1/20/2024 - Donuts and National Cheese Lover's Day

I managed to do so, but woke at 1, 3:30 and finally 5:30, so am up and around. 17 below Zero, and 65 chilly degrees in the house. turned on electric heaters in here, the fireplace, but it will be a while before it goes up even one degree inside. Brrrrre, still dark out.

COLD! 3°. Average for this area in Jan. is in the mid 40s. Too cold for this old lady. No plans for today so guess I'll do household chores. Always fun and always needed to be done.

AND, I do love cheese.

I love cheese! Currently 20 sunny degrees. Light wind. Won't venture far. There is a frozen pigeon feather stuck on the terrace screen. The pigeons do not fly South for the winter, they huddle up wherever they can.

Robin: Enjoy your omelet!

redsquirrel I hope you eventually got back to sleep.

Poirot: Continue to do the best you can to stay warm.

Nameless: Maybe the chores will warm you up.

Wishing everyone a GOUDA day !

1705758187329.jpeg

It was in the teens this morning. It's sunny now and in the 20s, but cooler with the windchill. Ice still in the forecast
early Monday morning. Maybe I can walk tomorrow. All the stuff off the streets and sidewalks.

I got my errands done this morning. It's almost time to leave to go to the group lunch. I was going to get
gas on the way home from little library, but forgot. I'll stop on my way home later.

robin, I hope you enjoyed your omelet.

rs, I hope you were able to get back to sleep.

Nameless, a good day to do inside chores.

Poirot, remember to wear more clothing when it's cold.

Wilde Woman, you need to put blankets out for the pigeons.

I hope everyone is able to stay in and be warm and toasty.

Back again......
Poirot I'll send you the tracking numbers after I get the box.... You and Vinnie have the same sleep to wake pattern..... once it gets warmer and I don't have to dress to take him outside, I'll send another label and you can return him...... we went to be at 1, we were up at 3, 5, and at 8 I closed the bedroom door and forced Vinnie to sleep in the living room.... where his bed is.... and the couch and blankets..... just NOT me..... I slept soundly for another 2 hours..... before the pathetic noises of whimpering from the injustice and cruelty woke me..... HB was sound asleep in his chair in the living room during this entire time....
Late yesterday afternoon I received the email with instructions for the 2024 Midwestern Synchronized Skating Sectional that I volunteered to work at in the afternoons. I have no idea what it is but they needed people to sign people in and I need to start getting out of the house. a quick Google search finds:
Collegiate competition will be live streamed on Peacock Premium. (cool I can watch when I'm home)
All other levels will be live streamed on the U.S. Figure Skating YouTube. These videos will be available on-demand after the competition on the U.S. Figure Skating Fan Zone
- for copyright reasons, audio is not available for these videos. Videos are not available for purchase or download

I'll still be able to do the summaries as I volunteered for the afternoon shifts.... not a morning person.....

Happy Saturday.....

Another cold day here. Will continue with freezing temps until Monday. Possible freezing rain Sunday night, though it will mostly be north and east of me, and I won't be going out during that time of day or night anyway.

I can't seem to get anything done when the temperatures are below freezing with wind. I had to cook some this morning and need to do some more if I'm to have anything to eat for supper. Maybe I'll work a little more on my taxes. I put that aside a few days ago. I can't get interested in the few things I usually watch on tv. Completely out of character for me, this afternoon I watched the old movie, "To Hell and Back," which is the story of Audie Murphy's time in the military during WWII. I think he got every medal the U.S. gave at that time. The movie made me tear up and almost cry a few times, just thinking of what those guys went through and how unappreciated it all is in today's world.

Guess I'm just in a mood. Any of you ever have a migraine without much pain? I don't mean the auras of an ocular migraine but other symptoms such as fatigue, no concentration or focus, irritability, etc., and only a mild headache? For a long time I didn't realize the other symptoms were part of a migraine event but now I recognize them for what they are.

I hope the first part of the coming week will bring relief in the weather for some of you. I wish for all but it's probably not possible in some areas. Wilde Woman, those poor pigeons. I hope nobody does what someone in the town across the river from me did last week. She put a heat lamp on the porch to provide relief for the stray cats. It burned the house down. Sad to see good intentions turn so bad.

Back