1/22/24 - Donuts and wet stuff

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's an odd day in my state. The ice/sleet came last night at bedtime. I didn't hear anything during the night.
The roads were slick this morning because of the ice and schools cancelled again. It started raining in my
area before 7 AM. The roads won't have ice, but very slick with rain. According to the state radar map,
sleet is south of me. It will be raining most of the week at my house.

I had hair appt this morning and she changed it to 10 since her road was slick. The hair place is at my
sub division so I won't have far to go. I picked up stuff off my office floor and did studies this morning.

I hope everyone will have safe and warm day.

Good morning kat and everyone yet to pop in. We're to have a warm up to just above freezing today. Then kat's rain will arrive here later as freezing rain. Then the rain will stay through Friday. Flood warnings are already going out for when all of that rain and 40* temps act on all of our snow. Such a change from single digits over the weekend and this morning.

Yesterday was busy cleaning, cooking, and baking. I made meatloaf for dinner and meatballs for the freezer. Then made spinach rolls and pepperoni / mozzarella rolls. I get very impatient waiting for the dough to rise.

A new VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) phone system was installed at work over the weekend. The previous one was a Yahoo subsidiary. As I predicted, our phones aren't working...no calls in or out. BUT my voice mail is correctly going into my email Inbox for the first time in months. Before it was going into junk mail, and wasn't forwarded to my cell phone.

kat, be careful when you venture out later.

We got a warm up here, was actually 21 early this morning, so really did not cool off much during the night. we are to be in the 30s most of the week, cloudy and windy, but so far, no snow or rain in forecast, but who knows?
rs, what a pain to have a new system installed which is supposed to be better, and instead works the opposite. Hope phone service is restored soon. Meanwhile, you reminded me I have not checked MY mail. LOL

Warmed up here, it is 34 degrees now. Can really feel the difference in the apartment. Sunny, not very windy.

Kat: Good luck to/from your hair appointment. Take it slow.

redsquirrel: Hope you don't get flooded. Wonderful that you got a lot of cooking done. The phones will be sorted out soon enough, I know how frustrating that can be.

Poirot: Fingers crossed that your warm-up continues with no more snow.

rfsecton: If you mean the heavy rain is a joke because it wasn't heavy at all, that's good news!

Let's all get through Monday the best we can!!

1705943858065.jpeg

Good icy morning.... we have ICE here.... my week of pleasant warm for this area temps has gone bye bye....
Vinnie looks like Bambi when trying to walk on the ice to get to his outside space....I have made the adult decision to NOT venture outside with him. I don't need a slip.
We are hoping to get to Costco today if the Ozempic is in. other than that it will be another day of being inside safe and somewhat warm.....

@wildwoman
It was because it has been barely sprinkling.....as soon as I needed to leave, the rain got harder....

Robin, I'd never heard of the falling ice and could never have imagined such a thing. Dreadful! Poor Vinnie, I can just see him tiptoeing around like Bambi.

Wilde Woman, I'm glad it's finally more comfortable in your apartment.

Sexton, I hope you don't get enough rain to flood.

Poirot, 30s* seems like maybe the best you could hope for this time of year. But wind sure does put a damper on any warmup you might have. I hope you don't get rain or snow with it.

Kat, I hope your hair appointment went okay and no problem getting there and back. Your weather sounds similar to mine except for the ice. We stayed just barely above freezing last night.

Squirrel, I wish I had talent and motivation like yours for cooking. I keep telling myself this weather is perfect for cooking up some comfort foods but it just doesn't happen. I hope you don't get severe flooding. On the rare occasions there is flooding around here it is limited to specific locations near creeks. The only time I ever saw widespread flooding was one year in Pennsylvania. The town we lived in--Tunkhannock--had the Susquehanna River running through it and it once got down into some of the businesses in town. But even that wasn't like some floods they'd had in years past, and since we lived on the outskirts on a hill, it was not a threat to us. The stunning thing for me to see was when the ice on the river broke up and came crashing downstream at the end of winter.

It rained here all morning but a light rain, less than half an inch. It will be off and on throughout the week. It's still cold and dreary but the wind has died down for now and we do need the rain. I'm just so happy to not have to be concerned about things freezing for a while. I guess I'll work on taxes for a bit. Got to remember to take something out of the freezer to cook for supper first!

It was easy-peasy getting my hair done. It's been raining here all day. Yards are going to be mushy for awhile.

rs, I hope they got your phones fixed.

rf, the same thing happened to me. As soon as I got out of my car at the hair place, it started raining harder.

robin, I hope you were able to get out today.

Wilde Woman, enjoy the sunny day.

OC, are your tanks filling up with water?

Kat, it has rained less than half an inch, not enough to make any difference with the tanks. It would take several inches to help much. But it will help with the soil and grass.

Yes, Squirrel, my youngest son was born in Scranton. I'm surprised you knew of Tunkhannock, since it is so far across the state from you. It was a lovely little town back then (1970s). I wonder what it's like now. Last time we visited there was in 2000. Nearly all of our friends from there are gone now.

Back