1/25/2024 - Donuts and Clouds

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
Seems like the clouds will never go away but they're saying by Saturday and Sunday. It's getting warmer though, 50s* today and we may have actual rain tonight or tomorrow. Waiting to hear from my niece. I'm thinking we should feed today, if her roads have improved any since yesterday.

I know what you mean OC, we haven't had the son shine in almost a week. It feels like winter in Sacramento, only much much colder. The weather guessers say we will get rain Friday into Saturday then the clouds will move off and we will warm up.... I'll believe it when it happens.

Heading to the skating event in a bit. I have a show to watch and I fear it will be during my work hour and I don't know how to do that. Or if it will be available after it's over. My niece is receiving an award from the Department of Transportation today. She had to fly to Washington DC for this. It will be live streamed so maybe......

Vinnie survived his birthday fal da ral.... he's napping currently.....

Good Thursday to all...

Good morning everyone. Is today the 25th? I've been confused all morning, and I'm blaming it on the dense fog that won't burn off.

Had to drive back to the school in my southern county to screen the toddlers. The drive down and back was horrendous with the nasty thick fog and rain. I just had to reward myself for venturing out in the yuck so took the "scenic" route back though I couldn't even see the houses or farms along the way. The car just drove right into the parking lot of my favorite apple orchard, and a dozen freshly made apple cider donuts happened to jump in the car with me. They'll disappear at lunch time when we all eat together.

OC, I hope you get to feed today. Don't want you to get stuck in mud if it rains .

robinsnest, congratulations to your niece! Have fun working at the skating championships today. Thank you for the link yesterday. It looks like a great event for your city.

50 and raining on and off, grey skies, quite depressing. Now it is TOO hot in the apartment so turned off heat in the back but kept it on where I am working but cracked the window.

OC: I hope your niece makes it out to you so you can do your feeding chores.

Robin: Good luck with the skating event. Congratulations on your niece receiving an award!

redsquirrel: Driving through fog is challenging, glad you made it to your destination. Those apple cider donuts sound scrumptious, with or without that "extra ingredient," wink wink. (We all know the Days' scenes I am referencing.)

Even though many of us have no donuts, let's try to have a delicious day!!

1706200319435.jpeg

It started raining here again before 6 so no walk today. It should be ending soon to take Fenix out.
My front yard is mushy. Where I put the dirt is fine, but all around it it's soggy. Rain again Sat when
I do my errands.

My neck is better this morning. I flipped over the pillow. It should be ok until Sat when I get a new
one. My cold is so so. I got to the little library this morning and put books on the shelves. I didn't
stay and do anything else.

robin, I hope you'll able to see your niece's award ceremony. Enjoy the skating event. I didn't realize
there were big groups of skaters doing synchronized skating.

rs, you're lucky your car found the apple orchard in the fog. Enjoy the donuts.

Wilde Woman, put on some dance music at lunch and dance around.

OC. I hope you can feed your cows before the rain comes again.

I hope everyone will have good rest of the day.

Back