1/30/24 - Donuts and nice weather

39 ugly, overcast degrees. But no rain (yet)!

rfsexton: Pleased to read that your weather will improve for a while. Love pecans! And walnuts. And cashews.

Haven't had a croissant in forever, but it's a special day! Enjoy today, even if you don't have any croissants (I don't!)

1706636518484.jpeg

Good afternoon everyone. Winter has returned here. The weather gurus said the temp would reach the high 40s today. Nope! It is hovering at the freezing mark with a cold cold wind blowing. The wind chill is down in the 20s.

Spent the morning and most of the afternoon in the northern part of the county doing screenings for children with multiple disabilities. Will be going back tomorrow afternoon.

Lil0, dear will eat almost anything. I bet that one thought it hit the jackpot with a personal meal served up just for him.

Last edited:
Afternoon.... vacuuming done, dusting done.... Vinnie at Day Care driving THEM nuts instead of me.... and the sun is out and it's warm enough to open the patio door to let fresh air in...... How great is that??? Pretty darn.....

Not much going on now.... got most of it done.... just have to clean Vinnie's water fountain, yes he has a fountain, today is the change the filter and wash the foam day in addition to the actual dish...... No.... don't go there..... he is not spoiled.... he just likes drinking clean MOVING water.....
ya he is spoiled..... totally......

Happy Croissant Day........

We currently have a water ban or severe decrease in our city and area as a large pump went down at the biggest water treatment plant.
Robin, cats love water fountains too. We had one for our fur baby. He used to love a water tap dripping. Right now with the ban we wouldn't be allowed to have a tap running.
No baths ( just short showers), dishwashers, laundry or car washes.
Not sure how long this will last.

It's sunny and 62 right now. I just got back in from raking my favorite area. Hopefully, the water will start
to recede. My mower said he can't put dirt down until it's dry. That probably won't be until summer. It's
going to be in the 50s and 60s the next couple of weeks with rain starting Sat.

I only walked one time this morning since I wore the wrong coat. I knew I would be outside so I wasn't concerned
about my exercise. I vacuumed and did some dusting this morning. Washed clothes. Worked on the summary. Took
Fenix outside. I had lunch then finished summary. Then outside awhile. I'll be back outside Friday afternoon.

My cat likes outside water. I have water inside, but he rather drink out of the bowl outside. When he can't be
outside, he wants to drink water out of the sink. Not when the water running, but out of the bowl.

Mrs. Clean, I hope the pump is fixed soon.

rf, enjoy the nice weather. I hope you found lots of pecans.

Lil0, the deer must be hungry or he knows you give out the best food.

rs, I hope it won't get too cold for you.

robin, does Vinnie sleep better after his day at doggie care?

I hope everyone has a pleasant rest of the day.

HAPPY APRIL EVERYONE>.........Oops, did I say April, I meant January.........WOW!! 14*C (57.2*F)..........Craaaaaaaaazy!! The ice is melting so fast it is looking like rivers and streams on the roads and sidewalks. I'm out on inspections and just a quick pop in. Have a good day everyone and will catch up on donuts tonight

Sorry I always seem to be getting here late. Another beautiful day here. We fed cubes this morning. I worked in my yard for a while this afternoon, raking and picking up pieces of my deck railing, which is disintegrating and getting spread all over the place. Later, I made some phone calls I'd been putting off for too long. Also had a phone call from my oldest son, who doesn't call often. That was a nice treat.

Lil0, I couldn't help but laugh at your post about the deer eating your suet. It's not funny that it ate your birds' suet, but it amused me because it was something I could see my cows doing. I'm not used to deer that are gentle enough to come right up to my house.

kat.... I wish it meant Vinnie would sleep better tonight....he is currently sleeping but he was obnoxious while we ate dinner so he ended up being crated till we were done....it's a nice day and the geese are flying all over the place so they are also disturbing him..... HB is in pain but is "fine" but snappy and has no patience so it's a cluster f here at the house....

At least I get out of the house for a bit tomorrow as I'm working at a high school.... wondering if there will be anything to do or will I just sit and twiddle fingers????

Back