1/4/2024 - Donuts and Brrrr

redsquirrel

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. I would've sworn that I had posted yesterday, but just saw that I didn't.

Most of my month / year end reports are done. Those usually take me over a week to do, but got them done in 2 days since hardly anyone was at work. A few more reports to go before I start prepping for my kindergarten through 6th grade classes next week.

We had freezing rain then snow last night. It looks like a beautiful winter wonderland this morning, but there is a lot of ice underneath. It took over 15 minutes to drive the 1 mile to the office this morning.

Still pitch dark here, but my thermometer says 17° right now.......Brrrr is right! the other day I must have slept weird or something as woke up with nieck hurting a lot. Is a bit less today, but still hurts mostly now left side and back. bending down or turning head is done very carefully. Tylenol has helped.

Good morning, all. Currently it's 6:30am and the temperature is -7*C (19.4*F) but daytime high will be 3*C (37.4*F). I'm watching the news at the moment and my province fire crews are preparing for fire season early given the warmest December and November on record, with little moisture, and not as much snow pack in the mountains it could be a very dry and devastating fire season..

Lil0, you're daffodils are up already??? Is that normal for your area? THis is why I like going out to Vancouver in march April because while everything is brown where I live still at that time of year, Vancouver is green and lush.

RS, I hear ya about the ice Where the snow plows haven't been it is so brutal with packed ice making it difficult to walk and when people don't shovel their sidewalks like they are supposed to, it makes it very dangerous.

Poirot, how's your birthday week been going?

Last edited:
Good morning.... it's the few hours of calm before the storm..... we are per the weather guessers expecting 1-4 inches of snow this afternoon into tomorrow..... but for now I can see a bit of blue through the thin clouds.... I'll take it....
Yesterday at Costco Hunny Bunny locked Vinnie and the keys in the van. He waited for AAA to come rescue him, I went in and picked up the few items we needed, and a Costco Hot Dog, then I went out and he went in and got his meds..... AAA came opened the door I grabbed Vinnie who thanked the driver in his wiggliy fashion..... drove home and I napped for a hour which is unusual but my back hurts which is also unusual...... weird....I'm sure it's from lifting something wrong but it's annoying as all get out..... right now.......

today I'm getting a key made to carry in case this Van thing happens again......

Another chilly morning for walking. It's sunny this afternoon and close to 50. We might get white stuff
early Friday morning.
Drat, they changed my forecast. I might get up to two inches of white stuff here
and tomorrow I'm getting new gutter screens. Maybe not tomorrow now if the weather is bad.

When I got home from the little library, my garage door was open. I wasn't happy since it was fixed last
Friday. They will either come today or tomorrow. I was staying home anyway.

rs, I hope your trip home will better than this morning.

Poirot, I hope your neck feels better soon.

Lil0, enjoy the nice weather while you have it.

Muzzaman, did they get all the fires out last year in Canada? I never read that they were over.

robin, good luck if you get that much snow. Smart idea getting another key.

I hope everyone has a lovely rest of the day.

Back