1/8/24 - Donuts and Wind

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The wind arrived before 6 this morning. The wind will be worse later this morning. Rain postponed
until close to 8AM so I'll be going out soon to walk. I probably won't be walking as much usual, but
no walk tomorrow with the white stuff arriving.

Today I'm going to church. It's either today or tomorrow. Tomorrow not a good day either. I'll
be getting wet for sure. I'm going to park in the handicap area since closer to doors than
where I usually park. My hands will be full so I can't use umbrella and with the wind I might
fly away like Mary Poppins if I had one :) And I'll have to take Fenix out in the rain.

I hope everyone has good day with all the odd weather out there.

Hope you have a hood on your jacket.........I have several errands this a.m. so have to get going Take care, stay safe..............(grey and overcast here, no sure what is in store, but it is just 20° out there now.

Good morning.... so far our big storm is a rain storm. Well, rain and wind. Last night at 3 Beast got off the bed and made odd noises that I soon realized were him digging at my slippers. He then grabbed my sock from my slipper and dashed to the door to go potty.... I couldn't get my sock from him, little monster. He made two more trips out and finally HB brought my sock back into the house. Much to the enjoyment of the BEAST who really really wanted to play with it.....
The guy who hung our Christmas lights, whose been missing in action for the past couple of weeks has contacted me so I'll be getting my outside lights taken down today is the rain and the wind. great.....need to get them down before I get an HOA fine. per the annoying rules, that I haven't followed, Outside lights can't go on before the Friday of Thanksgiving, mine were on the day before Thanksgiving and have to come down Jan. 1st. I've been trying since I got back from California to contact him to have them removed. It helps 4 other neighbors still have their lights up and on each night.

Happy Monday to all....

Sunny and 41, no sign of any wintry mix now. But we are due for a wind/rainstorm tomorrow into Wednesday.

Kat: The best to you navigating the wind/rain. Before you go out, have "a spoonful of sugar.":)

Poirot - Stay warm!

Robin: Enjoyed your sock story! Glad you heard from the MIA light guy.

Happy Monday to all!

1704728944459.jpeg

It's been a wild day here with the wind.

When I left home, it was raining, snowing and some sleet. The temp was 39 in town. I was lucky it wasn't
too wet when I went to the church buildings. I took a stocking hat with me and had my hooded coat.
It wasn't doing much when I got home and I was able to take Fenix out.

Since it's so windy, there's trash all over the neighborhood because trash cans fell over. I found trash in
my yard. I picked it up. I found more on the other side of the yard and in the ditch. It's all picked up.
It's pouring now. I still have to put my trash can out.

robin, I'm glad the light man finally contacted you. He's probably been busy all over town.

Wilde Woman, I hope you have all you need before the storm comes.

After letting me know he'd be here around 10:30 he was a no-show at noon so I texted and said let me know when you are here so I can come out and he replied it's too wacky a weather day maybe tomorrow..... so who knows.....

it is windy and sometimes rainy...... so it's best he's not on my roof..... but he's better on the roof than HB who wants to do it.....

The trash truck arrived at my house just after 5. It's almost dark outside and raining. I went down to the
woman's house I take care of before it came to mine. The weather channel has my area under an alert
tomorrow with snow forecast. There might be 40 MPH wind and I didn't want her trash can fly around.

Robin, my jaw dropped at the thought of HB getting on your roof, especially in the wind.

This wind! Looks like many are in the same situation with some variations. Mercy, how it is howling! I'm just so glad not to have precipitation with it here. Ours has some dust in it but I'll take that over freezing precip any time. Throughout the day I've thought this gives a new meaning to "blustery." It looks and sounds eerie. We'll have wind chill factor in the teens tonight.

I may not be able to move tomorrow. I spent the whole afternoon down on the floor, bending and stretching and twisting, getting up and down, etc. I couldn't give up on the idea of moving my office space into my living room. In order to do that I had to move the heavy, long, low cabinet on which my tv sits. It has sliding doors and space for the receiver, printer, and some other things underneath. There are tons of wires back there and some time back I went to great lengths to get them and their connecting devices all organized and into some boxes I'd ordered for "hiding" such things. But now the wires wouldn't reach to where I wanted to move it so I had to rearrange the wires and this time I put color-coded velcro ties on them to go along with the label tags I had put on before. There's really no good solution to such a mess so this was the best I could do. I still have to move my file cabinet and some other things but this was my big snag. I'll save the rest for another day. This project will free up some space in my sun room, which had gotten too crowded. It's where the most time is spent when my kids or anybody else comes to my house.

I have had a busy day. Up early to give Boomer his meds, take him out, and feed him.
Then a run to the feed store to sell more pecans. Then I headed to Lake Jackson hoping to get everything done before the rain. Breakfast at Chickfila and I chose the fruit cup over the hash browns. I never had the fruit cup. Very generous serving. I had to take part of it home with me. I headed over to HEB to get my covid, flu, and RSV. Don't want to risk bringing infections to the ActionS Center. Then it was on to the eye doctor to get my exam. I really liked the doctor who took over the practice. She was patient with me because I need time to decide which slide is the best. She also showed me the scans of my eyes from this time and the last time and did a little teaching so I would understand them. Ordered new glasses from Vision Express. It is annoying that it can take up to two weeks to get glasses.

Lunch at Chick-fil-a mostly using my points

Then to the vet to get Boomer's blood pressure pills
and finally back home.

Back