1/9/24 - Donuts & The Calm Before The Storm

Wilde Woman

Reaction score
The sky is "eerie" right now, steady rain, 44 degrees. Those in coastal areas have been warned that there will be high winds and heavy rain/flooding, especially folks in New Jersey. Parts of NYC and the other boroughs will experience different weather events, the worst to come overnight. Praying that people are safe and taking precautions as they can. In the new year, trying not to worry about things I can't control, as worry does not change the outcome. This, too, shall pass.

Busy at work, was almost shocked to see it is almost noon. Just took a quick break to check in.

Let's all get through the day with good thoughts sent telepathically to each other.

Look to the sun!

1704818109235.jpeg

I'll take the weather in your picture, Wilde.

Today is a mild day before we have 5 days of
c-c-c-COLD weather. Even Watson looks back at me when it is so cold, with a look on his face that says, "Oh no.....you have got to be $#@# kidding me"!!!! Lol!!! If I'm getting all bundled up to take him for his poop loop in the morning you can bet he's coming.

A busy week.....Volleyball tonight, tomorrow and Thursday night, I'm doing a shift at our local food bank on Thursday before vball, Friday is a free night, dinner at friends on Saturday and Sunday then I leave Monday for Fernie for the week for work. On my way back to Calgary, I'm going to spend a night at my parents in Pincher Creek and have a visit with them.

Have a good week and weekend and stay warm for those experiencing this cold.

Capture.JPG
The blizzard hit us last night around 10 wind howling, snow blowing. The station put up the 7 day forecast.... I guess I can stay positive by saying at least we are above zero.
Muzz, Vinnie and Watson are cut from the same cloth.... Vinnie has had to do his potties, we go outside he takes one step and decides nope not now, we finally went out and had a successful trip..... I'm going to have to get some winter booties for him.... the booties he has are for the desert to keep his feet from burning on the hot surfaces.... a bit different I guess from the cold....

They had a hard freeze in Phoenix last night, I know this because my former neighbor sent me a picture of his phone with the temp listed..... Today is yet another day I won't venture too far from the house.... Maybe Wednesday if that temp holds.... make sure I have enough food for the weekend...

Winter was never my favorite season.... it's currently dropping like a stone in popularity.......

It's barely above freezing here. The wind makes if feel colder. There has been snow most of the morning.

Fenix's mom sent me an email before 6:30 this morning telling me the school was closed. This was before
it started snowing. So far, my street doesn't have snow on it. I went out later than usual to walk. It wasn't
that cold when I went out. There was some sleet and later snow started falling. I only went around two
times. I picked up a lot of trash from yesterday. I'll have to get my mail then be inside the rest of the day.
I washed clothes, cleaned another door and summary is done.

Wilde Woman, I hope your section of NYC won't have bad weather.

Muzzaman enjoy your fun the week and seeing your parents next week.

rf, stay warm.

robin, good luck getting out later this week getting supplies before the next weather hits.

I hope everyone will have a good rest of the day.

Good afternoon everyone. We're in the same weather system as many of you. We had several inches of snow overnight. Then the freezing rains and high winds began around 5:30 AM. It was crazy driving to work this morning, but people seemed to know how to drive in this mess for a change. Thousands here are without power.

Driving to the northern end of my county was treacherous even though we waited an extra hour to leave.
I haven't been able to go home to check my basement. Hopefully it is still dry.

Lights are flickering at work. I better shut down my laptop.

Wind was terrible last night, continues today and through the week, but today not as bad as last night. My tv satellite has been in and out. I keep reminding myself how much worse it could be if electricity should go or damage from the winds or any number of other things. It's sunny today, in the 40s*, I think, but will be dropping the rest of the week and into next week. By Monday we're to have a high temperature of 10* with wind chill below zero. I pray there won't be precipitation with it. Too soon to know yet.

Lil0, I hope you aren't caught in a power outage. I hope no one is.

Any of you who have to get out and drive, please be safe.

Please keep in mind all of those across the country who have to deal with livestock in severe conditions. Making water available to them when things are frozen is always a challenge.

I just looked at the weather forecast again and either it has changed or else I misread it before (probably the latter). The 10* is for Sunday night. The high Monday is to be in the 20s*, which is a huge improvement, though following the 10* night, it's still low enough to have concerns about things freezing up, depending on what it does by Tuesday and following.

OC, I just checked my forecast it's going to be in the negative numbers Sunday and Monday night.
Snow possible on Monday. It's a holiday so no mail coming that day. I'll go to church the next day
since the high Mon will be 14.

Back