10/12/21 - Donuts and a Lunch Date

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
Good morning. I'm meeting a high school friend for lunch today. We reconnected a few years ago on Facebook, while she was living in my Wal-Mart town. Then last year she and her husband moved to Arizona to be close to two of their kids. They're back in town (still have one son here) for a couple of days so we've been planning for a while to get together. There's rain in the forecast so I'm hoping it holds off until later or else won't be very heavy. It's supposed to be stormy tonight.

Wishing all of you a good day.

oh, how great to be able to get together with an old friend. Lucky you. E N J O Y!!! Cloudy, overcast, dismal looking here, although the barometer points upward to "sunny"......so.....guess we will get a surprise. Originally it was to rain, and it will only be 60 again. Yeah, I know to expect cooldown, and it is probably on time.......somehow I feel like a season has been skipped over or something. I know it is only because of just too much going on, probably, tho, the loss of light in a.m. and p.m. LOL. First too much, and now getting too little. LOL Debating about going for a smart phone, but......choices overwhelming. I just want to be able to transfer my over 7000 minutes. LOL

It was in the 40s when I took my walk early this morning. The high will be in the be in the 70s. The
sun just came out. It's suppose to get cloudy this afternoon. There's a chance of rain tomorrow. I
hope it will rain after I get back from my morning outing on Wed.

I'm going out soon to do my favorite thing. Raking. Ha, ha.

Poirot, you can get a regular cell phone that has texting, internet and a camera. I got another free
one from AT&T. I told them to block the texting and internet since that would cost more. I don't
know how to do camera so no problem. Every time AT&T updates their system they send me a
phone at no cost. No price increase either. I hardly use it, but I have in car just in case I need it.

OC, I hope you have a nice lunch with your friend.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable day.

it's cold....... it's really really cold........ (it's 68°)
Last night at 5:30 I received a text from the bus leader. The bus had died they were able to get to a rest stop west of Palm Springs. The hope was the bus had over heated so they waited a bit and then it wouldn't start again. So a new bus coming from Phoenix was heading to their location, it would take 4.5 hours to get to them. Then they would have to take everything off bus 1 and move it to bus 2 and drive the 4.5 hours to my house. They arrived around 4:30. Everyone was unloaded and gone about an hour later. the BEAST was so excited but no one really wanted to play with them, they were all looking forward to their own home/bed/shower then work for those who didn't take the day off..... I'm exhausted waiting to see when they'd leave, then trying to sleep the 4 hours before they arrived.
PT today and then nap time again. I hope.
OC have a great lunch... if your storm is my storm not much rain but lots of wind....

Poirot good luck with the search for a phone..... I have a data plan with mine, so I can text and search the internet...... comes in handy....
kat your high could be warmer than our high today.....

Good Tuesday to all......

Good Afternoon,
What a day, meetings all morning, left early so Gena could get a filling. We have parent teacher conferences in an hour, and all I really want to do is nap on this cool gloomy day.

-OC, how nice for you to see an old friend today.
-Poirot, the days did seem to get really short really fast.
-Robin, I'm so glad that you have cooler weather today.
-Kat, good luck with all the raking.

Rainy day here. I finished up my latest book and then spent the day working on some lists for upcoming holidays.

Siege took Bell with her to the volleyball game at school tonight to support her besties last game ever. It’s also pink out and Senior night so they were getting in for free.

It's 84 degrees and humid here and "the skies are all cloudy all day". I managed to get my teeth cleaned today and a bunch of errands. I got my book (our Lifestories) up to date. Just need to edit it for grammar, etc. (wish we had that capability on this site). Also did a lot more paperwork that needed to be done and even straightened up the house a little. I am really tired.

I hope everyone's day will end well. Blessings and peace to all! :love:

Back