10/24/23 - Donuts and Breakfast Tacos

Good morning everyone. I get an office day since the school forgot to get parental permissions.

I definitely need some catch up time since yesterday was an 11 1/2 hour work day for me. I had school all morning the had an "interactive" educational fair until 6:00 pm. I didn't get home until after 6:30 . I left everything in my work car, and unpacked it this morning. I'm hoping to leave by 2:00 today.

rf, that sounds like a yummy breakfast!

Sunny and 63 in NY. Sure doesn't feel like October, but it's okay. A day without more rain is a good day.

rfsexton: That is wonderful about the taco shop!

redsquirrel: You sure are burning the candle on both ends. Hope things sort themselves out so you are not pulled in all directions.

Wishing all a wonderful day!

1698165791761.jpeg

So we are to get to 60 today, and possibly tomorrow as well, and by Friday, they are talking the S word. Go figure.Sun was out this morning, but now is overcast.....Sheesh......wacky weather continues.

Hey WW I've got your rain today!!!! It's actually lovely unless you are a 12 pound BEAST as well wet ground.... ewwwww
We have a police presence on the next street over.... their flashing lights are in the living room making it fancy..... disco party.....
at some point today I have to get my act together and get out I do have errands to run but it's so nice to sit and watch it rain.... as it's supposed to rain the rest of the week, it may bet old.....
Beast didn't get to day care he's going to have suffer the vacuum today....

Happy Tuesday....

It's cloudy today and in the 70s. Rain chances keep changing. Maybe rain late this evening.

Today and tomorrow afternoon might be the last nice days of the year. Rain expected Thurs
and cooler temps next week. I washed a sheet this morning. Hopefully, it will dry outside since
rain for afternoon gone, but who knows. I planted some pansies this morning. Summary done
and I'll spend time in the flowerbed. I'm unsure what I need to do first.

rs, I hope you can leave early today after your busy Monday.

Wilde Woman, enjoy your nice day.

Poirot, I remember years ago there was "S" word on Halloween where I live now.

robin, enjoy the rain.

rf, I hope you enjoyed the taco.

I hope everyone has a pleasant afternoon.

Update on the carrier not delivering my package. I talked to the acting postmaster. Evidently they have employees who come to Angleton to do Sunday. She is going to find out who chose not to do their job and explain things to them. She agrees if Domino's can find my space postal employee should have no trouble. Acting Postmaster also apologized

A couple weeks ago, I was notified an Amazon pkg. would arrive on Sunday, I just laughed to myself, no way. Well, it WAS delivered on Sunday! Shocked me. But whereas I lived so rural, but now live in town itself, guess it is easier.

Poirot, I am in a small RV Park right on the highway with a single loop. Spaces are clearly marked. Someone was just too LAZY to drive in and look.

As I said Domino's finds me just fine

Their reason for not delivering driveway or door not accessible...which was a lie.There is not a park on the areathat has easier to find spaces

Kat, enjoy your final nice days of the year. I've never planted pansies before and have always wondered about them for winter. Maybe that is something that could survive here, since it will be winter and no grasshoppers to devour them before they even get a good start. Those crazy plant fiends are in their death throes right now. I few can still hop but most are tumbling around, unable to get up and going. Turning dark in color. Eventually they just stop in their tracks.

Sexton, the fill-ins for Sundays may not be the cream of the crop of employees. I talk with people who own all kinds of businesses and they all say the same thing: reliable employees are almost a thing of the past. Your taco shop sounds wonderful. If I had places like that near me I'd be their most regular customer!

In these small towns around here new restaurants are constantly opening and then closing in less than a month because they can't get anybody to work for them. Either they'll quit after a few days or just not show up half the time or whatever. People are becoming conditioned to not working. I understand not wanting to work but now there are so many who don't think they should have to so they don't. It amazes me how many people are able to live without working.

Wilde Woman, yea on a day without rain for you! Your flowers are beautiful.

Robin, a disco party, lol. I bet the people whose house was visited didn't think it was a fun party. Poor beast, having to endure the vacuum cleaner. I feel the same way about them. I wish I could go for a day out and somebody would come vacuum my floors!

Squirrel, well that was a big "oops" on the part of the school. I hope you got done what you needed to do and were able to leave by 2:00.

Poirot, here I am, dreading that we are supposed to get down into the 50s* and 40s* for next week and you're talking about snow! Ugh, but of course it's hardly ever snow here, but ICE.

For this week, we have varying possibilities for rain throughout the week, except for Thursday. We did get an inch of rain last night, which is greatly appreciated. But we need 3-4 times that much to get us back to normal. I've enjoyed the cloud cover today. So much easier on my eyes. But I'd miss the sun after a few days of this.

Heck if you go to Google my street still isn't listed!!!
When asking for delivery online I put in my address and the screen pops up with no known location do you want to change? Nope, just trust me I know where I live..... From July to now they've completed another street both sides with duplexes, they don't have a known street yet either I'm guessing.
I'm more rural now than I've ever been but it's only because 3 years ago this was farmland....

Back