10/4/16 - Donuts and Birthday cake

A somewhat tardy happy birthday Sparkster. Enjoy the rest of the day. On the subject of wild things, a few years ago when my son was living in Charlottesville, VA, near the University, he let his boxer dog out late one evening to take care of business, and the poor fellow blundered into a skunk. My son and his wife cleaned him up as best they could and then took him to a de-skunking professional. On the weather front, the local weather hyenas are already making ominous reports about Hurricane Matthew although it's still down near Cuba and Haiti. They're probably itching for the chance to send a reporter to the Jersey shore to stand in the wind and rain next to the pounding surf. And in only a few months they'll have the chance to ominously report "snow in the forecast" and then say it's a chance of flurries in the Hudson Valley.

robin---just saw this and thought of you and your post...still laughing
14492330_892328744230698_6328588484408047398_n.jpg

Yep, was in the Atlanta area once, woke up in a.m. and it had snowed. Already had stopped, maybe 1-2 ", but was already melting. You would have thought it was a foot of snow, and that it was 10 below zero. LOL. Same when my sis lived in St. Louis area. Whole city shut down. I think the problem with snow in south is NO plows.

I remember when I lived in Portsmouth, VA in early 2005, there was a "blizzard" one day...actual white out while we were on the road. By the time we made it home, it was 50F and sunny, and the snow was melting. Two days later, not a trace of it left.

Degrassi, that's the way snow often is here in Texas.

DrBakerFan, there is such a thing as a de-skunking service? Wow, just wow! I've lived a sheltered life. Oh wait, maybe my life has been the opposite of sheltered. Anyway, it would be so nice to have services to handle some of my aggravations!

Robin and Poirot, I love the 68* Arizona posts!

LOL about a "deskunking" service. Tomato juice works great. So does a shower, and the wash machine for clothes. (Really, everyone up here talks of tomatoe juice for that). My son was about 17 when he was sprayed himself. Yep. Even his wallet smelled. LOL He left it out side, went straight into the basement, took off all his clothes into the wash machine, and then into the shower for himself. Worked.

Back