10/7/23 - Donuts & a big chill

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good Morning.......brrrrr.....a chilly start to the day here, 38°. Sun finally showed up around 8, so perhaps it will warm up a bit, tho 50 is said to be it. Yep......next week or so will be more of the same. One would think fall was opening the door to winter or something. It does come quickly up here.
Got some laundry to do, a few other chores. No idea why I wake so early when it is so dark out......this a.m. was 5:30. Tried to get back to sleep, no luck, so out of bed at 6:15. Rained off and on yesterday, no idea yet if there will be more of the same of that for today. LOL. I just do not want to go out. Did some putting away of the lighter clothing, rearranging things in the closet & shelves. Out come the long sleeves & turtle necks. LOLOL Take care, hope you have a lovely, enjoyable Saturday.......

We were under a frost warning for this morning so last night I brought all my trees in.....they are in the second bathroom because well it has space... and all my trees these days is 5.... down from the 50 or so from Phoenix days.... anyway.... this morning at his normal 5:30 the BEAST has to go outside ya know business..... I get up we walk to the door I open it he dashes out I step out close the door, he has determined he really doesn't have to go and runs to the door.... I tell him apparently this will be warm to what we will be facing in a few weeks.... he does some of his job we come in side he then realizes he has to do the other portion I open the door but it hasn't warmed up in the 45 seconds we've been inside.... so finding the perfect portion of crunchy grass takes a bit of time....desert dog and I will have a time adjusting to this.....
HB is off with is daughter for the day.....I hope they have fun.....

rf --- I hope you get Boomer taken care of and all you need is the delightful boiled chicken and rice diet for a couple of days.....

Saturday is a good day......

It was in the 30s this morning in my area. It's sunny now and will be in the 60s. I'm staying
in the this afternoon. Warmer Sunday. I may go outside in the afternoon.

I turned on my furnace yesterday. It didn't come on since it warmed up during the day.
It came on little this morning since it was cool in the house.

robin, you may have to get the Beast a coat for colder days.

Poirot, I hope you get your chores done.

rf, I'm glad Boomer is ok.

I hope everyone has a pleasant rest of the day.

We were under a flood watch earlier. I went out in the mess, just to my market downstairs, but still got wet on the short trip. If one doesn't go to the market, any market, early enough on a weekend, there is not much left. The humidity is unreal, feels like late August out there. I think it is started to improve, and tomorrow will be sunny and cooler.

Poirot - I'll take your big chill!

rfsecton - Glad Boomer is going to be okay.

Robin -The BEAST certainly keeps you active.

Kat - Hope you will be able to get out tomorrow, enjoy your day in today.

Everyone have a relaxing rest of your day.

1696708556617.jpeg

I had a headache all night, didn't sleep well. Got up at 4:00 a.m., took a hot shower and a pill. Dozed later. Gradually got better. Did little things. Drove to mailbox. Took a late morning nap. Lunch at 2:00. The weather was beautiful. 50s/70s, sunny. Will be 40s in the morning. Hoping to feel like going to church, if I don't get a headache.

Back