11/10/21 - Donuts & Where Is Everyone?

redsquirrel

Reaction score
WOW, I can't believe that I'm the first checking in today.

I've been on the run all morning with 3 different small schools today. Nothing much going on for the rest of the day except setting up everyone's spreadsheets for 2022. I'd rather get those done now instead of waiting until the last minute.

I hope Lil0 didn't have a rough ferry ride to her appointments yesterday.

OC, that nasty migraine better not be hanging on today.

Good Morning..... all who follow...... must be busy times for folks......
I did sleep well last night..... only up once an improvement as everyone in the house needs to get up to help me get up..... the BEAST much make sure I'm okay.... endearing if I wasn't so sleepy......
PT later today.....

Happy Wednesday to all......

LOL, admittedly I was here, but thought since I started this on Monday, give someone else a turn. However, RS, you booted us up yesterday, so thank you. Robin, I know PT is gonna wear you out. How long do you have to rely on that torture chamber?
Tis cloudy, overcast here, may rain, may not, but they are still talking the S work. I also slept much better last night, am happy about it, but still tired. LOL I HAD intended to get out early to WalMart, but just did not feel like getting dressed........which I am now. We are really having cold mornings, freezing, there is frost on the grass and roofs......and the S word is being mentioned a lot on the weather, along with rain, so doesn't sound good at all. Sounds more ominous up Duluth way. Actually, they are expecting snow definitely, while we (about 95 miles south of them) are hearing rain, maybe a bit of snow, turning to rain, blah, blah, all sounding cold, messy & yukky. LOL
Have a good day, all.

Today I went to Crystal Bridges for the last class with the Ollie group. I left at 9 and got home just after 12.

I took neighbor's dog out at 8:30. I'll get him out again soon. He's looks so sad when I go over. He never wags his tail.

rs, I hope your afternoon goes well.

manda, I hope things are well with you and Gena.

robin, hopefully PT was a good one.

Poirot, I'm glad you slept well last night.

Wishing everyone a good rest of the day.

PT today introduced new fun ways to pay someone to hurt me....even the icing hurt today instead of being a peaceful 10 minutes of bliss.... it was a too cold on my back..... But as I was leaving my Dr walked by he stopped asked how I was doing and my therapist told him I was doing amazing... after PT we went to Kohls to return an Amazon purchase..... now do I have anyone who I can spend that 25% off coupon on.....hummmm we shall see.... I now have do at home therapy too..... so I have something to break up my day now....

My morning was a busy one so I didn’t have a chance to hop on until it was time to post the summary.

Trying to get all my books in and stuff done because I have most of December off.

Good afternoon, all
robin ~ PT can certainly feel like torture at times. I wish you well and speedy progress.
The ferry ride yesterday was rocky. Lots of white caps on the water. They didn't park any cars near the front end -- to keep them from being splashed with the spray that hit every once in a while. But it wasn't too bad, and I didn't get seasick.
The neurologist ruled out Parkinson's disease and has referred me to PT to try to deal with my dizzy spells. I'm not sure how that will work, be we'll see.

Good Late Afternoon,

Sorry to be missing the last few days, I came down with the crud Gena had a week and a half ago, that was Saturday, Saturday to Monday I barely moved and would get winded walking the 15 feet from my bed to the bathroom. Thankfully Gena kept a steady supply of toast coming when I needed it and some Diet Ginger Ale, although she brought me Tonic Water at one point by accident, normally it's terrible, but I was so under the weather I didn't know the difference. I came back to work yesterday, but probably should have waited until today, as I'm not feeling much better, and was able to eat a couple of chicken tenders and some grapes for lunch, I guess the plus side is that I've lost 12 pounds through all this. I still get tired really fast if I have to walk to far or do too much activity, so something is still lurking in my lungs, but not nearly as bad as Saturday. I've been thinking of you all in my moments of wakefulness these past few days, but they've been very short lived and then I fall asleep again.

Wishing you all a wonderful evening.

Oh, my goodness, Mandy.....Did you see a doctor? I mean is there a diagnosis? Flu, pneumonia, bacterial infection........etc. (I am not saying Covid, please note, tho the variant can bypass the vaccinations)
Lil0.........has your doctor ruled out an imbalance of the inner ear? Several years ago, I was having dizzy spells - just suddenly began to get them........Had to have every test under the sun, brain scans, electroencephalograph, echo something or other, electrocardiogram, weird tests, I cannot remember what they were. I remember one involved pouring warm water in the ear, then sucking it out, pouring in the other ear......so many. All were negative, all fine. And thus the imbalance diagnosis, for which they can do nothing, eventually it rights itself. Took about 6 mos. Interestingly, my son-in-law in another state was having same thing happen.......as was the owner of a restaurant here we frequented. The two men did not see a doc, as they both figured I was having all these tests, they did not want to go thru it. And yes, they also had the imbalance of the inner ear, different degrees of it(son in law milder, neighbor here was worse than me. Everyone recovered.
Anyway, just a thought.
Robin, am sure your therapist & you will be having such "fun" times........but it all helps and works for the good.

Squirrel, thank you, I did feel much better today, for which I'm grateful because it was a long day. I had the 6-month followup visit for the skin cancer surgeries I'd had on my face. 65 miles away and we had some other errands in that town so didn't get home until nearly sundown. I'm glad to have those 2 doctor appointments behind me. I hope you are getting past the migraine hangover by now.

Kat, is there any chance your neighbor will get another dog to keep that one company? It doesn't sound good that the dog isn't wagging its tail. Of course 2 dogs together have a tendency to get into trouble.

I think I'm going to have an early bedtime tonight. I have the central air repairman coming tomorrow, I hope. Everything is still working but my mini-split seems to have an electronic burn smell coming from it so I've had it turned off for a couple of days. It may not be anything but I don't think I'll be comfortable running it until I have someone check it out.

OC, the dog is kept in a cage all day. I went over early in the morning to let him out.
When I went back later, I took a ball with me. I throw it in the backyard. I played with
it inside too. He chased around and brought it back to me. He must have played
fetch where he used to live. He held it in his mouth like a security blanket. I was
sitting down inside. He jumped up on my lap and gave hugs. He was so happy. He
wagged his tail. I spend 15 to 20 minutes with him. I'll be doing that when I can
from now.

The neighbor should not have a dog. She obviously is unable to care for the dog during the day & all week. Sounds like Kat spends more time than the neighbor does. Yes, People do have to work, and many pets get left alone all day. Eventually the dog will get used to the routine, and will settle in. Meanwhile, Kat is a blessing for that dog, and the neighbor, as well.

Back