11/15/16 - Donuts and Chilly Mornings

IamRed

Reaction score
Good morning everyone!

Only 45 here right now. Supposed to get to 60 today.

Trying to find a place to live when we get married it such a headache. We'll probably end up buying something. Rent is just so ridiculous here for no reason. A one bedroom apartment is $700 a month and that's in my small town. It's even higher in the cities. We can buy a small house here for a lot less a month then that. And houses where I live are about $20,000 cheaper where I live compared to where he lives. It's so crazy because we only live 20 minutes apart.

Working 7:30-3:30 today. Hopefully it's an easy day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Happy Birthday, tropical breeze. I hope you have a wonderful day.

8c91576d510149a90e01a999c00d940e.jpg

Good morning, all. A very chilly morning here as well. We had a great 4 day weekend entertaining friends visiting from Vancouver. We really just hung around the house and visited with the exception of a few little trips. On Saturday night we all went to a fundraiser my cousin put on to build a community of people living with neurofibromastosis, as their daughter was born with this and there is not much support in Alberta for people living with this.

Living with this affects everybody in a different way but it can cause blindness, skeletal deformations, benign tumours everywhere, learning and developmental disabilities, among many other things. It was a fun event with a silent auction. We walked away with a framed painting my uncle did, a cd of the bank another uncle is a part of, and a denim picnic quilt that an aunt made and picnic basket.

On Sunday, we took our friends for a cruise in the Thunderbird and took them to a Saskatoon berry farm and on the way home had dinner at bbq smokehouse, which we are going to go to on November 25 for 10th wedding anniversary. When we got home we started a fire and lazed around watching movies.

Iamred - Good luck house hunting.

JS - Funny dream. I have had a Days dreams as well.

Tropcial Breeze - Hope you have a great birthday.

Morning Everyone,

Happy Birthday TB!!

I had my weekly class today, ended up lasting 2 hours instead of the normal hour, as we took a practice exam as a group to help prepare for the real thing. My test is scheduled for Nov 30th. Already feeling a little nervous, but that's okay I guess.

OC - I hope your foot heals fast.
Robin - I think you should ride your funk to funky town and get your groove on. :rotfl: Just kidding, hope you feel more like yourself soon.

Red - good luck house hunting,

Muzz - that disease sounds miserable, wish it was better funded.

JS- I dream about Days characters all the time, just randomly pop into my dreams.

Happy Tuesday!

Oh, wow, O.C sure am glad nothing was broken, but you really did yourself a nasty turn, for sure. I bet someone in the postoffice or adjoining shop would have called your car place for you. Glad that gal stopped, there are kind hearted and aware people in this world.

I find I cannot really post picture of that Safari tree........but this is the best I can manage. I have taken every off, only tree & lights remain. Safari Christmas tree 2006 001.jpg

I think you can see the red birds, and the giraffe & zebra. LOL

Now let me not forget to say HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Trop, mention that we were 38 this a.m. and it has rained a bit this morning already, another overcast day. Grey skies of November indeed. Muzza, am glad so many of your friends love to come visit. Bet it is easier now with your own place at last!

OC......still have my "boot" from when I had to use one after breaking my foot

Happy Birthday TB!!

Today has been an ordeal with my landlord trying to fix the broken faucet in my kitchen sink. I have stuff sitting out everywhere. What a mess. The water line connections were corroded, so he couldn't get the faucet off; had to take the sink outside to bust the old lines loose. He's gone for more supplies and will be back later. Need I say this is driving Remmy crazy? LOL

Happy birthday TB! Hope you have a great day!

Rainy this morning but supposed to stop and clear off and be extremely breezy. It was a year ago today we had the horrible winds and lost power for 5 days. Blew our fence into our vinyl siding. We were very fortunate, though. So many people lost so much more.

So sorry OC - I feel so bad for you! You have enough taking care of your husband, now you will have to hobble to do it. Be careful and take everything slow.

KT - that stinks. We had that happen in the apartment upstairs. The hot water line got so corroded on the kitchen sink, they could only get cold. We had to have a plumber come in to fix the pipes to the sink, as that was a little more complicated than what I could do on my own. Hope your sink is back up and working soon, and hopefully it doesn't stress Remmy out too much.

Shan - glad you are not having that miserable weather again today.

I think I have found the reason for my funk. 11 weeks ago I started a rather restricted life style change. I visited a bariatric doctor to help me lose weight without the surgery. So far I'm down a lot of weight and not having problems with the liquid diet or the challenges associated with living an active life and going out to dinner with people and sitting and watching them eat.

But, THE OLD robinsnest would turn to food when sad/unhappy. Now I have to find other ways to deal with this. A loaf of warm bread and soft butter, and/or pasta cannot be my friends to pull me out of this. I need to find something else. So now I know why and need to see if I can come up with something on my own by next week or I'll be referred to their therapist. And, well, there is a can of worms in this head that don't ever need to see the light of day again ever. Know what I mean??

OC - good luck with the foot/ankle. Owie, owie, owie.

RED: sorry your search for new digs is a difficult one. It would be nice if this was a fun time for you. Maybe you can find an adorable home, negotiate a lower price, and make it a great wedding present to the two of you! Hope your work day is a light one and you have a restful evening.

JS: at least your dream was fun. Silly equals fun to me. Wonder what deeper meaning your dream portends? Your experience on buying vs renting seems consistent across the entire country right now. Glad you found a great home.

Happy Birthday Tropical Breeze! Sending you wishes for an extravagant day of celebration with those you love and cherish.

tropicalbreeze.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Muzza: glad your weekend was a delightful one. Neurofibromastosis is mostly unknown by the average American too due to its rare occurence in family/friends. I honor you for participating in supporting this precious little girl and her family. And what a great cause to support. You have a good heart Muzza.

Robin: this chilly [waht?] weather is lifting me right out of my funk. Sorry the below 90 temperatures are lifting your soul too. After your busy weekend maybe you need some time just to treat YOU! Hoping your day goes quickly and you do something extra special for yourself tonight. Liquid diets are also hard on the brain which sends mixed signals to the digestive system. What about a nice veggie-fruit smoothy? Hugs

OC: it just breaks my heart that you are dealing with another adversity. So grateful a kind lady offered you a ride or your foot/ankle would be in much worse shape. Thank goodness no stress fractures. It will take a week at least for some of the swelling to resolve so I hope you take it easy every day. To-do lists can wait. The work will always be there waiting, but your health is paramount. Thinking of you!

Manda: wishing you success on your exam. I am certain you will do well as you have studied and prepared ahead of time. You are a winner, Amanda!

Poirot: the tree itself is very nice. A good size with nice lights. Thanks for the picture. Your creativity saved the Charlie Brown tree!

Tropical Breeze: your son is loving and thoughtful to call you on your birthday morning. Moms worldwide just need the love of their children to brighten their birthdays. Hoping your day just gets better and better with each hour.

KT: you are a brave woman to tackle plumbing in my book. I usually make more of a mess than before I began. My Mom could fix anything but my sister got that gene. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Noel, I didn't even try to tackle that messed up plumbing. I knew better, lol. This is an old house and everything is just pieces-parts!

I don't know anything about your diet, Robin, but I like distractions. I read a lot, take pictures, anything that gets my mind on something else.

KT: I feel better now. My house is old too but even a new house deserves someone other than me repairing plumbing. :wink:

Shan: it is good to know only breezes are coming your way and not destructive winds now. Wishing you a lovely evening.

Fog and frost this morning. I wore my winter coat when I walked Goldie.
It got in the 70s this afternoon and I went out used my trimmer. It's
supposed to be nice tomorrow too.

OC, sorry to hear about your ankle. I'm glad it wasn't broken.

kt, I hope your sink was fixed today.

robin, I hope you'll find a way to deal with your sadness. At least, you have
hunny bunny to keep you company. Since you have a new camera, why
not take pictures of nature or something else you like.

I hope everyone has a good evening.

Good evening all,

Sunny and chilly day, but nicer than the past few. No class this afternoon, which gave me a chance to sleep in and, of course, do more homework. I'm really starting to get :sick: of school, and May 17th (graduation day) cannot come fast enough for me!

Happy Birthday TB! Hope it was lovely!

OC, I hope your ankle heals quickly.

Have a nice night, everyone.

Back