11/15/2023 - Donuts and a new hair style?

Another sunny day in the 70s. Today Bible study class. No class next week.

After lunch, I raked leaves for an hour. I got a small area done for now. The pear
tree (next door) will drop the rest of leaves probably next year. I plan to rake
every afternoon until Sunday when it rains.

robin, I don't think Vinnie would like that hairdo and it's actually a hair don't

I hope everyone will have a pleasant rest of the day.

Well today someone lost empty boxrs o the lanes of the highway. I couldn't avoid one. It was stuck under my car. I pulledinto the car wash and was trying to get it out. A young man hurried over to help me. He got it out a d helped me back to my feet. Nice yo know people still care

Sexton, I'm sorry that happened to you but what a blessing that the young man was so helpful!

I finished scrubbing the smushed grasshopper remains off the front of my car. I hope it doesn't collect many, if any, more this year. It's hard to believe but we're still having some die hards hopping around. Even more strange, I have a baby grasshopper inside my house, on a curtain. It's been there for a few days. I decided to leave it and see how long it lasts. A baby grasshopper this time of year is a mystery to me.

I also did some vacuuming and other cleanup, and washed up some laundry. The plumber is coming tomorrow to fix the drain pipe (probably needs cleaning out) and where it leaks into the central air condensate pipe. Also a couple of other leaks in the house. He told me last week he'd come tomorrow and he actually called me late today to say he'll be here at 11:00 tomorrow. I think I'm in shock. I've never had anybody follow up and communicate before--for anything!

Back