11/16/21 - Donuts and a Heat Wave

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
Good morning. It was near 60* when I got up at 5:30 this morning. Supposed to get to 88*. Then tomorrow we'll reach a mild mid-70s*. Wind both days. My plan is to go through the house and do something with stacks of stuff I've gotten out over the past month or so, intending to clean out drawers, cabinets, etc. but somehow never got around to it. My 2 youngest grandsons, who are coming next week, would have all of it flying through the air so I need to declutter the path through the house as best I can. I won't have time to go through all of it so I'll just have to find places to stick it out of sight.

Hope the day has gotten off to a good start for all of you.

It was in the 60’s here this morning too. Our high is 75. No rain is in the forecast but it looks pretty stormy out there so we shall see.

Good luck getting all of the stuff taken care of. I have some clutter I need to go through myself

Morning Everyone,
Work is crazy busy, so I apologize in advance if I'm not around very often. Gena's 1st Covid vaccine is on the record books. I'm schedule for my first Covid test today, mostly as a formality because of whatever this lingering crud is, in order to get an appointment at the clinic in the office, they wanted me to get a Covid test 1st. I may not even have the results back before my appointment, but whatever.

I would gladly take either of your 60* weather, as we're currently at 34*.

Have a terrific day!

Good morning..... that was a short night.... turned out the lights at 11:30 and was up and awake at 3...... the BEAST slept soundly ON me..... but after getting up once to use the bathroom and back to the chair no sleep was to come.... couldn't get comfortable, then couldn't get warm.... BEAST has his own blanket that he is wrapped in.......may try the bed tonight..... tied into the pink thing..... at least I will be warm.....
Going to put Thanksgiving decorations out today......
OC if you have a time crunch and have papers/whatnot to go through but need to get it out of sight quickly.... if you have a suit case sitting in the closet fill it..... then the paperwork is safe and out of site, till your guests leave.

Happy Tuesday

mornin' all. And the wind from Lil0 is here, blew all the snow off the huge pines, the pampas grass is now back up again, snow all blown off, waving away at the pine trees, they are strongly waving right back, lol. And the north wind doth blow!
Good idea about the suitcase...duffle bags, too. Out of sight for sure and safe!
Robin, usually the recliner would work for me when I would have severe bronchitis, or just a restless night. But of late, it seems I fall asleep initially, but when I wake in the wee hours, toss, turn, etc. , despite the clock showing me hours of wakefulness, I feel I perhaps did a 10-15 min "doze off" or something....probably a couple of times....No idea. But this a.m. I was awake at 3, 4, 5:30, (I checked clock at those times) upset I could not get back to sleep. I know I dozed up after the last time, and then awake 6:45. Wish solid night's sleep keeps eluding me. Good luck.......how long do you have to keep using the pink torture thing?
Mandy, they have Covid tests at my son's assisted living place, you cannot go in without one. They then make you go sit in your car for 15-20 min. til they come out to say you are o.k. And they test residents once a week (most nursing homes here are doing that now. Staff, too) Was 31 here at 6:45. Currently is 35. LOL, wind blew snow off the trees right on to my little patio. This a.m. there was none, just ice, but there is now. LOL And sun is trying to come out!!!! Been pretty overcast all a.m.

It was in the 50s when I woke up this morning. It's sunny and in the 70s now. I remembered
to wash the sheet I forgot to do yesterday. Hopefully, it will be dry before the mower does.

I raked leaves again today. I only took one can to the man who burns today. I put the rest
behind the neighbors house to save time. I raked up 5 cans plus raked a bunch in a low
area behind the house. That saved me time.

Rain and cold front tomorrow afternoon so back to fall weather for awhile.

manda, I hope you don't have Covid.

OC, good luck with the sorting. I'm outside all the time so the inside of house is awful.

Kris, enjoy your pretty weather.

Poirot, I hope you sleep better this evening.

Wishing everyone a pleasant day and evening.

Aw, Robin, your son is so generous to give all his leaves away for mulch.

Kat I'm 99% sure I don't have Covid, but we'll know for sure in a day or 2.

Poirot - I know lots of places test regularly, which is very good for places like long term care homes and hospitals. These potential new government mandates are throwing some major monkey wrenches into our processes at the office for training, but we'll see how it goes.

manda, I don't know what your symptoms are, but two people I know has bad sinus problems.
It took them awhile to figure out the nose infection was deep in the nose.

OC, I've been sorting and purging since July. Still have some to do. It's a "no end" project. Our weather has been great around here. 60-80s all day. I've decided to let all the leaves fall before I do any more raking.

Haven't been on much b/c I've been super busy. On my way to an Emmaus group in a few minutes. I need them today.

Everyone, I pray you all get a good night's sleep.

Robin, good idea about the suitcase and papers. I usually have some loose papers to hide in a hurry when company comes.

Yes, Nana, a never ending task. I hope your Emmaus meeting is refreshing for you.

Manda, my daughter and her husband had something like that a week or so ago. Was not Covid. I hope your can shake this soon.

Back