11/24/20 - Donuts and Dunkin

dachsie21

Reaction score
Hey all. So yesterday a new Dunkin Donuts opened here. The line was over a mile long. LOL. I did not try to go but saw pictures. I'm sorry but no donut is that good. LOL

I got some good news yesterday that helps a little. We are hiring another audiologist. We had the last interview yesterday. The first one is the one I wanted and everyone agreed to hire her. I was relieved and happy. Now to get through the next day and a half then I am off for vacation.

Have a great day all!

Good morning everyone!

dachsie, glad you are getting a new audiologist and it's the one you had hoped for.

rs, good luck with your Walmart run. Hopefully they won't be too busy. I wouldn't go near any type of grocery store tomorrow however.

I'm so ready for Wednesday at 5pm.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Happy Tuesday wishes friends!

Dachsie: congrats on hiring the new audiologist you preferred! That's a point of gratitude for our focus on Thanksgiving this week. So happy you are blessed!

RS: good luck finding what you need at Walmart. Friday and yesterday I visited several stores and they were bare of toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, cheese, eggs, milk, some meat, juices, breads, etc. Our stores socially distance well and you must wear a mask to enter so I hope your area is the same. Wishing you a speedy trip but come home with what you need today.

Lil0: I hear you about grocery shopping even this week -- especially Wednesday -- but some of us still need products for our Thanksgiving day meals! Glad you are snug at home, waiting for the celebration to start Wednesday night!

Poirot: keeping you, your children and especially your hubby in my thoughts & prayers. May you receive a blessing for this Thanksgiving Day!!

Hugs to all who follow me today!

Morning Everyone,

Cold and snowy here, although the snow is all melting as it hits the ground, at least for now. There's a winter storm advisory somewhere in the area. It's going to be a long day the way it's going now, as the primary computer system I need to work is down. Gena lost a tooth this morning, so I need to find tooth fairy money.

Dachsie - congrats on finding another audiologist

RS - hope you can get what you need from Walmart

Red - right I'll need to run out tonight, but after today I won't visit a store

Noel - I bought toilet paper this past weekend even though I didn't need it, knowing that people were starting to hoard again. All this greediness is so exhausting. I try hard not to hoard, but with Gena's tummy being so unpredictable I can't risk running out.

Hope you all have a blessed day!

Morning everyone. It's a dreary day here with clouds, wind and temps in the
the 50s. With the leaves mostly gone, it reminds me of winter weather. Rain
expected this afternoon.

I went out and did errands this morning. I went to a grocery store in town to
use coupons on items Walmart doesn't have. Then I went to Tuesday
Morning. I was disappointed in the items they had for the holidays. I bought
more masks. I'll be at home until Friday lunch with the Sunday class.

dachsie, great news they hired a new audiologist. I hope this will help you
have a fun, relaxing trip. Drive safe to Florida.

rs, I hope you're back from your Walmart trip and you found the paper
goods you need.

red, enjoy your holiday on Thursday.

manda, I hope you won't have to go out in the bad weather.

Noel, enjoy your week.

Poirot, I hope you and your husband are doing well.

Wishing everyone a nice rest of the day.

Kat - I hope your time at home is peaceful. I have to run out later to get tooth fairy money, all I have is a $10 bill and my tooth fairy doesn't pay that well. I'll probably just run up to our local Big Lots (it's a discount retailer in case you don't know). It's about 4 blocks from home and I can pick up some bathroom cleaner while I'm there. Gena has decided she needs to clean the bathroom every 2 or 3 days. I'm not about to complain about a spotless bathroom.
:rotfl:

Good late morning.... busy day here.... among other things it is trash day.... both garbage and recycling.... we only put out our cans when full..... our neighbor lives alone and has FULL can's every week!!!!! sometimes he will come over and dump his litter box into our container..... ewwww.... all trash in the "garbage" is to be bagged..... and of course he doesn't take the time to do that.....

Anyway..... Vinnie feels it's his DOG DUTY to warn us that A. the truck is on the street, B. it is at our house and finally C. it is touching OUR can..... each bark fest drives HB up the wall... he loves dogs but not dogs that bark..... it's weird.... I admit..... I'm trying to get everything finished this week holiday wise as I start work next week, and I don't want to use the weekends to get ready....

gnome.jpg

The gnome has been moved to a taller table as he is just to dangerous...... see barking dog issues above.......

dachsie congrats on the new hire, maybe she can take Mr. I-don't-like-you next time he comes in....

manda when Gena finishes JS's bathrooms..... send her to AZ I have a couple that could use a good go over......

Moving on to dusting...... then Santas

Today at 2pmCST, my assistant has an interview so am praying she does well and gets the job because I dont see how she will manage two of us when she cant manage one. I really want her to get this and move on.

They cut off Days for Biden's cabinet announcements so I guess I will read up. I have to make cornbread, chop veggies, etc for the dressing tonite and finish packing.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

I don't think she'd complain if she got more. She gets $1 per chore from me, although I usually increase it for the bathroom to $3. I used to give her $1 just to clean the toilet. For some strange reason she likes cleaning the bathroom, probably because you can see the change more than say vacuuming the carpet..

Gena would be in heaven helping all of you, she loves gardening and crafting and playing board games.

She started off trying to save up money for games for her Nintendo Switch. Now she's got her sights set on whatever it is she wants to order me for Christmas. :love: She's a sweetheart.

OC, I hope you didn't get bad weather where you are. I read there were
tornado watches in your area. I'm getting thunderstorms now

Lil0: I hear you about grocery shopping even this week -- especially Wednesday -- but some of us still need products for our Thanksgiving day meals!
??? Did I say something that seemed to imply you shouldn't? If I did, I retract it. I, too, have needed to go to the store for Thanksgiving Day food prep supplies. I hope that I now have all that I need and that I will not need to go back today. I'll make my cranberry sauce today, and probably do the pies Thanksgiving Day morn. But I better double-check to make sure I have ALL of the needed ingredients!!!

Back