11/5/2021 - Donuts and a slow morning

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another slow morning. At least I was able to brush my teeth this morning. I hope to be able to shower today. I'm going to wait till mid day then after showering napping. Mid Day we will be close to if not at 90° so the bedroom will be nice and warm.

Happy Friday all.....

Was just coming to start this, only I would have said.....GUSTY! Boy the trees are swaying like crazy, doing a great and fast hula, lol. Leaves are blowing helter skelter all over the place, back and forth!
Robin, hope you have a seat in your shower, as it probably would be better to sit in there! Know it will feel good after!
We were supposed to get to 50 today~ And despite all this wind.it is 51 now! LOL

Good Afternoon,
Yesterday I was able to get Gena appointments for her 2 covid vaccines. Her first is Nov 13th and the 2nd is Dec 4th, yippee! She's not excited, but she's very happy to finally be able to be vaccinated. Not much else going on here.

Robin - glad you're going to be able to shower today, that will feel so good.
Poirot - Sounds likes we're having a heat wave, we're at 50* today too.

It's a sunny day. Highs in the 50s. I took my walk after 9 this morning. It's suppose to be
in the 60s over the weekend.

We had a nice time at lunch today.

robin, I hope you were able to get a shower.

manda, I'm glad you were able to get appointments for Gena's shots.

Poirot, enjoy your nice day.

I hope everyone has a good evening and weekend.

Finally getting cool here. It will be in low 50s for the football game tonight. It's also Senior Night where all the seniors are introduced with their parents. Almost like Homecoming. I went to the Pep Rally today because my granddaughter is a senior cheerleader. It was LOUD in the gym but lots of fun.

Hope all are getting better and staying warm. Not much happening here.

It’s going to be a cold football game for us too but I have to go because it’s the first time Calleigh will be cheering

Good evening everyone.

It was a day of medical tests plus had to fast for the blood work portions. By the time I was finished with everything, I had a migraine from going so long without eating. Plus most of my meds need to be taken with food so 3 rounds of them with no food gave me an upset stomach. Came home, and tried to eat. It was a no go so rehydrated, and went to bed.

Up for a bit now. Trying scrambled eggs and toast. Then going back to bed.

rs, sleep well tonight. I know you have a busy morning.

Nanahl, enjoy the football game.

Kris, enjoy the game tonight too.

I did get my shower..... I know you were all on pins and needles wondering...... may I just say that getting in and out of a shower with a broken ankle is LOTS easier than with a new hip. I dropped the hose so HB had to twice open the door and grab the now water wiggle in the shower. then the soap fell.... it was a disaster...... but I was eventually able to wash my hair and other areas of my body..... then back to bed and a nice 3 1.2 hour nap.... because showering is exhausting.....

Now to find something that I would like to eat.....

Good Friday NIght.... stay warm those going to football games.....
rs hope you are feeling better tomorrow morning.......

I was out and about for much of the day, as the dozer guy came. He got done quicker than I expected. I hope he will come back Monday to do some other things. It was cold this morning, around 40*, but warmed up to mid-50s*. Not much wind. Skies cloudy until mid-morning, then sunshine. Grass stayed wet though. I felt pretty good, it was a nice day, but now I'm struggling to stay awake for at least 2 more hours.

Robin, so glad to hear of your progress!

Back