11/8/23 - Donuts and raking leaves

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another nice morning for walking with temps in the 60s. It's 81 this afternoon with high humidity.
Tomorrow it will be in 50s. The all day rain is now late afternoon maybe.

I wore my light outside clothing today. I raked three cans of leaves and said that's enough. It's
too warm for this time of year. I may have to turn on the A/C later.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Rained in the very early morning hours, had stopped by 6:30, but cloudy all day, and in 40s. They finally came this morning and cut down all the huge dead/dormant hydrangeas, and carted away all the debris. Yards are covered with leaves, which are still coming down, no idea if they will be able to rake or whatever to get them up. Betweem the snow and the rain, it just stays wet all the time.
I hope it stays decent until the 11th.....as that is when I bring my big flag in. It is up from Memorial Day to Veteran's Day. I already wore out one flag, which I have folded up, waiting to get it properly disposed of.........but have not yet run into someone who can actually tell me. I think taking it to the vet office might work.

ActionS Center took us shopping today at HEB. I got some good groceries.
I am going tomorrow and pick up food from the distribution they do the 2nd and 4th Thursday.
They load my trunk full of good food. I share it with the ladies at ActionS who don't drive and can't get there. I get a lot more than I can use before it spoils when it comes to produce.

Kat, I turned on my a/c last night and today. It got to 90* here today. The cold front hit here a couple of hours ago. May bring some rain tomorrow. Same one you're getting, I think.

Sexton, I bet the other ladies appreciate your sharing the food with them. I've always wanted to go to an H.E.B. Everyone I know who's been to them raves about it. They didn't have any in this part of the state until one opened in the Dallas area not too long ago. But that's still way too far for me to go shopping.

Poirot, I hope the weather holds off for you until after Veteran's Day. I bet the Veteran's office would take care of the flag for you. It would be very surprising if they didn't!

I had a busy day. Had to get down to the farm store/service station before 9:00 to get a new tire put on my work truck. Came home and loaded 2 weeks worth of trash into the old beat-up clunker and took it to the community dumpster, which is behind the farm store. The electrician came back to put a new box on my breaker for the central air unit outside. The guys that came yesterday didn't have a new box that would fit it so they put on an old used one temporarily. Finally, I went to Wal-mart and had planned to go to the supermarket but it was getting too late in the day and I had to get back before the sun got low enough to "blind" me. Also, my niece was going to go put out some hay and she wanted me to be at home because the work truck (which got the new tire this morning) has something wrong with it and she was afraid it might break down. We've been trying for a couple of weeks to get it to the shop. Too many other things keep coming up.

Back