12/11/20 - Donuts and Tired

dachsie21

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't posted much since I got back from vacation. I have really been super tired, been going to bed by 8:30 a couple of nights. With my assistant now gone, I have to do her job and mine so that's keeping me running. Glad it's a weekend and I can rest more.

One of my friends is going to come over to help me decorate some lanterns that I am hoping to use for gifts. I am hoping I can find the lanterns at At Home - I have seen some there before. Anyway, going to buy that and the greenery and floral picks to make them so we can do it Sunday afternoon.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Well, duh! I realized I didn't tell you that my assistant got a new job in cardiology and they moved her immediately! Was so happy I don't have to deal with her anymore. We also hired the audiologist I wanted but it will be a couple of months before she can start unfortunately.

Rain in forecast for today. I looked at the radar map and rain not here yet. So, I went
out at 6 with a flashlight and umbrella. Forecast has since changed to rain at 11.

I'm washing clothes this morning. Today Sunday school lunch will be
inside again. No food, drink, only masks.

Wishing everyone an excellent Friday.

Good morning everyone. It will be a somewhat warm day in the high 40s here.

Getting ready to make a quick trip to Sam's Club in Ohio. I only need a few things, but they're items they don't ship. I also must get out to clean leaves our of the crick before the rains start tomorrow.

kat, I'll trade you for your "ditch". My crick is 4 feet deep and about 4 feet wide. At the south end of my property, it widens to about 6 feet.

dachsie - I'm happy for you that the horrible assistant is gone. Unfortunately that led to an over load of patients for you until the new one starts.

I was bad Wed and Thurs. I had to go further down and rake since the water was turning icky.
I had to go twice since I couldn't do it all Wed. A woman came out yesterday and asked what
I was doing in her yard. Long story short, she promised me she and her fiancée would take
better care behind her house. She couldn't rake yesterday since she had to work. I finished
the pile. I told her where to start to finish the job. Hopefully, she will keep her promise.

rs, good luck with the leave raking. It's hard to do when leaves are wet. If I lived closer,
I would be there to help.

dachsie, great news about your assistant. I hope you'll get a new one soon.

The BIG news for today. I heard from Muzzaman. He's alive and well. He told me he's
going to post a greeting next week. He told me not being on the internet and not watching
stuff has made a difference in his life.

Last edited:
Wow such great news on the board today!!!! and Good Morning......

Dachsie congrats on your former assistant finding a new position...... may they enjoy her "skills" and may your new hire be able to get to you sooner rather than later..... How were the parks? I was there in March just before they shut down......

Kat thank you for the Muzz update....I am glad he is doing well.....

rs... be careful at Sam's and working in your crick......

We got .45 inches of rain at the Phoenix airport yesterday.... clouds moving out and with it the chance for more rain.... some areas got more some got less.... we got enough we didn't have to water the trees.... Vinnie was not happy with rain.... the area has fog this morning...luckily I don't live where fog is a problem.... but the radio traffic reports showed some dingleberries have no idea how to drive in fog.... getting a new car the week before Christmas is great ONLY on television..... not to mention bumps and bruises.... or worse injuries......

off to find some filing to do.... because I have 7.5 more hours to fill......

Hi everyone!

dachsie, sorry that you are having long days but glad that the stress of your assistant is gone.

kat, thank you for the update on Muzza. Glad he's doing okay.

rs, good luck with cleaning the leaves out of your crick. I had the city clean the leaves and debris out of ditch a few months ago to make it easier for my husband. I pay storm water fees so they are going to clean my ditch.

robin, did Vinnie bark at the rain to warn you of it's danger?:rotfl:

I'm so glad it's Friday.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

red.... yes the Beast did warn us of the dangers..... He was very upset as the rain fell and hit the tin roof and then the pavement.... it was a sound he was NOT familiar with so of course he barked...... he had a great day for vocalizations.... UPS came with a box, followed by Amazon with a box and then not to be left out... USPS dropped off a box.... 3 different trucks, 3 different delivery folks.... HB was warned about each and of course the rain.... meanwhile I had a very peaceful (boring) day at the office....
:wine:

A quick Friday hello and wishing each of you a wonderful beginning to the weekend.

This morning I pulled giant desert muti-branched house tall weeds from the backyard and smaller ones from the front yard. The rain yesterday softened the rock hard ground and God blessed me with strength to finish the job.

Then I get a call from my bank because one bill pay I made was in error over $400!!! So I called the City who are now charging me $136 to refund the overpayment! And the media wonders why Americans don't trust their governments?!?!

So off now on busy schedule of appointments & activities for self, family, and extended family. Just wanted to make certain to stop by and let you all know I am thinking of you.

Good morning all

Our high school won the semi-final game in football. Play for state next week. In fact, the Catholic high school in our town plays for state this Saturday and the high school in our county seat (3A- we're 2A) are playing for state in their division next week also. So three teams from the same county in state games! Hope we ALL win.

Dachsie, good luck on the gift decorating and not having THAT assistant any more.

Short note today since I have so much to do. Have a great day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Afternoon Everyone,

It's another crazy day here at work and we're at half staff as everyone is trying to use up their vacation days before the end of the year. I don't have to as I've been with the company long enough they are letting us roll over up to 40 hours this year because of cancelled vacations due to Covid.

Noel - that's terrible of your city to do that.

Kat - I hope your neighbor actually helps with the raking. Thanks for the update on Muzz.

Dachsie - glad your miserable assistant is gone, but I'm sorry that means more work for you.

RS - Please be careful in the crick, that sounds dangerous.

Robin - poor Vinnie, rain can be scary.

Nanahl - congrats to the football team, very exciting.

Have a great weekend!

hi everyone........busy day for me, spent entirely too much time on phone, but necessary. Had atty. appt in a.m., questions raised, back home, calls made, had to go out to bank, take care of lawyer's suggestion. Back home, more calls, have been so disorientated with all the different items to check and take care of, at one point, could not find my purse, looking everywhere, twice, getting upset, and finally note it is on a chair in bedroom, where I never put it, sort of blended in, which is why did not catch it first 2 times of looking. My dining table is looking like a .....well, not much space left to sit down and eat, for sure. Pulling files, and getting upset at how, nowadays, companies really try to screw you over. Sorry, just getting overwhelmed at times.

Nanahl, that is too cool about the teams in state! God Bless.

Dachsie......hope your new asst. is able to come sooner...meanwhile, God give you strength to keep up with the extra load

Kat, YOU are a terrific neighbor, I wish more of your nearby ones would pitch in. Hope they realize how things would deteriorate if not for you.

Noel, seems that is highway robbery ...could they not just say your overpayment is an advance for next year?

Robin, thank you so much for Vinnie updates, tales, pics.......he makes my day, which needs him to do so a lot lately!

Kat, haven't seen Lysol anything, Clorox anything since last March. Don't have any of it, unable to buy any of it. Too many like me.

Mandie.....am so glad you are standing firm with the Christmas thing.

RS, please, please be careful with that ditch, is no one else concerned? Wish I had a Sam's Club anywhere near. 100 miles away for me.

I did put up some wintery stuff, just some snowmen things. I will do the Nativity over the weekend. Doubt I will bring in the tree. It is small, just 3 ft. had all gold lights, loved it, but last year, one string burnt out, & *I am unable to find another to buy, or even the light bulbs to perhaps put into another new string. Oh, well. Won't matter.

Robin - it was great! Not too crowded but all the walking makes my feet hurt so my tolerance for lines got shorter towards the end of the week. LOL. But I did most everything I wanted so I was happy. Disney did a good job with mask compliance and social distancing. It was definitely easier wearing the mask when it was cooler than the first couple of days I was there when it was warm - I was a sweaty mess those two days. LOL

Back