12/20/21 - Donuts and Places to Go

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
Good Monday morning. I have to go to town this morning for prescriptions, and I think to get my old clunker truck out of the shop. It's been there three weeks and the mechanic called late Saturday and said it was ready but as we talked, another thing came up for him to check out. He tried to call me later but I missed the call. The plan is to feed cows when we get back from town. We'll see how all that goes. It's 40* now, expected to get to 60* but sunny and not too much wind.

Wishing all of you a good day and a good week, leading into Christmas.

Hope all goes well, @Old Cowgirl and hope you have a good week leading to Christmas as well!

It's actually cold here today. The cold front made it to us I guess, my 70 degree weather ran away and this morning it was 39.... highs today are in the low 50's. That's South Carolina for ya though...we can have 80 degrees on a Saturday and by Monday evening have 32 degrees and snowflakes. but by Wednesday/Thursday back to 80 to melt the snow. haha! It's a wonder we don't all stay sick around here. According to weather.com, my 70 degree will be back by Christmas Eve. Santa will have his beach wear on to come to my house.
I love playing Santa to my children and to friends. Speaking of which, for a moment this week, we put Christmas on "hold" to celebrate my daughter's birthday (which is this coming Wednesday) and the funniest thing happened on Saturday. (She doesn't think it's funny, but she will in a few days...haha) So.... she loves books, and I found a book I know she would love and bought it and it's wrapped and tucked away to be a Santa gift this weekend. On Saturday, I took her to the mall for some birthday shopping. She got a new sweater for church (she looks so beautiful in it), some new things from her other favorite stores, and she wanted a new book from the book store. At the book store, she found *the* book.... and with tears in her eyes and excited squeals, she said "this one! this one! mom, I have to have it, look!"... and I said "no, not that one, go pick another"...and you'd have thought I ruined her entire night. Cue the tears, she was devastated I said no to that book. And though she knows who Santa is...she couldn't figure out why I said no to that book. To take her mind off it, I let her get 2 new books instead of 1 but she had to pick other books. She was thankful and sweet but clearly disappointed.... I can't wait to see her face when she opens that present on Christmas morning and that book she wants so bad is inside. Makes me feel good that I know my girl well enough to have picked that book out for her weeks ago!

There was a heavy frost during the night. It's sunny this morning and in the low 30s now. Wind chill colder.
it's suppose to be in the 60s by the weekend. I hope so. I still need to plant the poppy seeds.

I've washed clothes this morning and did some studying. I'll be walking in an hour. I have the sniffles today so
I won't be going to the cookie exchange. I'll take the cookies to my neighorhood friend and she can take them.
I hope I'll get cookies I like since I can't choose.

OC, I hope your day goes as planned.

DaysLady, you'll have to give us a report when your daughter finds the book she wanted on Sat.

I hope everyone has a marvelous Monday.

Hello..... today a smallish grey and white beast came and told me it was time to get up..... he was tired of being alone.... he is now napping after a round of ball tossing...... it's 42° outside.... but we will be getting warmer..... today is the only day there are no trips outside planned.... with Thursday being the biggest day of outside errands and appointments.....
DaysLady.... that is a good tale... I do hope you are "forgiven" for not allowing her to get the book when she wanted it.....

kat will you take the dog on your walk? or are you off duty this week since mom is a teacher?
OC hope the truck is ready, the meds are available and the cows enjoy their meal.....

Good Monday to all....

@robinsnest She's already all smiles again and has forgiven me. She will be 13 years old on Wednesday and is all giggles with her friends about "finally being a teenager", and she took a friend with her to church last night and they had so much fun at the youth group party. She's very sweet and doesn't hold onto things, but I know she is going to smile so big when she unwraps that book on Saturday, I'll try to snap a picture of her reaction to share with you all next week. I can't wait to see her face!!

Having a birthday so close to Christmas can be tough sometimes and she handles it with grace and maturity, I'm so proud of her.

I don't take the dog on walks anymore. I took him out behind my ditch over a week ago, but
he's too strong. Last week, I put him on his lease and walked him in his backyard since it was
raining. School vacation starts Dec 23 here. So far, she hasn't told me anything. She left on
her Thanksgiving vacation without telling me she left.

robin, I hope you can stay home today to get one day of rest. How are you feeling after you
busy weekend?

Good Morning,
It was another busy weekend of errands and housework. I'm grateful to be off work Thursday so I can finish prepping for Christmas. I'm relieved that we left the tree up all year, one less thing I had to try to work into our crazy schedule.
It's a rather slow day in the office, all the trainees are currently working independently, so I'm free to work on other stuff, which is why I have time to check in here. We'll go back to nutty after New Years, as we'll be training them all again on more policy types.

Kat - wow, your neighbor sure sounds ungrateful for your help. She's lucky that you care about her dog that you keep helping anyway.
Robin - oh my, that's awfully chilly for you neck of the woods.
Dayslady - sounds like your daughter will be super excited on Christmas morning.
OC - yikes, good luck with your truck.

Wishing you all a terrific Monday!

Hi everyone.

So mad at myself right now. I missed a crucial detail when reading emails from work about our new insurance. Had to attend a Zoom meeting either today or Tuesday at 3:30. What I missed was today's was at 9:00 am. Grrr. Now I have to wait another day when. I was going to do it at the office today since the heavy on graphics zoom meetings tend to freeze at home. Oh, well. Now I'm stuck going in tomorrow afternoon.

OC, I hope your migraine goes away quickly.

DaysLady, I bet your momma heart was breaking when the tears started.

kat, I agree with Amanda. Your neighborhood doesn't seem to appreciate all of the time you spent doing what she should have done for her dog.

robinsnest, enjoy your errand free day.

Amanda, enjoy your slower day at work. They probably come few and far between.

Back