12/25/21 - Donuts and Christmas Day

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ee8e090b861d96ce8d2f7862f684cf82.gif

I hope everyone has a joyous day.

This morning, I'll be doing an outside chore since it's in the 60s. Then I'm going to watch a couple
of movies after lunch today.

When I had Christmas with my family, parents and aunt, we played games. I know this sounds strange,
but I'm going to try and play games by myself this afternoon. Who will win :)

Here's a reminder for the Downtown Abbey and Call the Midwife fans of the specials that
will be on this evening on PBS.

Good morning, and Merry Christmas to all!
The prediction is that we will get "heavy snow" today and tomorrow and then it will stay below freezing until the end of the week. We'll see. I should have shopped yesterday, but kept thinking I might be able to do so this morning. Ha! Oh well, If I can't get out, my daughter will make a run to the store for me.
Wishing you all a very blessed day.

Lil0, I didn't know there were any stores open anywhere today. It's so nice you have your daughter in the area!

Kat, thanks again for the reminder on Downton Abbey. Enjoy your movies and games. I've never been a game player so I don't know how many can be played alone but I remember as kids we'd sometimes try to "beat ol' sol" (solitaire) when there was no one else around to play with us. Many decades later, my husband spent countless hours playing it online.

A quiet day here, another warm one. My "local" tv station, yesterday reported 91*, first time ever recorded to be over 90* in December. I think it will be low to mid-80s* today.

Wishing all of you peace and joy today and always.

OC, all the games I have you need more than one player. So, I'll be playing against myself.
Enjoy watching the movie.

Lil0, I can understand forgetting today is a holiday. It's just another day alone. All week I
kept thinking everyday was Saturday since I only went out on Wednesday.

Same here, KAT...tho I did run out Thursday for a very short time. Hope everyone enjoys the day. I already did the Suduku on line, & one game of Solitaire. For some reason, I can only do jigsaws or a couple others on my laptop. The desktop, even with Windows 10 won't play too many games, just goes dark if I try.

Hmmm, my PBS station will be showing Call the Midwife Holiday special from 2017, but not a word about Downton Abbey. I checked all out local stations, nada.

Poirot, that's strange. The movie and Call The Midwife will be shown on other days. I would check
everyday TV schedule to make sure you don't miss them.

My PBS station is showing movie at 6 Central time and Call the Midwife right after. Call the Midwife
will be on Sunday evening on my station. I get the monthly schedule from them and use their
on line web site.

nOPE, schedule says Wheaton College Chistmas at 6 p.m. , then Still Open At all Hours from 7-8, then Call the Midwife at 8 p.m. (all central time)
Tomorrow Call the Midwife Holiday is on from 6:30-8 p.m.
I already checked Jan 2.......
Interestingly, TV Guide shows a different schedule both days, tho Call the Midwife Holiday is the same.

D.A. is coming on my PBS (KERA) station on Dish at 6:00 central. But the things some of you were talking about last week on PBS were not on my station. They carry different things from one location to another.

My youngest son called just as I was getting ready to eat some lunch. We talked for about an hour. Had not talked in a while. He was sitting in his truck, to find a quiet place, while the rest of his family was inside the house with the wife's family. Then I hurried to eat some leftover soup from my freezer, just in time to answer my daughter's call. She was at her mother-in-law's house, along with her own family and my oldest son and his family. We did Facetime, just long enough for me to speak to everybody, as they were about to eat.

Now I've got to go get a dead mouse out of my car. So far, they haven't built a nest under the hood since I've been parking it under the carport but yesterday there was evidence they'd been in the front seat so I set a trap and caught one last night.

Kat, your games should be interesting. I guess I'll root for you. :wink:

Back