12/27/23 - Donuts and Even More Rain

Wilde Woman

Reaction score
Playing off Poirot's Donuts from yesterday. Gloomy, chilly, rainy, ugly day. When there is a holiday, get more confused as to the day of the week. Here it is, Hump Day already!

Many, many folks are away until January 2, so work is slow, but still managing to find things to do.

Let's all enjoy the day, be it work, play, or a combination of both.

1703690444362.jpeg

Good morning, all. Nice reading how people spent their Christmas. Ours was kind of quiet but a nice one spent with Mike's cousin and our good buddy. I'll have to call my parents todays it is their 56th wedding anniversary. Hard to believe that they met in August and married in December......4 months after meeting and still going strong.

We continue to have amazing weather, very sunny and while forecasters were calling for a brown Christmas, we ended up getting enough of a snowfall to blanket the ground. Yesterday was 7*C (44.6*F) and today will be around 4*C (39.28F). Our normal daily high typically range from -4*C to -8*C (24.8*F to 17.6*F) so I'm not complaining but the skiers are. The snow in the mountains for skiing has not been the greatest this year.

I'm working today but it is a bump the mouse day. I'll go to drop in Vball tonight as league is off until next week, a vball tournament on Friday which should be fun as it is 3 person, Saturday we are doing our neighbourhood christmas drink tour.....this is where we show up at all the neighbours that we are friends with and invite ourselves in for a visit and Christmas drink. It's a lot of fun and have had others join us on our tour. and ends up at someone's house for the rest of the evening. Sunday is NYE and we'll be going to a friends place for dinner, karoake and games.

For those interested in Hockey, the World Juniors is on and always good hockey. Have a great day and week everyone.

It's another dreary here. High in the 30s today. No sun until Saturday.

My neighbor's got confused with the holiday and the day of the week. Monday is trash day and it was changed to
Tuesday because of the holiday. I put my can of needles out before 4 on Monday. I hoped that would be helpful. Only
my neighbor next door got his trash out at my end of the street. Two houses have overflowing trash cans. Oh well.

Muzzaman, I hope you get some rest during your busy week. Have fun.

Wilde Woman, the view of the lake is lovely.

I hope everyone has a good afternoon.

Well it's been raining here most of the day as well. Looks like the ever so slightest bit of sunlight is peeking out as I look out the window at the neighbor's tree next door. After a very busy month leading up to the holidays (musicians in December!), I've basically camped out on the couch the past day and a half. Binged all 20 episodes of the animated series Star Trek: Prodigy that dropped on Netflix Christmas Day. Glad to see that it got picked up after Paramount+ canceled it, and that the second season will be released in a few months.

Checking in from New Mexico....... I"m so tired of sitting in a car...... and I only have 8 more hours to go!!!!! CBS replayed the Dick Van Dyke birthday celebration last night..... I fell asleep really early on.....Oh well, I did see it so all was good.....
My sister is finished cooking.... Christmas Eve, Christmas, Hanukkah, 3 huge meals in a row..... they do Haunkkah after Christmas because the kids come home for Christmas...... I used to stay for it but it became more work for her so now I leave.....

One more day then I'm home again......

Back