12/31/21 - Donuts & an Arctic visit

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good morning, on this very last day of the year. Was so surprised this a.m. to see the temp was 23* at 6 a.m., But this is the last hurrah as that nasty frigid front comes down from the far north, dropping the temps all day, bringing snow this afternoon, & ruining some folks' plans for this evening with a plunge to 16-20 below zero expected. Dropped 2 degrees the past hour, as is now 21, lol. As you can guess, am staying in, stayin' home, will probably be tucked away in bed when the clock strikes in 2022. Looks like celebrations around the country will be broadcast on TV, Turner Classics is running The Thin Man movies, Hallmark doing reruns, but am sure there is something for everyone. Have a wonderful & safe day my friends, Enjoy.

Wacky Weather in Wichita too.... 59° will be the high and then plunging, Saturday will be an amazing 23° The BEAST slept through the night last night so it wasn't bad this morning when we went out. Tomorrow will be a different story and we have a Wrestling Match to attend to watch grandson wrestle, his first match and I asked and was told we could NOT cheer him on....
We too will be in/on bed when 2022 rings in....but most likely watching TV.... it's a hotel not a lot of seating choices.....

Have a great day all.....

It's cloudy, windy and in the 60s. Rain starts sometime this evening. Tomorrow rain when I shop. The temps
are to start dropping tomorrow afternoon.

This morning I cooked rice in the crockpot. It didn't take as long as they said it would. I'm glad I was inside
watching it. I put in cans of Chinese veggies and turkey. I had some for lunch and froze two containers. I still
have turkey I need to eat or freeze.

Then I went outside for awhile. Someone gave me some poppy seeds and this was the best time to put them out.
I uncovered mulch and dropped seeds in. Hopefully, I'll have some flowers next year. I'm going out soon to rake
more needles in my yard. I'll have to feed the birds too. I'm watching a movie this evening and go to bed at my
regular time.

Poirot, I hope you have enough supplies to last awhile.

robin, enjoy the wrestling match tomorrow and try to stay warm.

OC, good luck feeding the cows.

Wishing everyone a happy New Year.

Happy New Year to everyone

I spent my morning running errands as we desperately needed groceries and other household things. Also catching up on laundry today.

Pizza and Ginger ale for dinner as always for us on NYE!

Our cold front is supposed to move in tomorrow evening

Back