12/5/2023 - Donuts and a Late Start

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
Good morning. I didn't wake up until 8:30 this morning (except for an earlier bathroom call). I guess I wore myself out yesterday. My niece and I went to town to get my pickup truck out of the shop, then I visited Walmart and United, after we ate at a local cafe. We had parted ways after getting the truck so I spent a long time in Walmart, though didn't buy much. My niece is always in a hurry to get home and get things done and I like to take my time and browse, since Walmart is almost the only place I ever go and I don't have anything pressing to get home for anyway. W-M was more crowded than usual but even so, ours is nothing like the ones in bigger cities--in numbers of shoppers or weirdness.

I made French toast for myself this morning. Had been thinking about it for a while. I usually don't keep bread in the house so yesterday I bought a loaf of sourdough bread from the bakery in United. It was good. The weather was great yesterday and will be today too except for a bit more of a breeze. The wind will increase as the week goes on but the sun will shine.

Wishing all of you the best day you can have in whatever your weather or circumstances may be.

Good morning.....
Beast has gone to Day care, I have an appointment with the pharmacy for my RSV shot... so far it's been a challenge. The pharmacy was closed Saturday thru Monday.... who closes a pharmacy for 3 days????
I was able to get my holiday cards addressed and stamped. I thought I had 40 Santa Stamps.... alas I only had 19 meaning I was short of Holiday stamps..... but rather than wait till I could go to the post office today I used regular stamps.....okay so they were Bugs Bunny stamps so they were different...... They will go to the post office today.....
After the shot, I'll need to finish baking and vacuum the house.... provided I can get to it.... it's been blocked by holiday joy.

OC, I'm glad you were able to take your time at WalMart.... sometimes it's just walking and looking to make a day.....

RedSquirrel I hope you are feeling better......

Poirot I hope you got some sleep last night.....

Good Tuesday.....

Note: I started this post earlier. Then half of it disappeared so this will be a shorter version.

Hi everybody! I'm sorry I caused so much concern for everyone with my absence. I do appreciate all of the prayers that went up on my behalf.

As Poirot posted, I'm at about 90%. Back at work since most of my PTO is used up.
I'm playing IT person today, and getting coworkers in my building and sites around the state into the state database. Some government IT person thought updating the state servers at the beginning of the month was a good idea. Then screwed up how people can access the dang database we use. They forgot that they're dealing with some folks who have trouble opening their emails. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

OC - I'm glad you were able to have a leisurely browse through Walmart. The ones near me all fall in the category of "People of Walmart" weirdness. I try to go their as little as possible.

WW - snow is coming your way. It has been snowing here since this morning.

robinsnest - good luck with your shot. Hopefully there won't be any side effects. I enjoyed the pictures of Vinnie with Santa ... too cute!

A sunny day here close to 50. I'm staying in this afternoon. I have housework I need to do.

rs, glad to see you post today. I'm glad you're able to work. Sorry to hear IT made a mess again
with computers.

OC, I hope you got plenty of rest sleeping late this morning.

robin, I hope you do well with the RSV shot.

Wilde Woman, enjoy the nice weather while you can.

I hope everyone has a good afternoon.

OMG..... short story.... I have the shot..... I'll be out most of tomorrow most likely.... fatigue and body aches are a common side effect.... and since I had RSV last year, I might react even stronger this time....
Longer story.... this free standing CVS doesn't have a Pharmacist. The guy they have today could only work 9-12 because he has his own store to work in.... No one was there yesterday..... my shot was at noon, I was early to fill out the paper work, people were showing up to get their medications and the shelves were filled....On lady's medication was ready but the stuff her doctor called in wasn't prepared and he didn't think he could get to it today.... she needed to start it yesterday..... What a disaster for these people.....

RS good to see you able to get online..... again....

Robin, I hope you're pleasantly surprised with fewer side effects this time, rather than more. I feel for those people who depend on the struggling pharmacy. Some of them may not be able to go to other locations.

Kat, I hope you are more successful in getting housework done than I am. I have no doubt that you will be.

Squirrel, I'm so happy to see you back here! I bet the people at work are happy to see you too, since it seems things pretty much start falling to pieces when you aren't there. Those "people of Wal-Mart" pictures are entertaining but I don't know if I could stand to shop in a place filled with such sights. Some of them are more disgusting than entertaining.

Wilde Woman, adorable picture! Those temperature fluctuations are what we have throughout the winter, here in my part of Texas. The wind that comes with the changes--north and south, back and forth--is what gets to me. I've come to think it's what's responsible for a lot of my headaches.

Back