1950 census released. Days co-creator Irna Phillips found first

Jason47

Reaction score
FIRST "DAYS" PERSON SPOTTED IN 1950 CENSUS...

The 1950 census was released to the public yesterday. It's too early to easily search names (it will take awhile for the names to be correctly typed in by humans to make it easier to search), but in the meantime, early results have found "Days" co-creator Irna Phillips. If you search and find any "Days" actors or crew in the coming months, let me know! Here's Irna living with her family in Chicago. Her job in 1950 is listed as author for an advertising agency.

5e5fb3a2ce0c2929e693a401e1c8b986ed987000.jpg

1950 CENSUS: TED & BETTY CORDAY...

With the 1950 census released to the public yesterday, here's a look at "Days" legends Ted & Betty Corday living with their son Christopher in New York. With the census being done in April 1950, "Days" executive producer Ken Corday (who was born in June 1950) just missed out on being included in the census.

a24b562097309cf4be18e39e86026513d0174f7d.jpg

Thanks, Jason.........I have done a lot of geneaology for my family, so this is interesting. Days had not even begun yet, so, many of the actors were not yet even acting. Love this.

Hopefully the staff at Ancestry and other websites will start typing up the names of all the pages and perhaps within the next year or so, we'll be able to do a good search-by-name. A quick check of Peggy McCay, Joe Mascolo, Macdonald Carey has produced no results so far, but that's because the census website used AI technology to scan the pages, so there are many mistakes and searching-by-name doesn't come up with the correct results, although it did with the Cordays and Irna Phillips.

Back