1977: Sharon tells Julie she loves her

Jason47

Reaction score
From the vault: Sharon gets ready to tell Julie she loves her:

In celebration of Susan Seaforth Hayes' upcoming 50th anniversary of playing Julie in December, here's a look back at Episode # 2903, which aired May 20, 1977. In this episode, Sharon calls Julie and asks her to go antique shopping. The shopping trip leads up to Sharon confessing her love to Julie, which will be posted in an upcoming installment.

JULIE (brightly): Hello, Sharon, how are you?
SHARON: Fine. I was hoping you'd drive out to the country with me today. I've discovered a wonderful place jammed with antiques.
JULIE: Sounds tempting.
SHARON: Then say "yes."
JULIE: Yes.
SHARON: When can you get away?
JULIE: Right now. I'll pick you up.
SHARON: Great. See you in a little while.
JULIE: Yes. Goodbye.

To read more, visit http://www.jason47.com/days/Susan50th.html

I seem to remember they put the kibosh on this quickly and it never really went anywhere, correct? Sharon was a married woman, who was friends with Julie (if I'm remembering the right woman).

I seem to remember they put the kibosh on this quickly and it never really went anywhere, correct? Sharon was a married woman, who was friends with Julie (if I'm remembering the right woman).

Sharon last airs on June 6, 1977, so this is the wrap-up to her storyline. Since I'll be posting more of this story in installments, I don't want to "spoil" what exactly happens, but something significant happens right after she tells Julie she loves her.

From the vault: Sharon gets ready to tell Julie she loves her.

44767703_1275031032639168_6770133283414999040_n.jpg

In celebration of Susan Seaforth Hayes' upcoming 50th anniversary of playing Julie in December, here's a look back at Episode # 2903, which aired May 20, 1977. In this episode, Sharon asks Julie up to her bedroom. In the next installment posting soon, Sharon confesses her love for Julie.

ACT SIX: FADE IN: INT. DUVAL LIBRARY

(JULIE AND SHARON ENTER THE LIBRARY CARRYING A SMALL ANTIQUE WASH STAND)

SHARON: Let's just set it here.

(THEY PUT IT NEAR THE DOOR)

JULIE: I'll get the rest of the things.
SHARON: Okay, I think there's just the clock left.

(JULIE EXITS. SHARON CROSSES TO A TABLE, SORTS OUT SOME PACKAGES. JULIE RETURNS CARRYING A CLOCK. SHE SETS IT DOWN)

JULIE: The thing is small, but heavy.
SHARON (feeling dumb): You know I didn't even check to see if it would run.
JULIE: Swell.
SHARON: Anyone, it looks interesting.
JULIE: I have the feeling that Doug will say that about some of things I bought..."very interesting"...

(THEY LAUGH)

SHARON: It was fun though, wasn't it?
JULIE: I love to shop and all that stuff stowed in the trunk of my car proves it.
SHARON: I think you got some beautiful things.
JULIE: I do, too. I can't wait to show Doug. 'Course he'll probably hate everything.

(SHARON CROSSES TO THE LIQUOR CABINET)

SHARON: How about a drink?
JULIE: I really should be going. I'm beat. But, maybe a Sherry would perk me up.
SHARON: Good.

COMING SOON:
tumblr_ph64mhZ9qk1ugufglo1_400.jpg

FROM THE VAULT: SHARON TELLS JULIE SHE LOVES HER.

46165593_1288229714652633_7145093673636593664_n.jpg

In celebration of Susan Seaforth Hayes' upcoming 50th anniversary of playing Julie in December, here's a look back at Episode # 2904, which aired May 23, 1977. In this episode, Sharon confesses her love for Julie. In the next installment posting soon, Julie gets burned while cooking.

ACT THREE: INT. SHARON'S BEDROOM
(SHARON AND JULIE ARE STANDING BACK TO GET PERSPECTIVE ON THE SMALL, ANTIQUE WASHSTAND THEY'VE PUT IN PLACE)

JULIE: I like it there, do you?
SHARON: Yes. You picked the perfect spot for it!
JULIE (slaps her hands): Another job well done!
SHARON: You really have a marvelous eye for detail, Julie.
JULIE: Thank you. Now I have to run to what I laughingly refer to as 'home.'
SHARON: Must you?
JULIE: Doug's expecting me...
SHARON: Stay awhile longer. Just until we finish our sherry.
JULIE: Okay, and then I've really got to go.

ACT FOUR: FADE IN: INT. SHARON'S BEDROOM
(FOLLOWING. THE WOMEN SIP THEIR SHERRY. SHARON EYEING JULIE AS JULIE WALKS ABOUT ADMIRING THE ROOM)

JULIE: I love this big house of yours! I love everything about it! This room is what I've always dreamed of for a room of my own. And the bed is the absolute, positive, ultimate bed!

(SHARON GOES TO JULIE, TAKES HER HAND, SMILES AND PLUNKS HER DOWN ON THE BED)

SHARON: Take it! It's yours!

(JULIE, VERY GIRLISH, BOUNCES ON THE BED, LAUGHING)

Back