2-11-2016 - Donuts & Traveling Songs

Noel

Reaction score
At this absurdly early morning hour I am driving to Tucson AZ for a conference. The same nurse who called in 'sick' last time she was scheduled for a conference managed to parlay the same today. Wonder when management will catch on? Ah, well, they can always call me last minute per my family. Anyway the schedule is jammed packed including a cocktail party and dinner.

The low temperature this morning on my patio was 68. Hilarious -- most of you dream of that temperature for your high today. We continue to set record breaking highs this week and the forecast indicates we may reach 90F this Sunday. Robin, get ready to sun bathe.

Wishing each of you a great Thursday. Be wise, be safe and be joyful.

Good morning all. Cannot get over how much lighter it is.....As Lil0 says...February is great........well, except for the temps. Yep, it is 12 below here, 20 below in town, so Noel........sure would love that 68.........LOL. Just wish I wasn't waking up so early, 4:30 or 5:30. I stay in bed, trying to go back to sleep, with no luck.
Hmmm, I guess dinner, cocktail party.....not too bad. At least you are getting a break away from all those double shifts, Noel.
Bookwork today, and realized I have to get tax stuff in for the business. Forgot that is due a month earlier than personal. Take care everyone. Have a good day........wishing everyone decent weather.

Noel, here are a couple of good traveling songs for you:
"Leaving Las Vegas" -- Cheryl Crowe
"Put Your Lights On" -- Everlast (nursing-related :))

Have a great time at the conference! Really rub in the fun you had when you report back to the nurse that chickened out (again.) :drunk: :drunk::drunk:

And, remember, "Driving is serious business!" -- John Milner, American Graffiti. The latter advice also applies to the rest of you; have a good one! :)

Good morning. It is showdown time here today. The husband is being released from the hospital. I will bring him home and see if he is strong enough for us to continue managing his needs here at home. Youngest son is coming to spend a couple of days while we see how it goes. I'm grateful for that.

All of you have a safe and good day, enjoying or making the best of your weather, however it applies. It was 54* when I got up, now is at 45*. Our main event these days is wind, wind, and more wind.

Good morning to you all. My apologies for being distant, I have had way too much real life going on.

23° now with a high of 45°. Tomorrow it may be snow.

I can not function in the cold. I have not gone to an appt since December just to avoid going out in the cold.

I shop online through Amazon Pantry (if you not know about it, try it) or use Harris Teeter's (grocery store) online shopping where you just pull up and they bring it out to you for a charge of like four bucks or you have the option to pay for a year and then just shop for as much or little as you like with no extra charge. I will buy the year when I get some moola.

They save your last six months of store purchases plus give you access to the store flyer and online only specials. It is great because it keeps me from being a wandering shopper, just filling up my cart and then getting home and finding I already have something.

So my birthday party last weekend was fun. We played games and had drinks & food. Yesterday (my actual birthday) was great. I got a $230 trip to the spa. The pedicure itself was $120 with all kinds of fancy stuff going on including a thirty minute leg/foot massage but the total experience was like an hour and a half, in this fancy room with soft music, low lighting, fish tank, warm fur blankets, good massage chairs but no phones allowed for ultimate relaxation. Then I had an hour full body Swedish massage, eyebrow wax and gel nail color. Wish I could do that more often lol. That was my gift from my daughters.

I hope the sun shines for you all today. Tomorrow might be snow, so whoa!

Good day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning everyone,

Was snowing when I woke up earlier, but now the sun is coming out. We only got a light dusting, but it'll probably stay because it's only 30F and windy outside. Went to the gym this morning and have school and work later--it's pay day, so I'm happy about that!

YPG, your birthday party sounds nice!

Enjoy that weather, Noel. I'd trade you if I could!

Bundle up, RS and Poirot.

Have a nice day, all.

Be safe Noel. The road to Tucson is a narrow one. And I will enjoy this weekend, however actual sun bathing, no. But being outside enjoying the temps, yes.

OC, good luck today with the trip home, and that "normal" may be changing. That isn't always easy to accept and then continue on to love the new "normal".

YPG, I'm glad your birthday was a hit. I love Amazon and do shopping for canned goods with them.

I was in Minneapolis years ago for Christmas. My Mother in law went shopping. At the register they gave her a plastic number. We dashed to the car without groceries, which was odd, she just filled a basket and a half. Then we drove around to a covered enclosed area and the "bag boys/girls" loaded the car with the groceries. It was so strange. But then I'm a transplanted Californian, so snow and actual weather beyond rain is foreign.

Have a great Thursday.

Morning Everyone,

YPG- that's one fabulous birthday gift.

Noel- safe travels.

RS - enjoy your snow.

Robin & JS - not all, but most grocery stores in my area offer "parcel pick-up" of your groceries, I rarely use it, but will when the weather is horrible (torrential rain or blizzards). It saves me from getting soaked and saves the poor store employees from having to retrieve the carts from the parking lot.

Gena has developed an ear infection, and I managed to catch the cold she's just getting over. Although somehow I think she will be better before I am since she can take an antibiotic, and that doesn't work for colds. Seems she always gets sick right before or on her birthday. Does anyone know if there's snow in the forecast for Monday? We usually seem to have a snowstorm on her birthday too (which is Monday). :rolleyes:

Have a wonderful day everyone.

A sunny, cool morning today.

rs, I'm glad you got your snow.

manda, you need to check the forecast for that white stuff. It was in my
forecast for Sunday, but now it's gone.

YPG, I'm glad you had a great birthday and spa day. Sounds wonderful.

Noel, enjoy the conference.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Good afternoon. I'm having a hard time worrying about my niece, but she is supposed to be released from the hospital today. I had to go back and read your posts from the last two days two more times before my brain would accept what my eyes were seeing. My mind was somewhere else.

It's a lovely day, high of 71*, so I've been outside enjoying the blue sky.

Take care!

Noel - enjoy your conference and I will take that 68 low you were talking about - LOL

RS - glad you got the snow and not us - especially since you love it.

Poirot and Manda - you can also keep your weather. Sorry about snow on Gena's birthday though.

OC - good luck bringing home the hubby. I will pray everything goes good.

YPG - sounds like you had a great party and nice birthday gift.

It's really foggy here today but no wind, rain, or snow so I will take it.

Shannon

What an absolutely fabulous birthday celebration for YPG....don't think I have ever been that fortunate.
Hoping all has gone well for O.C. and hubby's return home.
Gonna have to call my cousin in San Diego area as she has been posting weather things from AZ the past couple of days, and am wondering if she moved? Today she posted this.....and it is so beautiful, I know Noel & Robin would say they have probably seen it...(It is a TV weatherman's pic)
12654359_10154013068109015_2504365501810150906_n.png

We truly are into a deep freeze here, going down to double digit below zero temps. The worst is yet to come....so am glad the blower motor on furnace that hubby just finally got put in is working. Yayyyy. Am amazed Muzza, up there in Canada, is missing all this, when it seems to drift down from somewhere up there. LOL

A beautiful photo! At first glance, those things on the horizon looked like coyotes. Speaking of which, a couple of nights ago (2:39am,) I heard what sounded like a small animal screaming outside my window. I suspect that an owl, or possibly a coyote, got ahold of a rabbit. Not a fun sound!

I'm glad that your furnace is working again. Putting off replacing mine. I remember when furnaces had only two moving parts (gas valve and blower/motor,) and no computers. :love: It's not likely I'll be able to find a new one of those. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back