2/12/24 - Donuts and Wintry Mixes

Wilde Woman

Reaction score
Nice way to start the week with sunny skies, though colder at 42 degrees. We are due for a wintry mix tomorrow which will bring various messes to my area and surrounding boroughs and nearby states. Guess I can't be surprised, as it still is Winter until March 19th.

I find myself with absolutely nothing of note to say, so please excuse this very boring post. Just wanted to get things started.

Though I CAN mention that the pigeons were holding another love-in yesterday. There had to be at least six of them. I wish they would take their fraternizing somewhere else!

Everyone enjoy the day!

1707755195760.jpeg

The winter warning was a dud, I woke up this morning and nothing outside. An hour north from me they
had snow.

I went to church instead of going to Newcomers today. I wanted to make sure the church was ready
for Ash Wednesday and the weather guessers might be wrong with tonight's forecast. It snowed
on my way home. Then it disappeared.

I'm suppose to go to circle tonight. Unsure yet if we're meeting tonight or tomorrow night.

Wilde Woman, enjoy the sunshine while not looking at the pigeons.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Dreary day again. I'm not a big fan of summer, but I'd like to see the sun sometimes. Some snow in the forecast for tonight. My county is officially not supposed to be part of it, it's staying north. That's what the weather people say, but they're rarely right. Before I retired from teaching, I didn't mind a snow day or two. Now that I'm old, not a fan. And don't get me started about not having any snow for a couple of weeks but it decides to snow on the day I have another out of town doc appointment. It's to see a "neurotologist" about an ear condition I've been experiencing off and on for years. So, if I have to postpone that one, I won't stress about it (much).

Hope y'all have a great day!

Good afternoon..... well, we've had some excitement here last night....
I went to take the beast potty and go to bed... it was late as the Super Bowl went long, then there was Tracker we wanted to watch and there was no way to DVR it as it wasn't listed in the time frame because said football game ran long..... anyway... we head outside it's 1:30ish... and there are people screaming in anger at each other.... that's not normal... I bring the now drained beast inside and walk out front where I can see the woman at the garage door screaming at a guy.... HB is with me.... he said this isn't good, so he calls 911 the police arrive and they want to talk to us, why we have no idea, I took my dog potty heard them screaming know because I'm not stupid that Super Bowl Sunday is a day for domestic violence upticks.... but I don't know my neighbors.... so at 3 the police reknock on our doors, thank you for identifying the persons who called it in... and tell us the situation has been resolved.....
By then it was time for his late night walk we went it was quiet and he slept without waking me till 8... sigh...

WW I wonder if there is a lucrative market in pigeon activity on the web.... you could live stream for big bucks if so......

Good Monday to all.....

Rain again here. Nothing new. I'm reading a Sue Grafton book and chuckling about the amount of page space she is giving to discussing and describing the rain fall. [Her stories take place in the Santa Barbara area]. The characters are talking about how their plans for the day change due to the rain. LOL. And they use umbrellas. How cute is that! If those of us in the Pacific Northwest gave that amount of power to rainfall we would never get anything done.

Sunny and windy here..... might drop down to th30s tonight

WW I wonder if there is a lucrative market in pigeon activity on the web.... you could live stream for big bucks if so......

Good Monday to all.....
Robin: There is a lid for every pot, right? I could call it: Avian Adventures. Or, Pigeons Go Wild. Maybe, Pigeons Getting Down. I do need a side hustle, after all:rotfl:

robin, I hope your neighbors won't be bothering you since you called the police.

nameless, I hope you'll be able to get your appointment.

rf, I hope you'll stay warm with the cold snap.

I almost started the thread this morning but as you can see, I'm getting here a little late for that. I worked on my taxes some. I hope I got the hardest part resolved. I have a particular area of expenses that I always have trouble sorting out. You wouldn't believe if I told you how some rural people do their billing. But in all fairness, it would help if I'd do more detailed explanations on them each month, which I'm trying to do this time around.

Then I went outside to take a walk and got hung up on some animal tracks in front of the yard where there is still a damp area from the rain we had night before last. At first they looked like horse tracks, which I couldn't explain. I finally decided on hog tracks but there's still something about them that don't fit right with that either. For one thing, the size looks like Hogzilla!

Wilde Woman and Robin, thanks for giving me a late night laugh about the pigeons! Now it's off to bed I go.....

Back