2-17-2016 - Donuts & Heat

Noel

Reaction score
Good morning friends. Today it is going to be 90-92F with full sun, cloudless sky and desert critters thriving. In the middle of February - oh joy. NOT.

Hoping each of you are safe, warm and ready to make this Wednesday a great day!

Oh, Noel........it is 10 below zero here! LOLOL What a vast difference in temps, huh? We got plowed late yesterday, but my son did take me out to vote a bit earlier, And it was supposed to be a low of 1 above. Wonder what happened.
Gotta do some laundry today, and ...nope, never got to the taxes, woe is me. Guess my middle name is now procrastination. LOL

But........the sun is showing, despite how cold it is.

Good morning, Noel and others to join. Going to be another nice day here with temperatures to be 8*C (46.4*F) today and warmer tomorrow. Quite a different story in eastern Canada and NE U.S. though. I received a request for support from Ottawa and Montreal yesterday as their offices were closing down for the day due to the storm. Hope everyone stays warm.

Busy week training and looking at a few houses tonight. Our listing with the new realtor went up last week Friday and looks SO much better than the last listing, the description reads better and anyone wanting to move to Calgary, I'd be more than happy to share the link! I think our home is just waiting for another person's personal touch!! :wink:

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning. Muzz, maybe the new listing will get results soon....hoping!

Poirot, good for your son, taking you to vote!

Noel, I can't imagine anyone wanting to go where it is cold, but then I've never lived in the desert. My area is on the edge of the rolling plains on one side, and the cross timbers of east Texas on the other side, so we get some variety here.

We're to reach 77* today, getting into fire danger times, tomorrow 80s* with gusty winds. My niece will be over in a while to go feed with me. Hope we see piggy today. He didn't show up when my son went to feed with her last week. I'd better get dressed. Have a good day, everyone.

Egads! Fire danger in February! I'm enjoying our early Spring, but I realize this doesn't bode well for what a lot of us will deal with this Summer.
We had a beautiful day in the high 50s yesterday --- lots of little shrubs budding. I've started a lot of veggie seeds in indoor pots, hoping to set them out in about a month.

Wishing you all a comfortable day -- not too hot, not too cold. :)

Morning Everyone,

Barb - our weather man said that the cold snap is an unexpected weather pattern, although currently it's a bit warmer here (I think we were at 29* this morning), but the temps are expected to drop as the day goes on.

Got into work to find a nice surprise, my company bought donuts and fresh fruit for the entire office today as a thank you for having such a great year last year.

Muzz - best of luck selling your condo
Noel - stay cool in that heat
OC - how scary, fire warning already.
Lil0 - Enjoy your beautiful weather.

Have a great day everyone!

Morning. Last night as I left the bonsai meeting after 8:00, (yes, I was sneaking out a bit early), I was still carrying my sweatshirt. Apparently I live in Salem!!! Got home, made a light meatloaf sandwich and then watched part of the dog show. Mr. Gus loves barking at the dogs. Doesn't bother him they don't bark back :) I checked the "Guide" and saw it went till midnight so cheated and went to the web to see who won.

I love the local weather guessers; 50% of them say that this early spring is NOT a harbinger of a hotter summer. And 50% of them say to be prepared we will be having a hot summer. And then a couple say it's too early to tell and El Nino is still strong so we will be wetter than average in March. Okay so you really don't know.

I really don't want to start with the A/C in February. June through September is expensive enough.

Happy Wednesday.

Robin, surely you don't usually get by until June without the a/c, do you? I turn ours on months earlier than that.

Lil0, spring is such a happy time for those who love gardening. Enjoy your nice days!

Manda, how nice for the company to express appreciation for the hard work. I bet you and the others earned it!

J.S., tulips would be a welcome, cheery sight! Bushes here often bloom early, then get bitten back.

My niece and I had a good time feeding. We both got tired. It sure does help to have two people though, even if the work is now double. We got a hole in the cube feeder cart tire so now I will need to deal with that before time to feed again on Saturday.

Truth is, winter is ordinarily a very dry season for us, so some of the worst wildfires do occur this time of year. We got a little spoiled this year, in that El Nino brought us unusual amounts of rain all the way into the first part of winter.

I just shared a notice on Facebook that rattlesnakes are coming out early this year, due to the unseasonably warm temperatures. My comment is that I am so not ready for this!

Noel - 90-92, oh please jump in the pool for me and just float for awhile! Sounds so good! I think of all the evenings last summer we got home and that was my intention. Just jump in pool. Other things came first and summer was gone!

Poirot - so glad you got plowed out. How is the furnace running with all your cold?

Muzza - enjoy training and good luck with your new listing!

Lilo - I'm so anxious to plant my seeds but have to wait another couple weeks here! I do have lilies popping out of the dirt though!

Amanda - nice surprise! Just the thought of appreciation is nice.

Overcast today and not as warm but I will take it over snow and bitter cold. Stay warm those of you in the cold and I hope RS is okay?

Shannon

Generally in May we still cool down enough at night that the whole house fan turned on when we go to bed generally cools the house down and it is habitable. We may turn on the A/C in late afternoon, but by mid-June we are 24/7 with the A/C.

If we have out of state guests who aren't used to the heat, we do keep them comfortable.

Shan, I can't speak for Noel's pool, but mine is at 60 degrees now. Not quite warm enough to do anything but turn blue.

Another nice day here. I plan to work outside tomorrow and Friday.
The fire weather watch starts here tomorrow.

Today was my first day learning mahjong. It's Wed 10 to 12. So I'll
be having my noon meal later than usual.

Muzzaman, I hope your place will sell now with a new realtor.

rs, I hope you're doing well.

I hope everyone will enjoy the rest of their day.

Hello everyone. It's been a nice, sunny day. Not quite as warm as yesterday, but in the 60*s. Tomorrow I have a meeting with/for my mother at the nursing home for her discharge assessment. Hopefully she will get to go home. She has been off the blood thinners for a while now. The only drama today was Remmy catching a mouse and not wanting me to dispose of it once she was "done" with it, lol.

Take care folks!

Good evening all,

Was mostly cloudy and breezy today, and about 40F or so. Much of the sleet/snow from the other day is gone, again just leaving big gray piles of ice on the side of the road. I went to Core Synergy for the first time in weeks tonight. After my first class (which usually ends a bit early), I only had a brief meeting with my teacher for the research writing class for a project (class is canceled today and Monday for such meetings). I'd better get to sleep--gonna try to do boot camp tonight.

Muzzy, good luck with the apartment!

Have a nice night everyone.

The Weather Channel is saying that March, April, & May will bring warmer than normal temps to the upper two thirds of the country, while the south will have cooler than normal. Remember the word normal. LOL. They also say that Spring brings ups and downs periods, and remember that as well. LOL

Back