2/26/16 - Donuts and here comes the sun..

Wayne

WebHamster
Reaction score
Ok, ok.. I'm up. I've no idea what I'm doing awake at this hour, or more importantly, why on Earth I'm awake at this hour, but here I am.. :)

Perhaps I'm awake to usher in the idea of Friday. The last ceremonial day of the work week. Perhaps it's just because I have a creepy cat who stared at me all night. Just the same...

Weather here is supposed to be about 39 degrees but overcast. I can deal with cold, but I need my Vitamin D sunlight recharge, lest I become a geeky little vampire.. :)

Have a wonderful Friday one and all. I wish each of you well, and a long weekend.

Wayne

LOL, same for me.......awake at 5:45, usually I just stay in bed, try to catch perhaps another 1/2 hr. of shuteye, never works, though. LOL. So, up I am, no critters staring at me, but the arm is still sore, and red around the injection site, and even itches a bit.
17 above...to perhaps reach 30.....the sun came out yesterday for the morning, and an hour or two in the afternoon before giving way to clouds, (wasn't supposed to happen, so, one never knows, Wayne. LOL Sun hasn't risen yet, just getting a tiny bit lighter out. But hey, a year ago, our high was 9 above, with the low 24 below zero.....so will not complain now at all.
Just TGIF........and hoping everyone not feeling well is a bit better today, just keep resting, tea, toast, and don't forget the magic chicken soup! LOL

@Poirot - I do hope you get to feeling better.

I'm just "making 8" here, waiting on 3:30 so I can go home. Like most of my life I spend 5 days waiting for the weekend, then the next 2 days sitting on the couch going "now what?"

I guess I really need to start making a to-do list and sticking to it, but that sounds a little too much like organized labor, so, couch it is.. :)

Wayne

Now here is something really weird. I have 2 browsers, Firefox and Chrome. I used mostly Firefox, which was always slower, so have been using Chrome more and more frequently, until I use it nearly all the time.
Now this board appeared slightly different in Firefox than it did in Chrome. Mostly it was the headings at the top. And while Chrome would show both unread conversations & how many alerts.....Firefox would only show alerts. Well, yesterday, suddenly, they are both exactly the same! (I have Windows XP). Now over on my laptop, with Windows 7, Chrome is still appearing with all the headings across the top, but here on the desktop, Just 2 things up there. My Personal name w/pulldown menu on the right...and the word Menu on the left. it slides over to reveal some choices. Totally weird. Now this is how Firefox always looked, but I preferred the Chrome listings across the page. And I have no idea why this suddenly changed, as I did nothing to my computer. Oh, yes, by the way....I know Microsoft no longer supports XP....and for the past couple of weeks, Chrome has a message across the top, that it will "soon" no longer support Chrome updates for "this computer".

I can't speak to what might have changed on your computer, but the "no longer supported" message is because Chrome (and everyone else) is finally ending their support for XP, which is now about 8 years out of date.

As for the different displays, again, it's down to your low screen resolution fooling the system into thinking you're on a tablet and not a full computer. Most computers now run at 1920 x 1080 resolution (the same as HDTV) whereas you're still running 1024 x 768 which is the same resolution as a low-res Android tablet.. In short, the system thinks you're using a mobile device like a cell phone and not a full machine...

I still wish I could send you a new machine, but I understand your concerns about upgrading your operating system.

Wayne

(Boy, did I kill this daily thread, or what?.... Where is everyone?)

Good Morning,

I was up at 4 the first time and went back to bed until 5.

I use my early mornings to catch up on Days. I'm about a week behind right now, but I need to catch up fast as we may be getting a new DVR box and will lose all of our recordings if we do. It won't affect me much other than having to recreate all the series record schedules, but my poor Gena will lose all her favorite movies and TV programs that are recorded. Some are rarely on TV anymore, and 1 we won't be able to get at all, as we no longer have PBS Kids.

However we have first generation UVerse equipment and lately the systems keep pausing TV programs every 5 or 10 minutes for about 2 minutes and then skip everything you missed to bring you to live TV. Most of the time I don't care, but I do when I'm watching NCIS. Two minutes during that show can make a big difference.

Barb - that is weird about your browsers.

Wayne, try not to work too hard. :)

Have a wonderful day and weekend.

Morning all. Had a VERY rough night trying to get to sleep last night. Not because I wasn't tired or that I was too sore. No, it was Mr. Gus, who got under the bed and wouldn't get out. Normally he will go there to get a toy that rolled under but not stay. Last night he stayed and scratched the carpet till almost midnight. I leaned over the bed and tried to snap a picture of him. All I got were these evil red eyes and dust bunnies. I called him, I begged him, but his doggie mind was made up. Whatever was under the bed had to be dug up and destroyed. All appears well this morning.

Per our weather man, the news Noel really didn't want to hear, we currently have had 16 days at or above 80 in February this year and are forecasted to continue the 80's through the end of the month. While Noel and I disagree on what is "perfect" February weather, even I agree 80 degrees is a bit outrageous.

Wayne, good luck getting your sun fix this weekend. Avoiding the sun will be my job this weekend.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Another pretty day here, but too cool to work outside.

Wayne, my new wake up time is around 5:30. I used to get up at
3:30 or 4:00 when I worked. If you're bored on the weekends, you
can come to my house. I'll find you something to do :)

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day.

Morning all. Had a VERY rough night trying to get to sleep last night. Not because I wasn't tired or that I was too sore. No, it was Mr. Gus, who got under the bed and wouldn't get out.
Interesting that Mr. Gus stayed under the bed. Recently, we visited my son, his wife, baby, and their boxer, Tyson, who provided a wake-up call service that consisted of leaping onto the bed and sticking his doggy nose in your face. (He also thinks that boxers are lap dogs.) As for all you early risers, you have my respect. All my life, getting up in the morning has been a struggle. On the odd occasion that I'm out and about very early, I'm always vaguely surprised that so many people are active so soon in the day.

Last edited:
Happy Friday - it is really nice here (sunny & warm) but it's supposed to be a rainy weekend!

The Marmots are back - which is really weird! They normally don't come out until the end of March - first part of April. They are huge too! They can really destroy our cars here at work so we have to really watch them. They will disappear sometime in July to mate is what we have been told - but the damage they can do in those months are awful.

Also, the Robins are back -- should be a good sign even though it's really early.

Hope those of you who are sick feel better soon.

Shannon

Good afternoon. You screen doesn't look anything like mine at the top, Poirot. I can relate to weird computer stuff. I finally got started working on my mother's computer this morning, finally got in to do a system restore, set up the internet access, etc. Now to do some cleanup and make sure everything is up to date (for starters).

My mother called me first thing this morning, which is unusual, to let me know she had a wonderful night of rest in her own bed and wasn't hurting at all when she woke up. On the mattress issue: she has one she ordered from HSN or something. It came rolled up in a large box and had to be unrolled to "rest", lol. That was my job and it was a struggle. I have no idea what kind it is, but it is very heavy. It took two men to put it on the bed (king size).

Robin, I'm getting a good visual of Mr. Gus with his evil red eyes! :rotfl:

Wayne, I think your cat is trying to control your mind, maybe for extra catnip or something, lol!

Edited to add: I forgot to put a video link in for OC. I think you could use some of these birds!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video/snake-hunting-secretary-bird-killer-101105802.html

Take care people.

Good evening everyone. This day is a blur as I slept through most of it - sans coughing spells. These meds are strong.

Last night I woke up, got out of bed, and suddenly didn't know where I was?! Was it the kitchen? Bedroom? Hallway. I was really confused then saw a light, stumbled over and found the drapes. Once I opened them I could maneuver my way. To where? I had forgotten I needed the bathroom. When I called this morning the doctor said "oh yeah, corticosteroids have that effect on people in these large doses". Oh, thanks doc, for letting me know after I stumble in the dark like an idiot! :rolleyes:

Wishing each of you a better night's sleep, a restful but fun weekend and beautiful weather.

Robin, enjoy our 89F today.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day. I am so happy that today is Friday, as today was not a good day. A day I wish I could have slept through, but tis I have responsibilities and things that needed to be done so I couldn't.

The weather was sunny but cold, although it did warm up nicely throughout the day. Tonight it is supposed to get cold again. However, spring like temperatures are coming this weekend so I am happy!

Right now I just finished a load of laundry and now I am watching a movie and relaxing with one of my cats, definitely a nice way to end a not so good day.

I hope that all of you have a fabulous Friday evening. Much love and happiness to each and everyone of you!

Kt, my internet has been slow and timing out this evening, so I wasn't able to see the video on the link about the snake-killing bird, but I will try again later. I'd sure like to see that. Definitely sounds like something I need! I also recently read that geese will kill snakes. I'd get some but the coyotes would probably kill them.

Noel, you need to get well soon! Before you run into something and injure yourself. It is so weird to be disoriented in the night like that.

Robin, I laughed about your dog digging under the bed. I don't think I would laugh it happened under my bed though!

Fed cows this morning, then went to town for Rx, bank, P.O., and grocery store. Altogether it kept me busy until 4:00 p.m.

Back