2/5/24 - Donuts and Windy Weather

Sunny and 35, slight wind.

rfsexton: I hope the wind dies down and you don't get a lot of rain.

Sending prayers to those in California affected by storms which caused a blackout:

Good foggy morning from middle of the country.......
My sons in Sacramento lost power several times yesterday. At one house a large branch didn't want to be attached to the tree anymore and fell. No damage to the house was reported.
One of my sisters who lives in the foothills of the Los Angeles basin was reporting 70 mph wind gusts and the chance of up to 8 inches of rain in her area.... due to the time difference I haven't received any updates this morning.... she's the panicky one so she'll report in as soon as she can...
but it's a mess in California......

I hope everyone has as good a Monday as possible......

Good almost afternoon. Just got back from a school in my southern county. It looks beautiful out with the sunshine, but the wind is cold. Will be in the office the rest of the day working on referrals.

My brother and sis-in-law had 2 inches of rain out in Palm Springs in the southern California desert. (East of Los Angeles.) That's what they normally receive all year. They're main problem is the high winds that are coming through the pass and over the mountains. She said the windmill vanes are spinning like crazy on the wind farms.

rf - I hope the rain bypasses your area.

WW - Enjoy your sunshine.

robinsnest - Prayers that your family remains safe throughout this storm.

Good morning,

Yes, hope your family, Robin and anyone else's family or friends who are affected are ok.

We had snow over the weekend but that now has passed and have beautiful sunny skies.

So, if you recall or maybe not. Lol, I had my wallet stolen that had 2 lottery tickets in it for the draw for that evening and where the winning ticket was in Calgary. No has claimed it yet and they have a year to do so.......so I figured, I don't want to be sitting here December 8th. Wishing I had done something to find that ticket or at least inquire with the Western lottery corporation if there is anything I could have done. So 2 weeks ago I contacted the Western lottery corporation and they advised that I would need to go back to those establishments where I may have purchased a lottery 649 ticket and see if they are able to print up that receipt that matches with whatever bank card credit card I may have paid with. I was able to retrieve one receipt that showed a lotto 649 ticket purchase and they provided this to me. Today I emailed that receipt to the lottery corporation so they may look into it further. Chances are I did not win that money, but I just needed to have a little bit of peace of mind because it hasn't been claimed yet.

I hope everyone has a safe day, a great day and a good beginning to the week.

It's a beautiful sunny day close to 60. It was a cool morning for walking.

A busy Monday for me. I went to church and did my weekly chores. Then I went to the church library
updating the computer. I came home and took Fenix out. I finished my cleaning after lunch since it's trash
day. Study time is over.

rs and robin, I hope your family members survive the awful weather out west. I've been finding videos
on Twitter under "flooding". I hope the Days cast members are doing ok.

rf, I hope you don't too much rain this week.

Muzzaman, I'm glad you were able to get the numbers from your lost tickets. Good luck.

Wilde Woman, enjoy the sunshine.

Prayers for people in the path of the bad weather.

Good afternoon. My son and his family, who live in an RV traveling the country, are now is San Luis Obispo, CA. I talked with him last evening and he said they were having 60 mph winds and lots of rain. After reading today of all the talk of damages in that state, and not being all that familiar with locations myself, I just now gave him a quick call. He said they're ok and haven't lost power. Tomorrow they'll be moving a bit farther north. I don't know if that's good or bad. It seems like they are always in locations that seem threatening in one way or another to me, especially for living in a "tin can" on wheels. I realize danger can be anywhere anytime. I just don't have that sense of adventure that leads people into unfamiliar territory.

Muzz, better to "take the bull by the horns" as you did, and find out what you can, rather than wait and wonder indefinitely.

Kat, busy you! You did get a lot accomplished. Go, Kat, go! (You're probably not old enough to remember the popularity of that expression--Go, cat, go--in the days of very early Rock and Roll).

Sexton, I hope things are staying calm where you are. Any chance the rain will miss you?

Squirrel, I think I've said before that the wind turbines near Palm Springs were the first ones I'd ever seen--when we went to visit my aunt in Yucca Valley in the 1980s. Little did I know that the Texas landscape would be littered with them in 40 years. I hope your brother and his wife are safe from the winds.

Robin, I hope you got a reassuring report from your sister and continue to hear of safety for all of your family. So many things going on it storms of this kind.

Wilde Woman, although 35* is cold, maybe not so bad if the wind is relatively calm and there is sunshine.

It was cloudy and windy, in the 40s* this morning so felt cold. Better since the sun came out around noon. My kitchen drain has been almost completely plugged all weekend. I thought the problem was in the trap underneath the sink so I kept trying to get it opened up and made no progress at all. So I concluded it must be plugged outside, where it drains out onto the ground at the edge of the hill behind my yard. (It's the only thing piped out there). It was just too cold for me to tackle that yesterday but I went out this morning and sure enough, the grass and weeds and roots had grown all over the opening where the water comes out. Some digging with a shovel and a pitchfork got it opened up and flowing freely again. Whew, such a relief! I need to dig out a better ditch for it but I'd had enough for one day.

Then I went with my niece to feed cubes to the cows, which really didn't require any effort on my part. There weren't even any gates to open.

I need to get back to my taxes before things start getting lost in the piles of papers on my work table. But this day is about spent and tomorrow I go get an overdue haircut.

Back