2-6-2018 - Donuts & Stocks

Noel

Reaction score
Good Morning ladies & gents,

Hope your Tuesday is beginning with a smile, no matter how busy you are or what the weather looks like outside your window.

As I say to Hubs: "close your eyes & breathe deeply". I have been saying that to him since the stock market started correcting last Friday. In the history of the stock market, this so far is not something to worry about although all of us would like it never to correct but keep escalating.

My day is a normal work, errands, dinner, prep for tomorrow, and then thankfully bed time. Sure hope your day is more varied and interesting than my family routine. Thinking of you all.

Good Morning,

Another frigid cold morning. I feel like a broken record.

Currently I'm working from home, as our sewer drain backed up again last night, not a lot just a little. So we called Rotor-Rooter back to do some warranty work. They were just here on 1/24, so hopefully it's all taken care of this time. I'll head into the office whenever he gets done.

Noel - I like normal boring routine. It makes me happy. :)

Oh, dear, sewer backup in this frigid weather....yep, truly broken records, we are, Mandy. 18 below zero this a.m. Sun out, doesn't seem to have helped much, lol. I have errands, plus the oil change this afternoon, may not get everything done. Pay bills, search among the stuff still in tote bins for stuff I need, and find stuff I wonder why I have so much (like staples!! , lol) So now I have been putting things away, and hey, try and remember which drawer, what label. LOL

Got a message this a.m. about Julian...see the Chapel....that little boy just goes thru so much.

Good afternoon everyone. I had a lot of snow to clean off this morning. At least it was the light fluffy stuff. The heavy wet junk will come down tonight.

Some super duper news about the preemies. #2, the larger "vampire" twin, was sent home around 8:00 last night!!! The doctors wanted Mom, Dad, and the 2 little girls to get used to having a baby in the house before twin #1 is sent home by the beginning of next week (barring any set backs).

Great news about the twins RS. So happy for them all.

Poirot - I find things all the time that I forgot we had in the house. LOL

Well, the sewer problem was not covered by warranty. Apparently the new lady upstairs doesn't know how to listen. We told her the 1st day she was here to make sure she doesn't flush her feminine hygiene products. So who wants to guess what the Roto-Rooter guy pulled out of the pipe?? I can't even say it, it was too gross. She tried to deny it until I showed her the picture I took of the pile. :angry:I told her if it happens again, she's paying the bill. And afterwards she had the audacity to ask if she could get a dog. Umm no, no, no, no, no!!!

I seriously can't wait for hubby to get hired on so I can get rid of these people.

Morning or afternoon all.

Hectic morning. My 7 am doctor's appointment was late. How can it be??? So I was late for work. Then things here were hopping from minute one.

Tomorrow starts the long hours.

RS - that is fantastic news!!!!!!! Congrats to the entire family.

Off to solve the world's problems, as far as my little world is concerned, not the world in general. Not taking on that big of a problem.

Poirot: prayers with love for sweet Julian and the entire family! I have total confidence that your determination to organize will out last the bins and piles of paperwork.

The doctors wanted Mom, Dad, and the 2 little girls to get used to having a baby in the house before twin #1 is sent home by the beginning of next week (barring any set backs).
Squirrel: I am dancing in my shoes with joy over the first sweet twin going home!!! With all the yearning of this couple to bring their babies home, I am certain they will quickly adjust and be ready for their 2nd baby to join them. :love:

Manda: that is too gross for words. And what woman doesn't know that about plumbing? Seriously, I hope you can replace your renter as soon as possible!

Robin: hope your 'world' settles down as I am certain you are on top of the circumstances again. Wishing you an extra relaxing evening after such a hectic day.

Hubs called me at work to give me a laugh. He was deep breathing over the phone because the stock market was re-adjusted to a positive state. I love this man.:)

Mom's due date was February 17th, so hopefully the twin # 1 be home by then. Doc said they're both underweight for what their birth weight would be if born at or near nine months. He's very pleased that both are functioning normally now with breathing, sucking, muscle response, etc.

Mom & Dad are still in shock that they were given a car seat after 8:00 last night, and told to bring their car around to the ER doors. They had absolutely no idea that one of their precious babies was being sent home last night. What a strange time to discharge him.

Amanda - that is just too gross !!!:sick::sick::sick: One more reason to get them out as fast as possible. You just haven't had any luck with tenants.

Last edited:
Noel - Your husband sounds like mine regarding the stock market I don't think he slept much last night. He just told me were back in the green.

Manda - You got to be kidding? A grown woman doesn't know better? That is quite sad really. So sorry you have to go contend with that.

Poirot - Burr is all I can say.

RS - great news about the twins. Keeping them in my prayers. Good luck with your heavy snow this evening.

Robin - I set up a 7:30am appt. with my doctor once and waited and waited. The nurse kept coming in saying he wasn't there yet. Then about 8:15 I heard him in the room next to me talking golf with another patient. I was livid. The nurse came in to tell me he was there and I said I could hear him next door. Then I asked her how many patients did you book for 7:30? She smiled and said 3. I was next. I got dressed and walked out and never went back. I thought seriously of sending an invoice for my time.

The sun is out! Boy what a difference it makes in my mood. We have the girls this evening so I'm looking forward to playing with them this evening.

Have a great day.

Hello everyone. Another unusual day here. It's starting to be my expectation for the day. I had to go to Walmart for a prescription refill and a little shopping. I got to the meat department and there was nothing there. Apparently (according to paper signs posted), all of the refrigeration units had gone out. I find it odd that all refrigerated display cases were connected to the same source, but everything from the fresh meat through the bacon/sausage/lunch meat/cheese sections had been pulled. Talk about a major loss of inventory. It looked like some employees were trying to restock, but I bet it will take a while to get trucks with replacement products.

Take care.

Hope you all are having a wonderful day!

Got my hair chopped today as a birthday present to myself (on the 10th), with a bit of light violet/silver highlights and I love it. Here is the cut that I used for inspiration:

https://goo.gl/images/XFBYNA

That is the singer Halsey, who sings the song Bad at Love all over the Billboard Countdown right now. But I have had my hair like this/that for many many years before I grew it out to my waist during my relationship with ex. Been chopping it shorter and shorter, the more sure our separation has become. Now I just feel free again and like my old self.

Boo to the cold weather!

Best wishes to Julian.

Hectic mornings are the worst.

Manda - so sorry about to the plumbing issues. May want to get the person to sign an agreement that they will pay for further issues.

My sister is going bonkers over the stock market right now. Like continuously texting me market updates and being woeful. I feel she is being a tad dramatic.

kt - No meat at all sounds crazy.

RS - Congrats on the twins!

VA appts are usually about a three hour commitment for maybe though thirty of face time. They are always backed up. I feel like royalty at the civilian doctors. lol.

Everybody needs some sun in their lives!

Neighbor says he is going to crawl under my house and check the ductwork because no way cat could have gotten inside from outside.

Going to the chiropractor tomorrow, so excited!

Thinking of you all and wishing everyone a peaceful rest tonight!

I could not go that short either, tho I like it short. My hair has been thinning of late, I think it might be due to the meds, they ran out of my one med, nationwide, and so I had a "sub" for about 6 mos. Finally got the other stuff back in stock a couple weeks ago, so since I needed a refill, I wanted my old stuff. We will see if this stops the problem.

But it sure is a cute look! LOL

Mandy, every feminine hygiene product say right on it....not to dispose in toilet. (although there ARE brands that claim it is safe to do so. What a crock! Shame on that woman.

You know, I did not realize it had been so long since I saw a space launch, until it came on. Egads, it has been forever.

It was a little warmer when Goldie and I had a walk this morning. In the 20s.
Forecast tonight is chance of ice. The teachers at school want a snow day
since they haven't had one this year.

Today I put books I got ready two weeks ago on the shelves. Librarian spent
last week showing the kids the new books. I was there when she had her
first class. She told me wave at them because I put the books on shelves.
The kids were so excited. They can use computers to look for books. They
can look for new and find them that way.

manda, sorry to hear about sewer problem. I wish there was a way you can
get better tenants.

rs, thanks for the update on the babies.

YPG, good luck at the chiropractor tomorrow.

Noel, I called my broker today. She said they knew it was going to happen.
I told her to keep an eye on my accounts. I guess I was worried for nothing
since it went up again.

I hope everyone has a nice evening.

Squirrel: we discharge babies when the physicians order it, day or night. The test criteria for release is stringent to protect the baby. Many parents are surprised but elated any time of day. The babies will gain weight in time and will flourish under the care of their loving parents.

Shan: our Hubs sound like stock-worrying kin. I am glad you are enjoying the sun today and the girls tonight. Now that is a good Tuesday.

KT: that is a costly loss to Wal-Mart depending on your state laws/regulations for temperature food controls. Sorry your timing left you without meat/cheese options. Hope your freezer is full.

YPG: thanks for the link to a photo of Halsey and the hair style you opted for your birthday. It is fashion forward design and color ways. Wishing you an early awesome birthday!

dtkssk: hope to watch a tape of the launch later tonight. How cool you saw it live. Amazing technology and adventure. I hope NASA gets funding for more space exploration after the economy is really strong.

Kat: you amaze me at much you accomplish daily when volunteering. And a snow day would be fun for teachers and kids, but ice can be dangerous. Hope your stocks continue to rise.

Time to fix dinner, help with homework and projects and try to stay awake for late news. Good night all.

Back