2-7-2018 - Donuts & the News

Noel

Reaction score
Good Morning,

Is it me or is watching the morning news somewhat depressing nowadays? I have decided to cut my news intake to mostly online to try to avoid the politicization of everything. So now I am trying to keep focused on these sweet babies and parents and forget the negativity that started my day. Lesson learned the hard way.

Tonight I have some errands, and a school meeting, before our usual routine. It will be warm at 82F today. School is having a party this weekend for President's Day and so my baking roster is completely filled up for this week. As a diabetic oh how I would love to taste some of these delights!

Hope you are warm, safe, and having a good day!

Good morning, good morning, everyone.

So is it a long weekend for Americans this weekend being President's Day?

RS - SNOW DAY!!!!!! WOOT WOOT!! We've had quite a bit of snow dump on us this week and currently there is another winter advisory in effect as we are expected to get more snow and a lot of it but by the time the weekend hits we will be back in the plus thanks to a Chinook that's expected to come through.

OH, and @redsquirrel, mark your calendar. MARCH 5, 2018 - CALGARY FLAMES AT PITTSBURGH. I like my Penguins flame roasted!!! :):):):):) Are we making any bets as to who will win??

Not able to get on here much these days but am reading up on everyone and being nosy. Work has been busy in the new role I am in, which I've done two times previously but now it is my position permanently and not just on an acting basis. In addition to attending informal training I've been training the new guy in this role.

Next week we start formal training by video-conference and webex. UGH!!!! Such long and boring days when it is done in this way but saves dollars on travelling to one central location cause the government NEVER wastes money on less important things. LOL! NOT!!!!

As soon as I get home from work I wolf down something to eat then hop in the car and drive to the theatre for 6pm for rehearsals. This is going to be a long week as this is the schedule day this week then 1pm on Saturday and Sunday. We get Monday the 12th off, final dress rehearsal is Tuesday the 13th, have the 14th off (husband is taking me out for a steak and lobster for my birthday) then opening night is on 15th.

Actually it is a preview night and proceeds from the show go towards a local charity and Friday the 16th is opening night. After the show, my husband is throwing me an opening night/birthday party so some of the cast are coming over, neighbours, and friends. Should be a good time. We will be doing full on dress rehearsals beginning Thursday or Saturday so I will ask someone to record a little bit of a scene to post.

Hope everyone stays warm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squirrel: when you have a snow day, I say celebrate! Make a snowman or family after all your hard work shoveling this morning. If that isn't fun for you find a good book to read or movie to watch. Hope you turn this into some rest and relaxation just for you.

Muzza: congrats on your permanent position, with sympathies for snooze-producing training classes. Your schedule is so busy but you're exercising both your intellectual and creative sides (play)!

Also President's Day is the 19th, but each class must reserve the conference room so it takes almost two weeks for all the grades parties before the holiday.

Morning all.

It is Wednesday, and because of the storm expected on the east coast, I got a snow day too!!!! Meaning I didn't have to start at 6 am. Woo-hooo! But I will get to start at 6 tomorrow and Friday. And of course my guests will be at the office, so there is that.

Muzz - sounds like you have a busy week ahead. I look forward to seeing a snippet of your show.

RS - I'm sure you'll find something to do on your paid day off.

Noel - I'm so with you on the news. I was getting tired of it and it was depressing me. One evening Ember was at the house, and the hubby had the news on. Something bad came on and Ember said "my momma said I'm not old enough to watch the news yet" and that she didn't need it in her life. I thought, you know, she is right. I enjoy watching the weather and so that's all I do now. Our main channels have the weather at 10 after the hour so that's what I do.

RS - you must be buried. Stay warm and safe. It's hard work shoveling all that snow.

Muzz - sounds like you are really busy. It's nice to keep busy when the weather is rotten. Good luck with all your rehearsals. Looking forward to seeing a snippet.

Robin - How nice, a snow break in 82 degree weather. LOL

A gorgeous day here. Sunny and almost 50. When you live in the Pacific Northwest, that is unheard of this time of year.

Have a great day.

Another cool day here. The sun came out late morning. My area of the
state missed the ice storm.

Noel, the only news I get is in the newspaper and my Twitter feed. This is the first time
I've heard of President's Day parties at a school.

rs, I hope you got warmed up after spending so much time shoveling snow.
I hope you can someone to help you with that.

Muzzaman, congrats on your sort of new job.

Shan, enjoy the nice weather.

robin, since you have to start work so early, when do you get to go home?
I hope the bigwigs will change your hours to a better time.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

Another frigid day here, again, the sun is out, but the temp has now climbed to above zero, in fact, it is 15!!!! Hubby has the news on all day, drives me up a wall, and I end up really, just tuning out. I get what I need either on the internet, or the radio, & our local newspaper. He watches the same stuff over and over and over, because all day, it is just repetition, or making mountains out of something stupid, which usually the media ignores, but on a slow news day, ugh. LOL

Ordered an office chair, a small one, but one that can be height adjusted.....from Amazon, and it arrived today. Dang it, have to put it together, not a happy camper about that.

Squirrelly, is there not some plow services in your area, that you could get to come in? Bless your heart for all that shoveling. The hours you describe remind me of the great blizzard in Illinois, the entire garage door to the roof was drifted over. So much shoveling. Hours and hours, and only got half the drift gone. It took days and days for us to get plowed out, meaning the streets.

There were 46 children on our block, and hubby decided to take the next door neighbor on an adventure and go for milk for the kids. He had a Blazer and just tunneled thru drifts, til he got out to the highway, drove to the dairy in Elgin, brought 2 or 3 cases of milk back to the neighborhood. Boy, talk of grateful parents.

Still working on taxes.......back to the salt mines.

Hi everyone!

It's breezy, cloudy, humid, and in the 60s. Strange weather. In the northern part of the state it's in the 30s. Crazy what a couple hundred miles can make for the weather.

Muzza, good luck with your busy work/rehearsal schedule.

Rs, hope you've enjoyed your snow day.

Noel, have fun baking even if you can't eat any of it.

Poirot, stay warm!

Kat, glad the storm missed you.

Shan, little Ember is very wise.

Robin, good luck with your work guests.

I'm ready for this flu season to be over. We have 2 full time employees out with the flu. Also if you have the flu please use the drive thru and stop infecting other people. I have a cold right now and don't want to get the flu while my immune system is compromised.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night!

Red: hope your cold quickly passes and you stay virus free. And why people don't use the prescription drive-thru is mystifying and frustrating. But then we have medical staff report to work, state they have the flu and then ask to go home. By that time, they've spread the flu to tens of people.:whack:

Hope your weather stays nice so you can enjoy it.

robin, since you have to start work so early, when do you get to go home?
I hope the bigwigs will change your hours to a better time.
Oh no. I get to start early and leave at the same time. Sadly, when I go on vacation, no one covers my clients. They wait till I get back. But I'm expected to come in early for the east coast and then stay late for the west coast. So tomorrow and Friday it will be 6am to 5:30 pm.

Snow day worked out okay. I got some things done. Got the I-9 guy taken care of. Took care of a request for employment verification. It annoyed my keepers that I wasn't working 100% for them, but alas, I have other things to do sometimes. Sheesh.

Now off to what will be a really long Bonsai meeting.

Back