2/7/2024 - Donuts and Windy Midweek Slump

Muzzaman

Reaction score
Good morning everyone and happy hump day. I hope you're all staying warm or staying dry or trying to keep cool, which I don't think anyone's trying to keep cool with today's weather.

On this day in history, The Beatles arrived in New York and appeared on The Ed Sullivan Show.

It's a bit of a cooler day here today but will be warming up for the on the corner weekend. Same thing for me this week. Volleyball tonight volleyball tomorrow night. The weekend is ours with no plans or commitments to anyone or anything. Looking forward to it.

Have a good day everyone.

Any suggestions for the rest of the title in Donuts and.......

LOLOL, Donuts & the midweek slump............. Ha.

Another gloomy day here again. My back is really hurting, only easing when I stand up. So who can stand all day anymore. Ahhh, aging is not for sissies as Bette Davis once said. You can't believe how slowly I have to go, easing myself up when sitting down. Ha.
Take care, enjoy the day!

Good morning..... I've slept a whole bunch and am currently feeling a bit better... the headache is gone..... Plan for today to take it slow and easy and nap as much as possible.....
We are Windy as a capital W indy here.... and as the day goes on it's going to get even stronger.....so perhaps best I take it slow.... the weather lady last night said it would be a good day for walking but if you walk a chihuahua make sure you have hold of the leash or they may go flying.... I can report Vinnie aka the BEAST's ears sure did fly while he was outside doing what dogs do in the morning.....

Does anyone here still watch La Brea?? The show seems to have totally derailed.....

I'd go with Donuts and WIND today..... but that's just me....

Oh, Poirot, back pain affects your whole body and just when you get a comfortable position, it starts to hurt again. A warm bath, an heating pad on your back might help...........and maybe Xander to give you a good massage.

Robin, I get wind too. I grew up in the wind capital of Canada. We all walk on a slight slant forward from always walking into the wind. LOL!!

Okay, would one of the admins mind updating the title today to Donuts and WIndy Midweek Slump, please?

I was going to ask if it should be Donuts and Nothing Much to Say! Glad Muzza started the thread before I had to figure out what my tagline would be!

Sunny and 43. I am getting used to this sunny weather. Thankfully, my cousin in CA had power restored yesterday afternoon after the storm finally ended. I hope everyone affected is back in business.

Muzza: Thanks for the trivia about The Beatles. Have fun with the volleyball. Oh, and how about this for a title today: Donuts and Volley of the Balls (I actually just re-watched Valley of the Dolls, so there you go). You can edit your title yourself, I think (?)

Poirot: Good one about midweek slump. I feel it. There are chairs designed to help people up, but I hope you won't ever need one where it is too difficult to get up at all. Various types of "lift-up" recliners. Sorry you are having a gloomy weather day.

Robin: Great that your headache went away. I have a funny visual of THE BEAST'S flapping ears. Batten down your hatches!!

Everyone, with or without high winds, enjoy your day!

1707324918192.jpeg

Today, I took the center van ride to the center. My neighbor is coming now and the van picks her up, so I may start taking the van on occasion and save gas.

I have to wash clothes today. They do free dryer for each wash load on Wednesdays

You just reminded me to get mine started.........I ended up not doing laundry yesterday, so.......have it now going.

LaBrea came on the TV yesterday, & I was busy with something so mostly was listening, finally saying to myself, gotta get this off the TV, it just all sounds so stupid. LOL Have not watched it in the past......but just listening yesterday.......not for me.
Very still out here, no wind so far....well, there is, but very slight.

It's another sunny day with wind.

Today is when I go to Bible study. On the way home, I dumped off recycling I got Monday.
I'm going to stay inside this afternoon since it's windy.

Poirot, I hope your back feels better soon.

Muzzaman, I fixed the title for you.

robin, I'm glad you're feeling better today.

rf, enjoy your free dryer day.

Wilde Woman, I'm glad your cousin has their power back.

I hope everyone an enjoyable rest of the day.

amazing as it seems, it is raining here! very lightly, but is actually raining. Went to get the mail, and when I pulled out of garage, windshield told the tale. Had just began. I thought perhaps it was very wet snow (tis 47 here).....but nope. street & sidewalk prove it for sure. LOL Yep, the wacky weather continues. Cloudy, overcast as well. A friend said it all means we will have huge blizzards in March, maybe even April.

I remember watching the Beetles as they came off the plane, and also on Ed Sullivan. Muzz, I'm in shock over you having a weekend with no plans! Enjoy.

Poirot, one of the contradictions in old age is---if you sit too much you may get back pains, stiffness, muscle cramps, etc., but if you stand or walk too much it causes the same things. I haven't found the right balance between the two....I think I just saw something on the weather about your area not being through with winter--your real winter will be coming yet.

The lift chairs are helpful for some people but not the most comfortable for sitting long periods. They're also solid and very heavy to move. I had to get rid of one after my mother passed and another one after my husband passed. They were both nice chairs, my husband's especially high quality and was leather. Since there are always people needing them they're pretty easy to give away if there is someone to move them.

Sexton, having a ride to the center would be handy, so long as you want to go and come at the times they run. Good deal to get free dryer once a week.

Robin, Vinnie with flying ears is a fun image to have on the brain! I hope you will rest long enough to get well. Glad your head is better today.

Wilde Woman, thanks for the reminder I need to check with my cousin in southern CA to see if she and her family are okay. I thought about her in bed last night but keep forgetting to check. She's the one whose husband was a missionary pilot in the jungles of Venezuela. They raised their two older kids there. He's deceased now and she has recently moved from Idaho to CA. She comes by here about once a year and spends a night with me as she tours Texas to visit relatives.

Kat, staying in out of the wind is a good plan. I'm doing the same but at least you got something done this morning.

It was cloudy with a nippy breeze when I went out to feed the birds this morning but then about 10:00 o'clock the wind got down to business. I kept hearing a noise and thought a helicopter must be going over (I'm right in the med 'copter flight path). I even went to the door and looked out. Finally realized it was just the wind! Now I've lost my tv signal and I'm kinda glad to know it is from the wind. A couple of months ago the same thing happened when we were having unusually awful wind and I didn't know what to think because in all of the years and all kinds of weather this had never happened before. After the wind settled it went back to normal and I'm hoping for the same thing now, since it keeps trying to come back but comes on for less than five seconds and goes out again. There's a lot of gusting in today's wind.

Overcast here today but not too cold.

As I've mentioned before our beloved cat sadly passed away last year at 19 yrs. My hubby didn't want to get another one because of the heartbreak.

I've been slowly trying to change his mind.

It worked! He's going to get one for me for Valentines Day! How sweet.

Today we put in an application for a rescue center and it's approved! We'll be welcoming our new little girl named Callie soon. She's almost 1 yr old. I can't wait!

Back