2 no bake pie recipes

hides14

Reaction score
Thought I would post these as they are great summer pie recipes... no turning on the hot oven! Enjoy:)

Dark Chocolate pie

8 ounces of of good dark chocolate (70% cacao)
8 ounces of heavy cream
1 tub of cool whip
1 small carton of heavy whipping cream
Cup or so of chocolate chips
Graham cracker pie crust

Melt dark chocolate in double boiler or microwave, just be careful not to burn it. Heat cream on stove top until warm. Combine heavy cream and chocolate to make a smooth ganash. Let cool for a few minutes if mixture is hot or too warm. Take about a little more than half of the tub of cool whip and fold into mixture until combined. Put mixture in pie crust and refrigerate until it sets. I usually make a day ahead and let it set up for 12-24 hours (but in a pinch less time will do).

Pour whipping cream in bowl and beat into whip cream (soft peaks) adding granulated sugar to taste (start slow with the sugar, it’s gets sweet fast and you can always add more if needed). I usually use a few teaspoons of sugar when all is said and done. Top pie with whip cream and add the chocolate chips on top as a garnish. Refrigerate until served. Tip: Instead of making whip cream you could just use the left over cool whip as a topper but I just like the flavor of real whip cream better on this pie, but that’s up to you.

Peanut Butter pie

1 cup creamy peanut butter
8 ounces of cream cheese (room temperature)
¾ cup of sugar
Tub of cool whip
Heavy whipping cream
Graham cracker pie crust
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cup or so of peanut butter chips

Combine peanut butter, cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar with electric mixer. Beat until smooth and combined. Gently fold in half or so of the cool whip. Pour mixture into pie crust and refrigerate until set.

Make whipped cream with the heavy whipping cream just like for the chocolate pie and use it to top pie. I also like to top this one with peanut butter chips. Refrigerate until served. Again you could use the left over cool whip as a topper if you want to eliminate a step. But I will say that the homemade whip cream is way betterJ

Back