2015 Days Emmy Pre-Nominations

julia_princess

Reaction score
I dont know where too put this (removed texting gibberish symbols...JS)

http://emmyonline.com/drama-performer-pre-nominati...

LEAD ACTRESS:
Alison Sweeney (Ex-Sami)
Peggy McCay (Caroline)

LEAD ACTOR:
Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden)

SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
Chrishell Stause (Jordan)

SUPPORTING ACTOR:
Blake Berris (Ex-Nick)
Eric Martsolf (Brady)

YOUNGER ACTRESS:
Camila Banus (Ex-Gabi)
Lauren Boles (Ciara)
True O'Brien (Paige)

YOUNGER ACTOR:
Connor Kalopsis (Chase)
Terrell Ransom Jr. (Theo)
Freddie Smith (Sonny)
Casey Moss (JJ)

Taken from daytimeroyalty.

How very odd.......some of the those choices seem.........????

I mean......Nicole is not nominated but Jordan & Paige ARE??? Caroline (and I love her, think she is great) is hardly seen but "lead actress". The little kids opposite the likes of JJ & Sonny? And while I do really like Daniel Cosgrove......he rarely is seen, but is "lead actor"?
Is this for 2014? Because Clyde had more scenes with actual depth than Aiden. Very strange, in my opinion.

You beat me to it!! (I think this is the right forum though!!)

Comments:
It's silly that Alison Sweeney (Sami) was recognised for anything she did this year (I'm guessing this covers late 2013-2014???)...but it's an absolute travesty that Freddie Smith's and Casey Moss's (Sonny, JJ, respectively) work this year is being compared to Connor Kalopsis's (Chase). Not only are they older, they're in front-burner storylines. What the heck is the criteria for "younger" actor? It used to be under 20. (Meanwhile Caroline and Theo barely appeared last year, but they got nominations? I realise it's based on what the actor submits...but does the show have any input? Do they encourage submissions? Etc...??)

I hope Days gets nominations for Camila Banus (ex-Gabi), Lauren Boles (Ciara, though it's a shame she's competing against adults), Casey Moss (JJ), Blake Berris (Nick), and Freddie Smith (Sonny).

EDITED TO ADD: Wow, Poirot, great minds - you must have posted while I was writing!! Same thoughts!!

I hope Camila Banus (ex-Gabi), Blake Berris (Ex-Nick), Freddie Smith (Sonny) and Casey Moss (JJ) get nominations. I think I would go for Peggy McCay (Caroline) if she was in the supporting actress category. The rest, I dont understand. Where is Ari Zucker (Nicole)???

Yes if just kiddos were in the Younger Actor category, I'd be all for Chase/Theo getting nominations with Chase to win - and I'm fully on Team Ciara in all matters, unless she has to go up against my Gabriella. :)

It is very odd that Caroline was nominated despite having no story, almost zero scenes (the only one that pops to mind is her counselling Sami to return to EJ :sick:), but gets pre-nominated for LEAD actress!??!?!?

Kate Mansi (Abigail) should be in the supporting actress list as well - her scenes with EJ were amazing, she really showed her range throughout that story. Why wouldn't she submit for nomination?? :confused:

Also absent from the list, in my opinion, besides Nicole (of course), is Meredith Scott Lynn (Anne). She may play a one-note character, but she brings an energy to every. single. line & scene she's in.

I am baffled by True O'Brien (Paige) AND Christell Strause's (Jordan) inclusions. I mean, seriously? Their characters are just awful! They really hadn't brought much to the show at all!

I'm kind of glad Kate Mansi (Abigail) not included. She may have a shot with the EJ/Abby storyline, but other than that, she honestly hasn't done much that is noteworthy. Plus I don't really like Abby anyway and her relationship with Ben is so snoozeworthy. I'm also kind of disappointed that Jen Lilley (Theresa) got snubbed too but since her character is so horribly written I'm not sure if she would ever have had a shot at being nominated anyway, even if she really is a decently good actor.

Even if she does tend to shriek and overact at least she is capable of emoting really well and making more facial expressions than constipated Jordan, and that's saying a lot. Plus I find her charismatic and enjoyable most of the time anyway so yeah. I think she might have had some good material she could've used but maybe if this baby napping storyline actually turns out really well, she might have a real shot next year. She should add in the baby rattle scene as part of her reel.

I think Ari Zucker (Nicole) should have been pre-nominated too especially with the stuff she did with Eric last year.

Edited by Sparkster to add character names and spell out combo name. Please remember not everyone knows the names of the actors and combo names are not used on this board.

Keep in mind these are pre-nominations only and just represent Days. There's a selection process that will whittle it down to about 5 per category across all soaps. Also, if it seems there are glaring omissions it's possible those actors did not even submit for pre-nominations. Perhaps Jason47 knows who submitted and who did not?

Two years ago Peggy McCay (Caroline) submitted in Lead Actress for her work in the Alzheimer story and made it to the final nominations. I'm betting she submitted her speech at Will and Sonny's wedding. I can't understand why Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) submitted in Lead Actor, if at all, but it was likely because of Brady and Nick already in the Supporting category. I think both Sonny and JJ have a good shot at making it to the final cut. This might be Camilla Banus's (ex-Gabi) and Alison Sweeney's (ex-Sami) year in their respective categories. I don't have a problem with the kiddos getting pre-nominations but I doubt they will make it further than that. I am a bit surprised at Jordan and Paige though. No, make that shocked. :eek:

If the actors didn't even bother to submit for pre-nominations, then perhaps they felt that whatever material they did simply wasn't good enough?

Ack! I forgot about Caroline's speech. A great supporting actress reelmaker, for sure.

I saw the full list of 59 for all soaps - Days is represented in every category, but it's the only show that has truly bizarre nominations (though I don't watch B&B or Y&R) like what's outlined above.

I'm not surprised all the Emmy bait for Alison Sweeney (Sami) is probably going to work; she's definitely going to make it to final nominations. Whether she's deserving or not is another story. :rolleyes:

I actually laughed out loud when I saw True O'Brien (Paige) and Chrishell Stause (Jordan) on this list. Really? Might as well have a category specifically for boring wooden actors with no screen presence. Either one of them would surely win that one!

I would rather have expected to see Kate Mansi (Abigail) or Jen Lilley (Theresa) than Chrishell Stause (Jordan) or True O'Brien (Paige) up for an Emmy. I'm not surprised Alison Sweeney (Sami) is on the list. And yay for Camilla Banus (Gabi), Casey Moss (JJ), and Freddie Smith (Sonny) making the list for pre-nomination.

Based on what I've read, (I think it was from Jason47, or maybe not) there isn't any judging in the younger actor/actress categories so everyone who submits gets a pre-nomination, which would definitely explain (in my opinion) why the actors who play Chase, Theo and Paige got pre nom nods.

Back