2015 Daytime Emmy's

I'll go look for the pre-nom thread, but did Arianne Zucker (Nicole) not submit anything for supporting actress? She really should be nominated.

Sad that Days doesn't have a real lead actor, though I hope Freddie Smith (Sonny) submits for next year.

It's true that Freddie Smith (Sonny) would have to either compete in the Supporting Actor or Lead Actor categories next year because of his age. However, when you look at the Lead Actors on other soaps and the material they're given, I think it would be very difficult for him to find his footing in that category. The writing for his character simply hasn't been there in the past to lead me to believe he has a chance next year. Supporting Actor would be a better fit, though it would be somewhat difficult for him if Eric Martsolf (Brady) is given any strong, emotional material this year and submits in the category again next year.

I feel like the show has always had issues with leading actors and actresses because they don't really showcase one actor over another. It's only more recently where we've seen particular actors dominating the screen time. But even in that case, if the writing is awful, that doesn't really constitute a lead actor or actress.

Been meaning to comment in this thread. Congratulations to the actors from Days who were nominated! :clap: Here are my thoughts on everything...

I think it was a deserved nomination for Alison Sweeney (ex-Sami) and while Peggy McCay (Caroline) did well in her scenes at the Will/Sonny wedding I don't understand why she was nominated in Lead Actress. The only thing I can think is that due to her age/time with the show they felt leading would be more appropriate or perhaps they thought she would have a better chance being nominated there instead of supporting due to the strength of actresses in that category? I actually think Ms. Sweeney has a chance at winning. Otherwise I would be ok with anyone in this category.

I'm pretty sure they should just give the Emmy to Anthony Geary (Luke, GH). LOL. Otherwise any of the other three would be fine too. I'm trying to remember, but I think Billy Miller (ex-Billy, Y&R) had some good scenes in January last year when he confronted Adam about killing Delia. Christian LeBlanc (Michael, Y&R) had some good stuff with admitting to Lauren he had cancer (at least that's what I imagine he chose for his reel). I think Jason Thompson (Patrick, GH) had some pretty good stuff with telling off Robin for abandoning their family to go search for Jason. It would be nice if Days could have a Male Lead nomination sometime soon. Sigh...

As far as the supporting categories go, I'm not familiar with B&B so can't comment on those actors/actresses. I really don't care for Victoria on Y&R so I'm sorta hoping she doesn't win again. I think Elizabeth Hendrickson (ex-Chloe, Y&R) was robbed last year and should have won but I don't know that she had solid enough work last year to win. So I guess I'll root for Finola Hughes (Anna, GH). She's always great. I can't believe Blake Berris (ex-Nick) didn't get a nomination! And I thought that Eric Martsolf (Brady) had a good chance at a repeat nomination. I guess I'll root for Chad Duell (Michael, GH). He had some good stuff there at the reveal of Sonny killing AJ and Carly knowing about it.

Camilla Banus (ex-Gabi) better win younger Actress or I'm gonna scream. She nailed her confession scenes, which is what she submitted. I really hope Freddie Smith (Sonny) wins as well.

I'd like to know which episodes each soap submitted for Best Drama, Writing, Directing. If I go by which show I think did the best overall in 2014, it would have to be GH. But I don't watch B&B so there's that. Also, I really do have to laugh at Days getting nominated for Writing and Wardrobe. :rotfl:But then again I guess since there's just 4 soaps left everyone gets a nomination. Sort of like how some kids sports/activities are nowadays. Everyone gets a trophy! LOL.

Back