2018 TV Christmas Movies

Heather4CU

Reaction score
Anyone find anything they've really enjoyed so far? I have to say this is the first season where I've been truly underwhelmed by the Hallmark Channel and that's a shame because I welcome the seasonal escape every year. I think they've gotten to a point where they churn out so many movies that quantity has become more important than quality.

I have enjoyed the new stuff on sister network Hallmark Movies & Mysteries though. I've watched a couple on Lifetime as well. And I have bunch of new ones in my Netflix queue.

Some of my favorites so far:
Christmas At The Palace (Hallmark)
Christmas Everlasting (Hallmark)
Christmas In Love (Hallmark)
Christmas On Honeysuckle Lane (Hallmark Movie)
Once Upon A Christmas Miracle (Hallmark Movie--my favorite of the season)
Christmas Wonderland (Hallmark Movie)
Marrying Father Christmas (Hallmark Movie)
Christmas Belle (Lifetime)
A Christmas Prince 2: Royal Wedding (Netflix)

Last night Hallmark ran The Most Wonderful Time of the Year at 11 p.m. Set auto tune, fell asleep before it started. Grrr. No, not a 2018, but a fav of mine.
I have watched a lot of the Hallmark movies, don't get the other Hallmark channel, but also Lifetime has some new ones, as does the UP channel. I think Lifetime has perhaps bought some older Hallmark movies.
I liked A Very Nutty Christmas on Lifetime - new 2018
Also The Christmas Pact - tho I thought the very last scene at end was not up to snuff

I know some of the 2018 new movies that I have already seen on Hallmark are being rerun this month.....so what I may have missed will get another shot........

I think, for Christmas, I will gift myself with a DVR or something to record. LOL

I agree about the "underwhelmed". Very disappointing. I started to watch one yesterday about a 10 year high school reunion. They were acting like 12 year olds. I couldn't watch. I did see one last night that was OK. Fairly standard plot, but kind of sweet . Woman returns to small town to try to regain Christmas spirit. She reconnects with old friend and also brings an end to an old family feud between her father and her uncle. I don't remember the name, but I think the town was Christmas Creek?
Poirot, I've watched The Most Wonderful Time of the Year twice so far this season and will probably watch it again.

What I like about Hallmark Christmas movies is they have the characters actually celebrating the holiday! It isn't just a Christmas decorated background -- people are picking their trees, decorating, putting out stockings, fixing & eating cookies and Christmas dinner, and sometimes going to church.

Next year, Hallmark is responding to those of us who wrote asking for Hanukkah movies. The Festival of Lights is an important Jewish holiday and I want my children to understand it from a visual point of view. It has been ignored too long in Western television.

As for the plots: hey, I am so exhausted when everyone is sleeping and I finally have control of the remote that if it is a Christmas movie then I am watching it! Last night I watched AMC for White Christmas until 2am. Considering my alarm went off at 5am for errands, I consider that a good thing.

Noel, I just saw on Facebook that White Christmas is coming on TCM, I think on the 9th and 12th. (I'm not absolutely certain of the dates). I usually watch a little of it. I also look for The Shop Around the Corner but often miss some, if not all, of it.

Holiday Inn is on TCM right now.

Poirot, I say go for the DVR for yourself. My sister used to always give herself a Christmas gift. She said it was the only way she could be sure she got what she wanted. Lol.

"Shop" will be on TCM 12/16 at 6 a.m. and on Vhristmas Eve at noon..or 12:30..forget which

just watched new one...HomeGrown Christmas. Lori Loughlin & Victor Webster (was on Days some years ago as Nicholas Alamain) really liked it...

Yes I also just watched that new Hallmark movie and enjoyed it a little. By the time I got home only the last 15 minutes of Holiday Inn was playing. Live my Christmas lights and candles flickering as Christmas movies play.

ION television is also airing Christmas movies on the weekends. They are still playing Law and Order, Criminal Minds, CSI, NCIS on the weekdays, but scheduled holiday movies all through this month on the weekend. I think most of the holiday movies they are showing are some of the older Hallmark and Lifetime movies, although they are playing new ones Saturday and Sunday nights at 9pm. My mom puts them on because on the weekend, there is nothing else except football, and as she says, there is not much else on. I've checked out a few, but I am not impressed with a lot of them. They are very formulaic, and written like a teen romance. I did see part of one tonight called A Christmas Mystery that looked a little different than most of these and more interesting. I checked the schedule and it will be on a couple more times this month, so I may look at that one again. It's not a new one but it did look good.

Thanks, Jen, I will check it out. Christmas movies for a family at least are voud if unexpected violence or sexual scenes. I love family viewing.

Next year, Hallmark is responding to those of us who wrote asking for Hanukkah movies. The Festival of Lights is an important Jewish holiday and I want my children to understand it from a visual point of view. It has been ignored too long in Western television.

That's great news. They did one in 2012 called Hitched for the Holidays which was about a Jewish girl and Christian guy pretending to be each other's significant other during the holidays. You can guess the ending. But it represented Hanukkah very well. They also have a really great non-Christmas movie called Loving Leah that they play the rest of the year which deals with Jewish traditions and such.

just watched new one...HomeGrown Christmas. Lori Loughlin & Victor Webster (was on Days some years ago as Nicholas Alamain) really liked it...

I watched as well though I think I need a rewatch to capture anything I missed. It was really surreal seeing how much Victor Webster has changed since he was on Days. Also kind of odd to see him paired with Lori Loughlin.

My other issue with Hallmark is that they run and rerun all the 2017 and 2018 movies CONSTANTLY and then don't run the older movies at all. I have a lot of favorites from past years and am disappointed I won't get to see them this year.

Right now I'm watching It's Time to Come Home for Christmas with Josh Henderson on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. It's not terrible.

Thought the same, Heather, about Victor Webster. And I definitely agree about rerunning the same 2017/18 over and over. That is why I tried to find if new movies were elsewhere, and discovered they are,....on Lifetime and UP. I also read something about both station purchasing older HM movies....and realize that movies I had not seen before , maybe a few years old, on Lifetime or UP were originally on Hallmark when first shown.

Back