2019 Daytime Emmy Awards

Thank you and it says something strong about the fact that Daytime Emmy's are so important and good things that no station is willing to give up time to air the show......
Daytime's Biggest Night and good luck trying to stream it...... oh don't have strong internet..... to bad.....so sad.....

"DAYS" WINS OUTSTANDING CASTING EMMY!

Congratulations to Casting Directors Marnie Saitta and Bob Lambert on their Daytime Emmy win, the first for "Days" at tonight's Creative Arts Emmy Awards. This is the second time "Days" has won the Casting Emmy, having last won in 2017.

Two new contract roles were cast in 2018: Daytime Emmy nominee Linsey Godfrey as Sarah Horton and Thia Megia as Haley Chen. Major recurring roles cast in 2018 were Stacy Haiduk as Kristen & Susan and Daytime Emmy nominee Philip Anthony-Rodriguez as Miguel Garcia.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE "DAYS" MUSIC TEAM ON THEIR DAYTIME EMMY WIN!

Outstanding Music Direction and Composition for a Drama Series
Days of Our Lives NBC
Music Directors
Paul Antonelli, Steve Reinhardt
Composers
Ken Corday, D. Brent Nelson

"Days" won for its music in Episode #13281, which aired Monday, February 19, 2018. In the episode, Abigail reveals a new side of herself to Stefan, one that leaves him reeling. At the same time, the jig is up for John and he admits that he was trying to poison Steve, but only to buy time to save him. At the same time, Billie is caught by Pamela and there’'s a standoff... Inside the mausoleum, Paul and Will struggle to get free. Tripp and Ciara bond. Later, Tripp receives a surprise visitor.

It is the fifth win for "Days" in the Music category, having previously won in 1990, 1997, 2016 and 2017. This is the 8th overall Daytime Emmy for composer Ken Corday; the 4th Daytime Emmy for composer D. Brent Nelson; the 4th Daytime Emmy for music director Steve Reinhardt; and the 3rd Daytime Emmy for music director Paul Antonelli.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE "DAYS" MAKEUP TEAM ON THEIR DAYTIME EMMY WIN!

Outstanding Makeup for a Drama Series
Days of Our Lives NBC
Head Makeup Artist
Nick Schillace
Makeup Artists
Elizabeth Dahl, Karen Dahl, Deidre Decker

This is the sixth time "Days" has won a Daytime Emmy for Makeup. Its previous wins were in 1988, 1991, 1992, 1997 and 2012.

KEN CORDAY QUOTES FROM BACKSTAGE INTERVIEW ON THE "DAYS" MUSIC EMMY WIN.

"The music is the frame [of the show]...Our job is to frame it. We were lucky this year. We had some marvelous shows...We were dealing with someone who had three personalities, so you have to write three kinds of music in the same scene....Brent [Nelson] is a brilliant composer and Paul [Antonelli] is a brilliant music director. I'm just lucky I get to tag along with them for the last 30 years.

Thank you Jason. Many of us are unable to watch streaming services........(I do confess I do not know who Pamela & Billie are, lol...will have to go back in our summary archives and refresh my memory. LOL)

I remembered Pam, but honestly do not remember Billie Reed being on last year. Sigghhhhh! (I know Billie Reed, just thought, in that case, was someone else, since I just did not remember her being on the show. Oh, well...)

Well, I looked up Feb. 19, 2018, I wrote the summary, as I read, remembered it all, lol. And I can see why Days submitted that episode, because I started the summary ..........

Days of Our Lives
Monday, February 19, 2018

Don't miss this episode, if you can help it at all!!! Replay of Friday's endings, but greatly expanded, along with really eerie music. Hubby said all you need now is Bela Lugosi! LOL.

Good luck to the 18 Days nominees at Sunday's Daytime Emmy Awards. Days up for best series, writing team, directing team, plus 15 actors nominated.

57267549_1415954628546807_6324871270764642304_o.jpg

Outstanding Drama Series

Days of Our Lives NBC
Executive Producer
Ken Corday
Co-Executive Producers
Albert Alarr, Greg Meng
Producer
Janet Spellman-Drucker
Line Producer
Randy Dugan

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series

Marci Miller, as Abigail Deveraux DiMera
Days of Our Lives NBC

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series

Tyler Christopher, as Stefan DiMera
Days of Our Lives NBC

Billy Flynn, as Chad DiMera
Days of Our Lives NBC

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series

Kassie DePaiva, as Eve Donovan
Days of Our Lives NBC

Linsey Godfrey, as Sarah Horton
Days of Our Lives NBC

Martha Madison, as Belle Black
Days of Our Lives NBC

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series

Eric Martsolf, as Brady Black
Days of Our Lives NBC

Greg Rikaart, as Leo Stark
Days of Our Lives NBC

Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series

Olivia Rose Keegan, as Claire Brady
Days of Our Lives NBC

Victoria Konefal, as Ciara Brady
Days of Our Lives NBC

Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series

Lucas Adams, as Tripp Dalton
Days of Our Lives NBC

Kyler Pettis, as Theo Carver
Days of Our Lives NBC

Outstanding Guest Performer in a Drama Series

Philip Anthony-Rodriguez, as Miguel Garcia
Days of Our Lives NBC

Kate Mansi, as Abigail Deveraux
Days of Our Lives NBC

Thaao Penghlis, as Andre DiMera
Days of Our Lives NBC

Outstanding Writing Team for a Drama Series

Days of Our Lives NBC
Head Writer
Ron Carlivati
Writer
Ryan Quan
Breakdown Writers
Lorraine Broderick, Rick Draughon, Jeanne Marie Ford, Dave Ryan, Elizabeth Snyder
Script Editor
Fran Myers
Script Writers
Sheri Anderson, Joanna Cohen, Lisa Connor, Carolyn Culliton, Richard Culliton,
David Kreizman, Rebecca McCarty, Katherine Schock

Outstanding Directing Team for a Drama Series

Days of Our Lives NBC
Directors
Albert Alarr, Sonia Blangiardo-Goins, Grant Johnson, Scott McKinsey, Steven Williford
Associate Directors
Kevin Church, Michael Fiamingo, Joseph Lumer, Jenee Muyeau, Lugh Powers
Stage Managers
Francesca Bellini De Simone, Stuart Howard, Lucy Yalenian
Production Associates
Brenda Freedman, Jessica Harrison, Sara McCormick, Holly Metts

Back