2023 Preview

Ron Carlivati starts out there are big changes, adventure and romance.

Kate/Roman/Marlena/John/Kayla/Steve - He talks about that it's not a huge payoff when the three were
dying and no one dies. It's supposed to be a couple story. Will they kill one or more off? You have to
wait and see.

Alex/Stephanie/Chad - The writer started off bonding with Chad and Stephanie, but Chad wasn't ready
yet. Alex feels threatened by Chad and Stephanie's friendship. Alex does something to Chad and it has
devastating consequences.

Li/Gabi/Stefan/Chloe - Stefan brainwashed to hate Gabi. Chloe upset with Brady. But Gabi is one that
won't give up. Li isn't giving up on Gabi either.

Nicole/EJ/Eric/Sloan - Nicole and Eric know it's over between them. Eric and Sloan get closer. EJ and
Nicole get closer too. Nicole still has feelings for Eric. But with EJ she taps into her old ways while EJ
fights with Stefan for DiMera.

Will/Sonny/Leo - We've already seen Will upset being with Sonny friends with Leo. This will cause problems
for Sonny and Will.

Allie/Chanel/Johnny/Wendy/Tripp - Allie is threatened with Chanel and Johnny's friendship. Johnny and Wendy
get closer until Tripp comes back to Salem who likes Wendy.

Gwen/Xander/Sarah - Can Sarah stay married to someone who committed a crime that led to someone's
death? And Gwen helped Xander try to cover up things. It's Jack who helps out in this situation.

All three women will die and return, that is how it works in Salem. I don't think it will be over for just Kate. But who knows?

This means that they did not receive the second dose of the orchid antidote on time. And how many more doses will they need before they don't need it anymore? Thus freeing Brady.

With the impending disappearance, I think Brady will be off the hook. What will Kristen have over him to blackmail him anymore? So that will be a win, but as far as the ladies (Kate, Marlena, and Kayla) not sure how that will pan out with the new year.

I know that we'll be seeing Bo and Hope, back on screen very soon, so that should make things more lively. I did enjoy Thursday's and Friday's wedding episodes. It looked like Rafe and Jada are headed to possible coupledom in the near future. I think there will also be a lot of ripple effects coming from the fallout of the wedding reveal about Li, depends on where Ron takes it. I definitely think there will be more "adultness" in the coming new episodes probably with language and probably more racy with the sex scenes (I'm more of the persuasion that less is more).

I think the installments of Beyond Salem were a little bit of a teaser for what will be seen more of this coming year. I remember in the last installment, Hope reacted to some situation by saying, "Oh, sh@t" and it seemed the first installment was a little racy with the swingers party that Ben and Ciara ended up at. I'm still a little vexed as to why back in regular Salem we were treated, in depth, to the threesome that Alex, Allie, and Chanel had, unless somewhere down the line that will come back up in storyline, for some reason, say to drive a further wedge between Alex and Stephanie, when/if she finds out.

The thing is, Beyond Salem was NOT a part of regular Days show. And a great many of the viewing audience did NOT see those as a result. Thus, trying to incorporate happenings in those few Beyond shows into regular Days would leave a lot viewers puzzled as to what the blazes is going on.

That said........I have not seen or read anything that promises Bo & Hope will be back in Salem. Lots of speculation, but NO confirmation. (I know it is just me, but Days has been fine without them.) And if Re-Ron cannot write for Steve & Kayla, John & Marlena, I would not think Bo & Hope would be any different.

As to Days being "racier"......heck, Kristen seemed to have forgotten to wear a bra in Fri., 12.30/22 show, another inch or 2 and she would have been bare chested. LOLOL

Agree, Dr. B........why are those 3 still here? Tho Sloan, the nasty DA is evidently needed to babysit for some reason.

As to Kayla, Kate, & Marlena...........No idea why only Kate is mentioned as dying........unless the other 2 die a few days later??? Stupid. All 3 are rarely shown as it is, so ...........boy, it is too bad I no longer have an "insider" source. Things have changed a lot backstage. Cannot get over how tight lipped EVERYONE IS about anything.

They are shown in the winter preview (Bo, Hope, Ciara, and Hope's new man) Although they may not start in Salem, pretty sure they'll end up there, and Steve and someone else come face to face with Hope (I have to go back and watch again)

Here's the picture of Miranda Wilson (Megan Hathaway) with the cast; she's between Greg Vaughan (Eric) and Stephen Nichols (Patch).

Here's the thread it came from, back in November:

JPI_dool11822_0002004457-scaled.jpg

Back