3/11/2024 - Donuts and On the Road Again

Boomer seems a lot better this morning. We went outside for his potty time. He peed and pooped. I intended to pick him so he didn't have to climb the steps, but as soon I had the door open he went up the steps with no problem. He ate some food. Since it's Chilly this morning he is doing doggy day care at the vet.

43 extremely chilly and windy degrees. But the sun is out now, so that is a good thing.

OC: Enjoy your day's events.

rfsexton: Great news about Boomer! Animals are resilient.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week.

1710172172668.jpeg

Good morning to all.... the time change thingie is really annoying..... let me just say that.......
Going to play with boxes today the storage place has offered us a bigger unit so we can move into it at some point this month.... it's current occupant hasn't paid the bill and the unit will be auctioned off.... currently we are paying for two smaller units waiting for a big one to open....HB is a pack rat and has "important" papers from 1968 in boxes in the unit.... but as you can imagine those boxes have seen better days so we are going to move them into new bankers boxes this afternoon so we can move them more efficiently when the time comes. We will have 48 hours to get things moved when we are told we are moving. I get to move again!! fun....not....

I have to get to the store today to get something to eat too.... sort of tired of tossed together what nots....will get just enough for today and tomorrow so I can get the Wednesday ad....

Good Monday to all...

Boomer did fine at Doggy Daycare
He sent a pee mail in the lobby while I was paying daycare and the special dog food. When we got home we did potty walk and more pee plus poop
Up the steps on his own. The new meds are not a cure but are improving quality of life

Hi everybody. In the office doing reports after a morning at a local preschool. Woohoohoo...I get to sit in "a big people's chair" instead of those teensy tiny toddler chairs that you need a crane to get out of.

It was slow going coming to work this morning since the roads weren't treated. The sun has come out and is finally melting all of the ice and snow. At least it'll be easy going on the way home.

I didn't sleep well last night. I guess I was too concerned about getting up on time this morning.

rf - It is good to here that Boomer's meds are working.

robinsnest - I probably would've knocked off HB a long time ago.

It sunny and in the 60s this afternoon with flakes of "snow". "Snow" has in pear tree blooms blown all over.
My neighbor has two trees and my front yard, driveway and the street is covered with white petals.

I changed my plans for the week since I have PT two times this week. I was suppose to go to Newcomers in
the AM and circle group at lunch time. I cancelled both of them. I went to church this morning and I'll be home
all day tomorrow. After lunch, I raked up leaves in the front. I'm almost done on that side. I'll be out again
Tues afternoon since it will be sunny and in the 70s. Wed I have PT so no outside time.

rf, I'm glad Boomer is doing better and had a good time at Doggy Care.

OC, I hope you got all your errands done today.

robin, I would have accidently burned a lot of those boxes. I'm glad you can you can get a bigger unit.

rs, I'm glad most of the winter stuff will be gone when you go home.

Wilde Woman, enjoy the sunshine. How are the pigeons doing?

I hope everyone has a nice rest of the day.

I left home at 10:30, got home at 5:00. Stopped at six places, including Wal-Mart and United. Drove over 100 miles and walked a couple of thousand steps (yes, I wore my counter). I want to go to bed so bad(ly) right now I can hardly stand it. I did enjoy most of the day though. The weather was mild and nice except a little too breezy. I saw a friend in Wal-Mart and we visited for a good while. We've known each other since birth (about two weeks apart in age and families were friends) but hardly see each other except in Wal-Mart and that happens surprisingly often. A younger lady (younger than us, as most people are) came along and was wearing a sweatshirt that indicated she was from out my way (lives at the river a few miles downstream from me, where I have to go to cross the river), so we introduced ourselves and had a good chat with her. She teaches school in town and turns out her husband's g-uncle was married to my g-aunt so we have some cousins in common, though we aren't related to each other. Ah, rural living in the south!

Have a good evening, everyone. My supper is about warmed up in the toaster oven.

Welcome home OC..... we spent 3 windy hours changing boxes from crumpled into better boxes so we will be able to move them all fairly quickly when we get the go ahead.... did have some skuffles over throwing things out....mainly stuff from the medical boxes.... that sat in the garage in Scottsdale for two + years... the tubes were no longer squishy they had dried out, tossed not gonna try to re-constitute it.... but overall things must moved stuff from A to B so when we get room C we can go quickly....

My hands are so sore.... I will have the right one in a brace tonight and the left one coated in bengay....

but before that dinner is to be fixed.....

Robin, I need to clean out my storage buildings like you're doing but I'm afraid I'm more like HB when it comes to getting rid of things. It's not good.
I feel bad for you about you hands. A month or so I had some trouble with my hands and I was afraid I was getting what you have. My fingers went down hard and stiff and I thought I was never going to get them to open up. This happened a couple of times. I don't know what it was. I have a lot of trouble with muscle cramps so I thought maybe it was that. It was very painful. I wish there were some way you could get some relief. I marvel at the way you continue to get so much done in spite of those excruciating symptoms.

Back