3/13/2024 - Donuts and Scrambled eggs with bacon

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I forgot to get milk at the store, well, actually they were out of "my" milk and I didn't go to a store yesterday so today's breakfast is a bit heartier than a bow of cheerio's.
I attended via zoom the HOA meeting for our family cabin, last night. That's my job attend the meetings and take notes for the family. It's interesting to see a group of 7 control a bunch of cabins. But then I don't want to run for any position on the board so I'll just take notes.

Today I'd like to get some planting done. I am going to move my October mum back outside, till the weekend when the temps drop below freezing again. I couldn't believe the number of them I saw tossed out after Thanksgiving, I cut mine back and it's coming back strong, but not strong enough to withstand freezing temps. Today's plantings will wait in the house till we no longer have over night freezes. I'm getting quite good at carrying them all out in the early morning and back in at night.

I hope all is going well with everyone.... The Dish man can fix OC's tv issues...

Happy Wednesday...

Hi everybody. Another beautiful day in the neighborhood with sunshine and temps near 60*F. Like robinsnest's weather, the temps will start sliding and rain will return for the weekend.

School was quick this morning with no fuss. The director is definitely on the ball! I wish all of them were.

Gotta go. Having a lunch at the office so the clients who attend the support group can say goodbye to my friend who is retiring and hello to the person taking her director's position.

It's sunny and in the 70s. Too warm this time of year. Tomorrow chance of thunderstorms.
Cooler rest of the week.

A busy day going to Bible study and after lunch I went to my first PT. Today it was just figuring
how well I do stuff and when you're finished I'm assuming they compare at the end. I did a lot
of balancing on my legs. The last thing wasn't fun. An exercise to work on my balance with my
head. It wasn't too bad.

Today and tomorrow is parent/teacher conference. I'll be taking Fenix out twice since his mom
will be home later both days. Next week, spring break. No Bible class or taking dog out.

robin, good luck with the planting.

rs, I'm glad your school today was an easy one.

OC, I hope the dish man was able to get your TV going again.

I hope everyone is enjoying their day.

O.C. Did the DISH tech figure out what was causing your outages? Glad you had a lot of taped programs to tide you over the sudden bumps in the road.

We had sunshine most of the day, currently has clouded over. Also was in upper 50s, which was nice, but we are dropping back down in low 40s, even 30s for next 10 days or so. They also took out the slight chance of rain.......it figures. We had barely any snow all winter......guess the lack of precipitation continues.It sure looks dismal out there now.

There is another home going up across the way, but it sure is taking long. No one shows up for several days. then comes a day, busy, busy, busy.........and then it all goes dead again. LOL. But the framework has begun.

robin, I hope the weather isn't too bad for you. I get it tomorrow.

Robin, that's weird that certain words are spelled the same but have a different context...those grammatically have a word for that but I can't remember it.

@katmouse I thought you might find it interesting that all of our city staff, including library staff are going on strike tomorrow. They haven't had a pay increase for over 5 years. It could be a while and a lot of people are mad. 970 staff members just at the libraries.

Robin..........always said our language is really so difficult ...especially for those tryin to learn English. and then we have things like bear & bare, hare & hair. pane & pain..

Mrs. Clean interesting news about the city strike. You would think the ones in charge would have done
something sooner. I'm assuming trash won't be picked up either.

My daughter has taught English as a second language to high school and college students for the past 25 years. She teaches young people from all over the world and loves it. It's fun hearing her talk about different languages and cultures. I think most people agree that English is one of the more difficult languages to master. It's remarkable that so many people learn it as well as they do.

It was a long and stressful day. The Dish tech was here for over two hours. Nothing went the way it looked like it would go. I had to get the Hopper, which I'd been fighting for ten years. I do have tv but I don't know how to do much of anything with it. A whole new format.

OC, sorry you had to get something new for TV viewing. Will you be able to watch the shows you already recorded?
Will the dish stay in place better?

I ended up teaching asrction of ESL
Refugees from Nepal to start. One groupk to 4th grade. Not at all "Best Practices."
The principal set it that way. My 2nd grade social studies class was combined with a 3rd grade class. No materials except the test I had to give. I bought a book that had reproducibles to start. The principal found a little set of reading books.

If TEA had visited the campus since we were already in trouble with them it would have been quite the scene. The charter system the school was in was a mess already. The state ended shutting them down at the end of th

Back