3/19/24 - Donuts and Cold Morning

Happy first day of Spring..... yesterday's drive was uneventful.... got to the bank.... I bank with Chase and they have branches in Kansas City, Kansas and an ATMs elsewhere in the state but nothing near me..... got the banking done, went to a pet food place so Vinnie could get out walk around after the 3 hour drive smell some stuff, see people all his favorite things.... then to dinner with my niece... who couldn't believe we'd drive 3 hours just to eat with her.... had a great dinner and then drove home.... the drive home was semi uneventful.....it was an okay to burn day so we saw fields burning on the way up, but after dark the smoke covered the road making my eyes burn along with my nose and lungs.... HB hasn't recovered his smell since his bout with COVID so he couldn't tell it was smoke just something burning his eyes..... after we passed through the fire we had a smooth ride home.... watched the evening news and then off to bed.....
Vinnie is at Day care and I'm about to vacuum and do the floors.....
spring.JPG
Happy first day of spring.....

Another chilly morning for walking. It's sunny and in the 60s. Warmer tomorrow. Rain is gone
for this week, but in forecast next week.

I went to Pt this morning and I got the summary up early today. This week is spring break in
my area. I get a break too since Fenix's mom is off. They went to visit her parents.

rf, I hope the weather isn't bad for you this week.

robin, I'm glad you had a good drive and nice dinner yesterday. Enjoy the Vinnie free afternoon.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

Good afternoon everyone. Finally back in the office after a long school day. Now waiting for my IRA manager to call to talk me through filling out some paperwork that we couldn't do online when I met with him in person 2 weeks ago.

It was 24* when I left for work this morning with 2 more inches of snow. The worst part was the nasty freezing wind.

Spring is a day earlier on the calendar because we had 29 days in February.

cold and windy here, but the sun is shining!Had a dr. appt. this morning (ear dr.) then after I returned home, had lunch out with a friend, It reached 43 but felt like 35. LOL
I need a haircut so badly, wasn't happy with the last two....(my gal moved away, so trying to find a good replacement is not easy)
tried to fix a problem with new glasses, thought I needed the doctor, but got informed I have to check with the place I got my glasses. However, they do send the glasses elsewhere. Frustration!

I don't usually notice or pay attention to National--whatever day it is. But I happened to notice today is National Agriculture Day so in my way of thinking, that's worth mentioning.

EEK, Squirrel, all that snow! I was just about to suggest maybe the early date for spring was due to the leap year. I didn't know if that was a reasonable idea but I'll definitely take your word for it.

Mild and sunny here today. I have a big cargo trailer parked next to my house and I use it for an extra storage space--for things I need to get to more often. (Only one small closet in my house). But it's gotten so full and out of control, I almost can't get in it or find anything. I just now spent about half an hour or so cleaning out a few things. At least it made a dent, albeit a small one. If I would do that every now and then it would eventually make a real difference.

Earl has a friend. I saw them out front the other day, chasing around after each other. But haven't seen the friend come around back to where I feed the birds--and Earl. I was not happy with Earl this morning. He was up in a bird feeder that I have hanging from a shepherd's hook pole. I quit hanging any feeders for a few years because the raccoons would climb up and trash them so I finally put this one out last year and it was undisturbed (except for birds) until this morning. Now I know he'll never stop so it will probably come down before long. It's time to put out hummingbird feeders and that's where I usually put one. I'm wondering if the squirrel will go after that too.

Poirot, I too am in desperate need of a haircut and have put it off because I was not pleased with the last two, though not a new person in my case. I have no reason now to believe she'll do better the next time. ..... Frustration with glasses, ugh!

Sexton, 16 miles from a violent storm is too close but I'm glad it missed you.

Kat, it's nice you get a break from dog duties!

Robin, 3 hours is a long drive for a dinner but some nieces are worth it. I'm sorry HB didn't get his smell back. I guess it could be an advantage sometimes, like with the fire. For me, it might mean fewer migraines but I wouldn't want to have to find out.

Wilde Woman, I know you like cooler weather so I'm going to go out on a limb and say enjoy your current temperatures.

Back