3/2/24 - Donuts and Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

rfsexton

Reaction score
Good morning. Today is Dr. Seuss' birthday.
My favorite books by him are Green Eggs and Ham and Hop on Pop

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss.... you provided many happy hours of reading giggles over the years..... One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish some are deeply ingrained on the brain.....

I'm a Grinch fan so The Grinch who stole Christmas would be my favorite. The animated version from 1966 is the only one I'll watch.....

One more night of working the wrestling match.... slightly and only ever so much better than working at the schools..... something about well built young men in wrestling singlets warming up or cooling down walking by you as they take laps around the arena where I'm sitting.... that's the better part, people watching.....

Hope everyone is able to get their Saturday errands done without challenges today.....

My former son-in-law was a wrestler in H.S. My daughter was a cheerleader, so needless to say, I saw a few of the matches back then. Definitely not a sport of which I was a fan. I really did not and still do not like to watch. (and he was very good at it, was 3rd in STATE! Glad he also played football, as that was something I could watch. LOL

It's sunny and in the 70s this afternoon. Sunday will be close to 80. Cool down middle
of next week.

I'm staying in this afternoon to clean since I'll have several afternoons to go out.

robin, have a good afternoon watching the young men.

I hope everyone has a nice afternoon.

Dr-Seuss-some-characters-postage-stamp-2004.jpg

When my oldest niece was a toddler, she loved Hop on Pop. Reading it once would not cut it. They lived with my parents....I was still in college and living at home. My Dad decreed who ever started reading it to her would read it as many times as she wanted to hear it. I tried a different book. She pushed the book away and said, "NO! Hop Pop!" which was what she called it.

A fellow teacher and I did Green Eggs and Ham in play format for my special ed class. I was Sam..... I played him over the top

Back