3/29/24 - Donuts and Good Friday

Good Friday--a good time for reflection, if anyone so inclined has a quiet moment today. I did some paperwork this morning and have narrowed my goals for the day down to four specific tasks. It would be nice if I got more done but I'll be happy if I accomplish that much. Just trying to get some of the clutter calmed down before son and family come tomorrow.

Everyone hold onto your hats if you got out today. Sounds like the wind is everywhere. It's cloudy and windy here, in the 60s* right now but is supposed to get into the 80s* later. The sun was bright on the horizon at 7:30 but quickly disappeared behind the clouds.

Beautiful Lily, Wilde Woman.

Robin, I hope your energy has returned. You always hit the ground running.

Sexton, I hope you nap well and have an uneventful evening at the youth home. (I don't know what it's like there but I'm thinking uneventful would be a good thing).

Wishing everyone a good day and a fine weekend, whatever your plans may be.

It's sunny, windy and will be in the 70s later. It's going to be a nice weekend.

I went to church today to get it ready for Easter Sunday. I'll be doing PT later.

rf, I hope you have a good evening at work.

robin, I hope you're feeling better this afternoon.

Wilde Woman, beautiful flower.

OC, enjoy your visit with your family.

Wishing everyone a nice afternoon and blessed weekend.

It was 10° this a.m. around 6, but by 7:30 it was 22 °, yes sunshine, just a very slight breeze so far.......but what a shock as it is 12:30 and up to 41° !! Am guessing now this will have some snow melting. We got more snow Sun & Monday, than we had accumulated all winter! Yep, plus it was so windy, places with huge drifts.....gonna be a long time melting those. But, right now, streets are clear, and the walkways and driveways, which had been shoveled, are all dry and clear. Truly, a wacky winter.
Good Friday means no meat for me.....I tried to buy some fish the other day at the store, but all gone. So since I have a couple cheese pizzas in the freezer, that may do it.......or......I might make macaroni & tunafish.......We'll see. Gotta say......much different for me, cooking for just one. I know some of you have been at it longer than me...There are things I can make that I can freeze some for another day, but Friday meals are not one of them. LOL

You know, I have shrunk a bit, yes, it happens when you get older. But it's about 1/2 to 1 inch, thus my jeans and slacks are longer, acually a couple hit the floor. And mind you, they are petites to begin with.
And now I will quit this babble, as am sure the guys here are rolling their eyes. But hey, guys shrink as well as they get older. My hubby lost 3...........yes THREE inches in height. If my flat shoes had any kind of platform sole, we were either same height or I was slightly taller. Am lovin the sunshine, tho I am keeping blinds closed, as the sun reflecting off snow........hard on the eyes.
Take care, have a good day.

Good afternoon everyone. A sunny but cold windy day here, too. I haven't even been outside yet to get my newspaper from the paper delivery box that is next to my mailbox.

Had mac & cheese for lunch. Thank goodness for the Bob Evans microwave tubs. There's still enough left to have it with my dinner later.

Poirot, I've lost a half inch so far. I kept telling the doctor's new nurse that I was shrinking so she finally measured me in February.
I've also lost 25 pounds since Christmas by being taken off oral steroids. I only have 3 pairs of pants that fit. I don't want to buy more until I quit losing weight.

Robin, minus the rabbit ears, that could be one of mine. Cute. Have I mentioned that I love cows? I'd love to see Vinnie coming face-to-face with my cows. I don't know who would be the most frightened, the Beast or the cows!

Poirot, I used to make tuna casserole all the time. Haven't done it in ages. Yeah, not something to make for one person.

Squirrel, I hope you don't lose too much weight like I did. (Mine didn't involve steroids but probably some supplements). But I'm thinking you won't. Getting off the steroids is a good thing, when possible. Still, finding clothes to wear can be a challenge.

Sexton, I hope you got your nap.

Kat, you do a good job of rearranging your activities as needed. I hope your PT is going well.

Hey, O.C. don't know if we are talking same thing. MY mac & tuna fish is a cold dish. Yours sounds like oven???

I just boil some creamettes, heck, just a handful or two.......When done and rinsed, a can of tunafish, a few well chopped onion slices. A bit of mayo, then I add ranch dressing, lol. Into the frig, and yum for dinner. fast & easy. Some prefer mayo only, which I did at first, but Ranch seems to add more flavor, spice......whatever ones likes.

Yes, definitely different. Yours sounds like a tuna salad. Mine is a casserole. The ranch dressing would be good. I do make tuna salad sometimes but use mayo and had not thought to try ranch dressing. I sometimes put chopped celery in mine. I used to put chopped green olives and some cubed cheese. By the way, what are creamettes? I've never heard that word before.

Can't believe it is not sold in your area...famous brand....small elbow noodles, always use for mac & cheese.......and yes, sometimes I also add chopped celery to the tuna salad. :)

1711804645317.png

Back