3-5-18 - Donuts & a Happy Birthday

Noel

Reaction score
recipe-image-legacy-id--1273545_8.jpg

Sending the happiest of birthday wishes to our Jason DiSpeech! Thanks for all you do for Salem Spectator fans, Jason. Wishing you a great celebration today!

hpjason.jpg
cute-birthday-cake

Starting my Days at Bravo with tea and breakfast. Hoping to see my favorite before time to leave for work in less than an hour. Wishing each of you a good Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning and a very happy birthday to Jason. Your summaries are much appreciated!

Those cakes look so delicious. Time for my mid-morning snack. If I had cake I would eat it.

I got about 2/3 of the way through with my tax information organizing yesterday afternoon. That was an encouragement. I was beginning to get concerned I wouldn't be able to get it done. We have sunshine today but lots of wind. Time for me to get back to the nursing home so I'd better start getting ready.

Wishing everyone a good Monday.

Happy Birthday, Jason !!!

(I'm sorry that I can't post a cake picture. The IT guys have blocked a lot of stuff now.)

This was a long weekend for me. Power went out during the storm last week, and it became very cold in my house that night. Thank goodness the power came on early the next morning. There are still some folks in the northern part of my county who still don't have electricity.

I had a lot of yard clean up to do with all of the big branches that came down. At least the trees that came down had the courtesy to fall in the woods. :)

While dragging the big branches, I put my back out and popped something in my neck. I'm still hurting, but moving a little better after spending yesterday with microwaved heating pads on my back and neck.

I watched Darkest Hour yesterday, and I highly recommend it. That and Dunkirk are the two best WWII period movies that I've seen in a long time.

A Guy, I'd rather he not do both the same time too, for every reason you've mentioned and more. I also doubt his doctor will agree. He is afraid if he does it once, he won't want to do the other leg due to the hassle involved with the first knee. I shall just wait and work with the decision that is made.

I may call on you Dr. AGuy, but ONLY after you've spent time at the local Holiday Inn Express.

Happy Birthday Jason. I hope you have an awesome day! Your cakes look delicious!

We had a gorgeous Saturday so we took a long walk. Sunday afternoon we drove over to the Coeur d'Alene lake and saw so many boats on the lake. Must be boats that are moored somewhere because all the boat launches were frozen over. It was snowing really hard also.

Came back to Spokane and it was really nice. Crazy spring weather.

Very busy again today at work. Have a great day

f27ae15548e567bc4cb808b6bbda5fae.jpg

Happy birthday Jason.

I am so sick of snow!!! We've had nothing but snow, snow, snow. Like the rest of Canada and northern U.S. It is crazy the amount of snow everywhere is getting.

Just a quick pop in. It's our first day in our new building so getting everything sorted out.

Last few shows of Mary Poppins were "Practically Perfect". The party was fun and went to 4am then back to the theatre for noon to take down the sets, clean the backstage, organize costumes and clean the dressing rooms. Was a long day.

Been doing a lot of catch up on here. Have a great day everyone.

A busy Monday here. I washed clothes, the dog cover for the couch and
cleaned house. The forecast changed today so I had sun and no rain. After
lunch, I worked in the flowerbed. I put down the last bag of mulch
I have.
I'll be going out Wed to buy more.

Muzzaman, you can still send some snow my way.

rs, I hope you're feeling better after your yard cleanup.

OC, I hope your visit went well today.

I hope everyone has a good evening.

On my last break for a busy Monday. A little tired after rising earlier than usual to have time for Days on Bravo.

Spent my lunch on the phone with my phone service and WiFi provider to drop levels so it would lower our bills. That is always such a pleasant experience but total savings are now over $50 monthly.

A short night planned with a simple dinner. Time for all of us to catch up on our restful sleep. Thinking of you all.

What a day,....sure hope Jason is having a great birthday, despite being Monday. Fabulous cakes....And Muzza even found one with Wisconsin....:)

Well, our storm has not yet begun, lucky for me, though the wind is very nasty, and there are parts of MN already under siege.

I left home at about 9:35 for my 10 a.m. appt., ordered to arrive 15 min. ahead. LOL. So, I am there at 9:45 and they entire medical clinic and hospital have a power outage. Thus their computers were not working, of course, nor were other various machines of course. So, I wait, as they were not sure when power would be restored. Some patients were being seen, lol, not needing electric. So I see the audiologist come out to talk to a man, who arrived after I did, telling him about being unable to test, blah, blah.

Well, about 10:20 power comes on, and of course takes a while for all those computers to get back up and running, The guy comes out, calls that man in. I go and check to make sure I am checked in, since I was there first. Well, after 1/2 that man comes out, the guy calls in another man. It is after 11. I go back to reception, don't know why people whose appts., have to be after mine are being called in ahead, 2nd one now. One of the gals says perhaps something is haywire with his machinery, and those patients were having different tests than me. Hmmm. They apologize, perhaps I can wait a bit longer. So, finally, 11:30, my turn. LOL

(I get home, hubby says they called to tell me power out, he says I am already gone. So am thinking they called others, who then delayed their arrivals???)

Anyway, do have a mild hearing loss, but not necessitating hearing aids. And since I can hear conversation, talk to people with no problems, phone, etc. figures my hubby has acute hearing, thus wants the TV so low. He suggested something that might help the home situation....sounds like what OC has for her TV when she & her hubby watched different things. He apologized for my long wait, told him I waited 14 months for an appt.

They had already given away my April appt. that was cancelled when I took this one, so I would have been waiting another year. LOL Egads. And then, by the time I got out, a friend I was to see, her hubby is in nursing home, developed a problem, well....she could not now meet up with me......we have so little chances.......so went to store for lightbulbs, but got a few things more as the storm was still coming.

I forgot Troy was on West Coast, the summary probably won't be up til pretty late, but thank goodness he volunteered. O.K. that is enough of my novel. LOL

What a crazy day today has been. I'm exhausted.

Poirot - I'm glad you made it home before the weather turned bad.

Noel - way to cut the budget. I hope the rest of your day is more peaceful.

Muzz - great Wisconsin cake. Congratulations on your successful shows.

I have to share with you all. Remember how I said on Friday that Gena's afraid of clowns? Well, after the circus, which overall she/we loved, she complained that there weren't enough clown acts in the show. Apparently she just doesn't like clowns when they are close. She likes them from far away.
:rotfl:

Now we're planning to go see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat at our church this weekend. It should be fun, and we know about half the cast from church.

Jason, Happy Birthday. Here's a snowman-themed cake because the weather hyenas are now calling for accumulating snow here on Wednesday. After all the rain and very high winds that happened last Friday, this is adding insult to injury.

34-birthday-cakes-omaha-beautiful-amazing-frosty-the-snowman-cake-of-34-birthday-cakes-omaha.jpg

On the subject of now, by the time, March arrives here, most people stop thinking about snow and start looking forward to spring, but a few of the worst area storms have happened in March, most notably the famous Blizzard of 1888. If the writers ever allowed such a storm to hit Salem, a large portion of the under-dressed population would die of hypothermia.

9999732.gif

Right now, Ciara would probably like to bury
bratty Claire under this 1888 snow pile.

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

40 is feeling fabulous so far....

I worked today but only saw 1 patient. Lots of cancels due to the coming snow. That meant I got home before the storm!

Trivia team took first place (we usually do but tonight with lots of room between us and second). We're first ranked in the tournament now. :)

I have to share with you all. Remember how I said on Friday that Gena's afraid of clowns? Well, after the circus, which overall she/we loved, she complained that there weren't enough clown acts in the show. Apparently she just doesn't like clowns when they are close. She likes them from far away.
:rotfl:

Now we're planning to go see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat at our church this weekend. It should be fun, and we know about half the cast from church

Don't ever let Gena read IT or see the movie IT. LOL! If she has any fear of clowns this will definitely terrify her away from clowns forever!! LOL!
Joseph is such a great musical with great songs. I've been apart of this production twice and have had fun both times. I'm sure you will love it!!

Back