3-7-2018 - Donuts & Warm Breezes

Noel

Reaction score
Good Morning,

I am sitting on the patio in my PJs drinking a nice cup of tea. There is a quiet gentle warm breeze coaxing Spring to bloom in the desert. The sky is filled with stars and there is a faint call of a dove in the wind. I plan on enjoying this until my eyes, mind and heart are filled with its beauty.

Tonight, after work, at church we are going to a poor church in town to clean, decorate, and do lawn work before hosting a dinner for the members. It is a gentle way to teach children the true value of every human soul in God's eyes. We will choose one church a month until Thanksgiving weekend.

Wishing each of you safe travels if you live in the path of the nor'easter or other weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning everyone. I awoke to a beautiful winter wonderland this morning, and went out at 5:30 to clean 4 inches of snow off my car. The temperature is supposed to reach 40 today so this gorgeous snow will turn into a mushy watery mess. :cry:

With the other storm raging up the east coast, our offices in the Philadelphia suburbs are closing today. Most of the employees have to take mass transit to get to work, and that's all shut down for the storm.

Noel - that's a very special thing to do for the other churches.

If anyone watched NCIS last night, please tell me why the poison cookies were sent in the care package. I fell asleep about half way through the show, and woke up in the middle of NCIS: New Orleans. Before I was all of the way awake, I couldn't figure out what the New Orleans folks were doing in Virginia. :rotfl:

What I saw of the untreated PTSD story line was sad, but well done.

Last edited:
Good snowy morning.....yes, it is snowing again up here, after getting nearly a foot of new snow Mon/Tues. And we already had about 3 feet on the ground. I have a wrought iron patio table and chairs on the little patio, and between all the snow and drifting, the table and chairs are completely buried. Yes, you all know the height of a table, so the snow under is up to that. Then there is a huge mound on top. Chairs buried as well. The wind has died down, so this snow is just falling straight down. Sigghhhh.

@squirrelly........on NCIS........the soldier's wife sent the cookies as she was having an affair with the radical radio/TV host. They were sent in a round about manner so as supposedly not lead back to her.....but...we all know NCIS.

Ohhh, at the end, Drew Carey went to meet his adult daughter, scared of her rejecting him, but sucked it up. That gal (the profiler) drove him, and waited in the car. She has some kind of issues as well.

Snow is coming in big flakes, was not expecting this at all. When all this begins to melt, will be a wet, puddles, lakes, yukky mess. In the past, with heavy snow cover, as the north melted, rivers that flow into the Mississippi had it overflowing it's banks, and causing problems down stream, in Missouri, Memphis, etc.

Muzza, was working a crossword, and one clue was "Calgary Stampede". I thought of you instantly, so knew it had to be "rodeo". LOL

Morning all.

It will be a terrific day outside today here. Sadly I'll be trapped inside till 5, then will have to pack up the car for the Bonsai swap meet. I have been taking care of a former member's trees, waiting for a time to sell them. The time is today. The former member received terrible conformation of what he thought was happening (dementia) and gave his trees to the club so he could move back to Minnesota to be near his daughters. The trees will go to a good home tonight.

Be safe in the storm.

Morning Everyone,

RS - You were right, (sorry Poirot, but she was having and affair with the brother, not the radio guy) the wife and brother used the radio guy to set up Drew Carey's character to try to throw off the NCIS team. They were busted as they used the computer at the American Legion to print the shipping label and all the computers had video surveillance. I have it on my DVR. I'd pass it along if I was able. I haven't watched Bull or NCIS New Orleans yet, I went to bed after NCIS. Stay safe in all the snow.

Noel - what a wonderful thing for your church to do.

JS - now that's funny!!

Robin - how sad for your club member, but it's good that he'll be with his daughters. And what a great donation for the club.

So my mom called yesterday and wants to take Gena to Disney World this summer for vacation. I'm super excited for her, but Gena's not sure if she wants to go, as mom (me) wouldn't be going along. I told her she should go and have fun, as I have no idea when she'd have another chance to go. My mom wants to sign her up for breakfast or lunch with the princesses and a princess makeover, all the really big expensive stuff. Please, if you can say a little prayer that Gena will be brave and go on this once in a lifetime trip.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
How is your mom taking Gena to Disney World, but not going along??? Confused here. Guess in more ways than one! I got phone call, so guess I got confused at NCIS as well.

You're right JS, I probably should have worded it better, and made a note to make it clearer. Gena will be going with Nana & Papa (aka Grandma & Grandpa), and I will be staying home. She always does fine once she's gone, but convincing her of that ahead of time is a challenge.

Good afternoon to all. Warm breezes are the last thing we're getting today. It's cold, rain, and slop right now as the TV weather hyenas keeping talking about the ever-shifting rain-snow line. On other subjects:

Perhaps the NCIS people from New Orleans who ended up in Virginia are as confused about geography as the Days writers who once gave the viewers forests in Greenland and a mid-winter cruise to the South Pacific that started in Toronto.

As for Disney World, we did that twice way back when our children were kids. It was a good time, but anyone who goes there quickly realizes that one thing is left out of the happy ads for the place -- the long lines. Overall, I preferred Universal. I liked their faux 1950s street better than Disney's version of an 1890s avenue, which unlike the real thing was blessedly free from what comes out the back ends of horses. I also got a kick out of seeing Norman Bates's home from Psycho decorated with Christmas lights. Who knew that homicidal Norman had some Christmas spirit?

Manda - could you show Gena some of the neat things at Disney World? I've spent the weekend there in December for the past 3 years. I broke down and got the Fast Pass bracelet and then made sure to book a time as soon as I was able for the rides I/we wanted. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is AMAZING. The little girls are so pretty afterwards. But then I had boys so dress up was totally different.

I will say a prayer for Gena. This will be so fun for grandma and granddaughter.

RS - yes, the gal at the post office was his daughter. :)

Robin - I was showing her pictures last night. I think she's leaning on the side of going, but I'm not sure yet. If they go, I'll mention to my mom about the fast pass bracelet. I know they are planning to work with a travel agent, so the agent may suggest that anyway. Thanks for the tip.

A cloudy, cold morning, but the sun is out now. I went to Lowe's and bought five bags of mulch.
I'll be getting more Friday. Then I took a bag of bubble wrap to UPS.

I enjoyed seeing Ducky on this week's NCIS episode.

Noel, enjoy your evening at the church.

rs, sorry to hear the snow is melting and causing a sloppy mess.

manda, I hope Gena will change her mind about going to Disney World without you.
Maybe she doesn't want you to miss out on the fun. Has she spent the weekend
with your mom before? Maybe she can do that before she goes. Disney encourages
grandparents come with kids. They might have a special program for that. You
need to contact Heather. She'll knows everything about Disney World.

I hope everyone has a good afternoon and evening.

Noel - your description of sitting out in the dark this morning was unreal. I could almost close my eyes and be there. I would have to had 6 layers of clothes on! LOL Have fun this evening,

Manda - I will keep Gena in my prayers too. We did that with our granddaughter 2 years ago. Ember had a ball, but I will admit when we walked into the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, she got kind of shy because there was so much going on and she asked if she could not have her hair done. I asked and they said no problem, so she did the make up, fingernails and picked out her dress. I could tell by her facial expressions she was scared, but after we got done and went outside you couldn't get her to shut up. I kind of knew she wouldn't let her hair get done because she hates her hair to be touched. She was only 5 too.

RS - hopefully your weather will stop thawing so fast. Stay warm

Have a great day

Back