3-8-3016 - Donuts & PreDawn

When I moved my dad into the condo from the house, he had some rifles and shotguns that he hadn't used since he had moved to Arizona a decade before. My brother wanted them so he could turn them into fire arms for theatre (as props). They were quite old and historic.

But my father thought that would be terrible to have some actor using his gun (firing pins removed of course). So he traded them for some work done in his garage. It would have been nice to go to "Annie Get your Gun" and see my dad's rifle on stage.

But instead he unloaded them to day-laborers who painted the floor of his garage. And don't even ask about why people paint the floor of their garage. It is a thing here in Arizona. Yet another weird thing in Arizona, painted garage floors.

images
images

Robin doing her thing when the couch was finally G O N E

Gosh, what happens to those lovely "painted garage floors" when oil drips, radiator leaks, gas spills, the bag of charcoal tips over, etc. etc. (I know in AZ they don't have to worry about salt & sand from snow covered, icy roads as I do, lol)

JS, that sand sounds like a good idea.

Poirot, I think you're right about some of those things being paint solvents. Once had a bottle of weed killer leak, and it actually ate away the concrete. My son used epoxy (?) on his floor. It had roughening chips in it, and was a pain to put on.

Back