4-16-2019 - Donuts & Cloudy Days

Noel

Reaction score
This morning the breeze is slightly cool as we are expecting cloudy skies and a drop in temperatures! I plan on cherishing it because in a day or two we are back to mid-90 temperatures. I look forward to viewing the sunset from my patio tonight now that the sunscreen material shades 3/4 of it daily.

For each of you I hope for a calm, maybe breezy, sunny day without a storm in sight. And maybe the scent of flowering trees or flowers gently beautifying your landscape. You all deserve a beautiful Spring -- and no more winter or storms! - before the 'dog days of summer' begin.

Make it the best day possible!

Good morning everyone. It is cool this morning with scattered rain today. We'll be lucky if we reach 50* today.

I get to go on an outing today with the client life skills group because the caseworkers need another sighted guide. We're going to an Easter bunny lane, a local chocolate factory tour, then a late lunch at a Dairy Queen that is a huge restaurant. (The owners are very good to our clients!) This is a nice group of clients, and I'm looking forward to spending most of the day with them.

It is amazing how the Notre Dame fire left so much untouched. The way that it was ravaging the cathedral, it seemed that there would be nothing left but a pile of smoking rubble. On Paris news on PBS3 last night, they were saying that the Angel of the Seine protected the rest of the building while the fireman worked. They were also lauding the bravery of the priest who kept running in to bring sacred and/or valuable items out of the building.

Noel - I bet you have gorgeous sunsets there. The beautiful colors in the sky that my brother gets in the southern California desert are so much different than what we get here. We're very lucky when we get the rare reds, pinks, and oranges at sunset instead of the usual grayish color sky.

It's going to be cloudy here today and in the 70s. Bible study this morning.
Flowerbed this afternoon.

rs, I saw on Twitter yesterday about all the fires in churches this month in France.
They keep saying the cathedral fire a construction accident, but it makes you
wonder since there were so many others. I hope someone in France is
investigating the other fires. Enjoy your outing today. It sounds like fun.

Noel, enjoy your afternoon on the patio. I wish I could do that. Too many bugs.

Wishing everyone the best day they possibly can.

Good morning! Sun is out, they are telling us 60° today, before sliding back down to 30s/40s Wed., Thurs., plus maybe rain tomorrow.

Yep, there have been a lot of Catholic churches deliberately set on fire in France the past few months, but the authorities are being emphatic this was accidental for Notre Dame. Who knows at this point? I would think it would be hard to tell so soon.
Going to be weird here with snow piles and 60 degrees. LOL
Laundry for me today.....
Whatever the day has in store for you.........Enjoy!

Yes the churches have bibles and ores destroyed, crosses defaced and torn down plus Islamic sayings written as graffiti on walls. My friend in France says the government is afraid to confront the issue because there may be violent uprisings. I too am suspicious about the cause of the fire and hope the true cause is revealed.

Last edited by a moderator:
My dad needs heart surgery and is scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning. I didn't take this new very well but I know it's something that has to be done. My sister will be with my parents and they will be an hour away from me. Parents and sister don't want me stay at home alone so I'm staying with my favorite aunt and she is taking Wed-Fri off. I imagine she will spoil me bit. Not sure how often I will pop in, my aunt does have a laptop.

RKN: we will be praying for your Dad, family and you. The people in Donuts are deeply caring and supportive friends. It is wonderful that your aunt is taking time off for your visit. Enjoy your time with her and update us when you have time.:hug:

kat - Enjoy working in your flowerbed this afternoon.

Poirot - Do you get a lot of fog / steam coming off the snow piles when it gets that warm?

rk - Prayers continue for your Dad. The best thing is that this is a surgery that didn't have to be rushed as an emergency when the need was first discovered. That bodes well for his recovery time, too.
You'll have your aunt's support as well as our's to get through the week.

Good morning all...... my knee allowed me to actually sleep last night.... amazing what a good nights sleep can do for a person's outlook on the day.... yesterday after a cruddy night and then having to drop kids because of their parents and then having their parents behave like two year olds.... all while hurting not a good deal but I didn't actually snap at anyone.... so it's a win win.... only one more month of tracking people down.. then it's all over till August....well the billing portion is all over....

rk... it is a good thing that they found this out about your dad early..... enjoy your aunt and your little visit......

Manda... sending good thoughts your way...... along with thoughts of a day of massage and a mani-pedi...... for both you and Gena..... if only I could make it a reality instead of a thought I would.....

Capture.JPG
now if only this would work at my job... it would make the day so much better.....

Happy Tuesday

Good Morning Everyone,
RKN - Prayers for you dad and you, it's a difficult thing to deal with, my dad had heart surgery 14 or 15 years ago, so I can sympathize. :hug:
RS - Sounds like a fun day for you, enjoy.
Poirot - sounds like a typical spring day in Wisconsin, enjoy the warmer temperatures today.
Kat - enjoy your time in the flowerbed and your Bible study.
Noel - enjoy the cooler weather.
Robin - thanks for the good thoughts.

As for me, today is the final day of the move, we move the last bits of this and that, some of the groceries and the last remaining big stuff and our dear kitty. I just hope she doesn't decide to hide tonight when it's time to go. Last night my mom and brother brought over the new beds and got them both set up for us, Gena's is all made and ready to be slept in. Honestly we are both ready to be done and settle into the new apartment, but that won't really start until Saturday. Tomorrow is choir practice, Thursday we have Girl Scouts, and Friday the choir sings our Tenebrae message for the Good Friday Service. I'm looking forward to Saturday. Next week, I'll work on finding an attorney to get the divorce rolling.

Robin: s PJs holiday at work doesn't work St a hospital but it is a lovely wish. And yes sleep makes for a much brighter perspective on a new day. Hope less cranky parents contact you today and your day is more relaxing.

Manda: .Just been watching for your update today. It is nice to be do close to finishing the moving process. And new beds mean better sleep patterns and that is a stress reducer too. We are holding you in our thoughts and hearts and the children say prayers for sweet Gena. May Saturday be a blessed day for you both. :love:

Noel - the cooler weather and slight breeze sound so good. I would love to have a screened in porch!

RS - what a fun day for you! (you so deserve days like this) I'm not a chocolate fan but I love a blizzard at Dairy Queen!

Kate - I hope you enjoyed your Bible study and now to work in the yard!

Poirot - what an awful way to tease you with 60 today and back down to 30's tomorrow!

RK - keeping you and your family in my prayers. Enjoy your time with your Aunt.

Robin - thank god you made it through yesterday. Good luck today! Then by August you will have to train them all over again.

Manda - so glad your almost out of there -- Hopefully he is leaving you and Gena alone! Sounds like you have everything moved. Take a big deep breath and begin your new life - we are all here for you if you need us.

It's 53 and sunny here - suppose to start climbing up everyday! Two years ago today we threw our cigarettes out and cold turkey gave them up. I won't say it was easy and we both still have days that are hard. I know I will never take it back up because I never want to go through that first week - ever.

Have a great day

Back