4/2/18 - Donuts and Snowy Forecasts

mandamiee

Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone,

After a nice quiet Easter at my sister-in-law's house yesterday, I'm back to the normal chaos of work. Oh and 6-8 inches of snow in the forecast for tonight into tomorrow. I must say that I'm not exactly excited about that.

Church was wonderful yesterday and the choir sounded beautiful. But alas, this ridiculous cold would not let go and I was unable to sing the whole weekend. While the music was beautiful, I was a very sad that I couldn't join in.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday.

Good Monday folks.

We're back to the regular work-week routine. My son returns to school today, my daughter does have the flu and is home with Hubs, and he is recovering little by little. My day is already busy in the nursery. Such an improvement over last week. In my home, without A/C, it is 89F now.

Manda: so sorry you missed lifting your voice with the choir, but hopefully next year you can participate. Your weekend sounded lovely. Family and God are a perfect combo! Try to enjoy the beauty of the snow and make it a great day.

Morning all. Heading to the office today. The landlord needs access. They need to document the "improvements" they made to all the suites for tax purposes. Since I have a jury duty notice to appear tomorrow, I can't guarantee I'll be in the office the rest of the week. Yea.

Sorry y'all didn't enjoy Superstar last night. It was a good production.

Mr. Gus is sleeping off his 16th birthday party celebration from yesterday.

Have a great Monday.

8° this a.m. Sun is out, but snow is in the forecast. Ugh. Wind was blowing snow everywhere yesterday, and now another storm is on it's way. Mandy, my son who lives mid-state was moaning about the forecast south of here, which is for more than is forecast here. Let's just hope those weathermen are really wrong AGAIN!

BUT THEN, I remember going to a wedding in Milwaukee, my whole family, in mid/end of April, my cousin arrives saying it is snowing. I figure he is joking, NO, he is not. Big storm, we could not drive back home, so ended up getting split up for the night among all my relatives. I think 4 different ones. LOL. Next day we are trying to drive home (a Sunday, of course) no plows have been out of course, so you could not see the road, shoulders, etc. As we came to where we knew the road curved to the left.......we could see a car, straight ahead, in the middle of a field, obviously had thought the road went straight, and was now stuck.

It was a very slow drive home, guarantee you, (100 miles) and the weird thing, was....had not snowed where we lived. Mind you, we were all dressed up, spring coats, me in high heel dressy open strappy shoes. And none of it was forecast. LOLOL

Robin - I recorded Jesus Christ Superstar on the DVR to watch when I knew I'd be able to focus on it better. The tiny bits I watched looked good. I hope your jury duty is as exciting as my husbands. Five phone calls to the courthouse and not needing to go even 1 day. :)
Poirot - I remember lots of April snow storms. I just don't like them. :rotfl: My sophomore year of high school, we had to play almost all of our softball games as double headers in May, as the first half of the season they were all postponed because of the snow.

Noel - I'm glad you were able to go back to work today and that your son is back at school. Hopefully your husband and daughter will be feeling better soon.

Hi everybody. I woke up to a beautiful winter wonderland this morning. It is supposed to get up to around 40* today so all of my pretty snow will melt today.

I was supposed to grocery shop for my friends on Saturday then help at their house. Their nephew answered the phone when I called for the list, and said someone would call me back. He called a little while later to say that she wasn't feeling up to making a list or having anyone else there. I got a call yesterday morning from her nephew that she was being taken to the hospital by ambulance. I talked to her husband this morning, and the doctor told him that she has fluid in her lungs and around her heart.

I'm wondering if those of you who didn't care for Jesus Christ Superstar hadn't seen it before, and didn't know what to expect. I saw it on stage in Pittsburgh, Youngstown (Ohio), and twice in Toronto. It is a rock opera, and I can see why some wouldn't care for it. I thought that John Legend and the cast did a marvelous job. My only disappointment was with Herod. I really thought Alice Cooper would ham it up a lot more like I had seen all of the other actors do in that part. I guess the director must not have wanted that.

Amanda - I hope you feel better.

Noel - 89*! No thank you.

robinsnest - Geez. You would've thought they'd do the documentation when the work was finished.

Poirot - I'll take your snow.

Prayers continue for everyone.

Last edited:
Squirrel: hope you didn't have to shovel snow this morning. Your friend may be hospitalized a week and is blessed to have you care so much for her.

Superstar disappointed me in the sets and lack of visuals. Last night it just wasn't for me, but earlier versions years ago I enjoyed a lot.

It wasn't worth shoveling this morning because of the warmer day time temps, and much of it is already gone.

It may have made a difference if you had been able to see the show in person. A lot of the camera angles seemed strange to me. The cameras also seemed to focus on extras at times when I thought they should've been on different characters.

The minimal sets were like the ones used in the productions that I saw. Andrew Lloyd Webber said at the time that it was to keep people focused on what was happening on stage, and not what was decorating the stage.

RS - Glad you are happy to have snow. :) I have an appointment with my doctor today. Not specifically about my cold, as I scheduled it about 4 months ago. But I plan to ask about it while I'm there since I've had it so long.

JS - :rotfl:

Hello everyone. About that jury duty: I got out of it years ago and haven't been summoned since. I just told them I was on disability for a mental health disorder and they kicked me to the curb, lol!

I met the new landlords yesterday afternoon. Some people from their church came out to look around. I met the pastor and his wife, assistant pastor, etc. This is a small community where everyone knows someone who knows someone else, lol. I found out the pastor has a day job and knew my parents when he made home visits for my dad and his CPAP machine. It turns out my dad showed this guy his miniature car collection. My mother has been wondering what to do with all those model cars and the pastor said he would love to buy them. God works in mysterious ways!

It looks like I will have a little more time to live here and will be given plenty of notice before I have to move. I even told the pastor about the lovely stargazing out here with little light pollution and saw him and his wife walking around last night. I hope they will enjoy it as much as I have.

Take care.

kt - that is good news, that you will have lots of notice and perhaps they will just allow you to remain. A good tenant is hard to find.

I get to call in tonight to find out if I head to jury duty tomorrow early or mid-day or not at all. In AZ, it is one and done. If I don't get called for a jury pool, and just stay in the room all day, I will be given a year before the next call comes in. If I get called to go to a room and then get removed, I'm back on the list 2 years later. I haven't made an actual jury yet in AZ. Several in California, though.

I agree with the odd camera angles for several of the scenes last night, RS. The sets I've worked on have always been minimal. The last time I worked, I was in charge of the whip and blood. Had to apply blood to the back without harming the actor, and couldn't fly all over the place. And then when Pilot washes his hands, at first it is clear, then turns blood red.

Herod should have been "campier". It's like the Governor in Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. They had Alice Cooper for goodness sake. But then it must have been the director who didn't want it to become the talking point. Perhaps the fact he was in orange was the main thing. That seemed to be the twitter talking point last night.

Yesterday after working outside, I did break down and turn on the A/C.

kt, are they building a new church on the combined property?

It sure seems like things were meant to happen the way they did. It is just too bad that you had all of those months of uncertainty.

That's great that the pastor is interested in the model cars. I bet your Mom could use the money.

I agree that Herod just wasn't all that campy and flamboyant like those I've seen before. I figured that was the way it was supposed to be, especially since Andrew Lloyd Webber produced the show that I saw in Toronto.

Maybe they thought the Alice Cooper name would be enough? I would've liked to have seen him do more of the dancing and facial expressions. The dancing girls were also very distracting. They weren't that scantily clad on stage.

Last edited:
Another cloudy day here. Maybe rain tomorrow. The "S" word is in forecast for
Sat, but it won't amount to much if it does.

My subdivision has a rule not to park on the grass. One of homes across the street now
has renters and three vehicles. This morning, the young man who's parking in the
grass is stuck in mud because of all the rain. I thought it was funny. Today I could
see he's already worn
another spot where he's parked. I yelled at him that's what
happens when you park in the grass and told him about the subdivision rule. No
one enforces the rules, but everyone gets a list when we move in.

kt, I'm glad you can stay longer at the house and the pastor wants to buy your
dad's car collection.

manda, sorry you're still feeling bad and couldn't sing yesterday. You can send
the snow my way.

Noel, I hope your son does well at school today and hubby/daughter will be
better soon.

robin, I'm glad Mr Gus had a great birthday yesterday.

rs, sorry to hear your friend is in the hospital.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Monday.

KT: how perfect this all happened on Easter (new life). And it is great you have more time, will have good notice to find a new place and your mother gets a blessing too.

Kat: sometimes being a good neighbor just brings a laugh. And maybe a little "S" would appeal to you in place of rain.

AGuy: her version of that song is best.

A. Guy, she was in the touring company that I saw in Youngstown and Pittsburgh. That was before it went on Broadway, and it had the original singers from the rock album. The album came out first because no producers would touch a stage production.

Rebecca Caine keeps coming to mind for Toronto, but I think she was in Phantom of the Opera Instead. (I've seen that one 12 times and in 3 different countries.)

Last edited:
Want to laugh...? Here the rule says you cannot park ON THE STREET. LOL. O.K. small subdivision, narrow street. Driveway has room for two cars. So, there is one house with 3 vehicles, I swear none are ever in the garage, but two in driveway and one across street in GRASS. LOL. But now, with all the snow, impossible. So......park in the driveways of owners who are spending winter in AZ, TX, or FL. LOL

Back